advertisement
Forums

The Forum is sponsored by 

AAPL stock: Click Here

You are currently viewing the Tips and Deals forum
What do you know about hhgregg?
Posted by: Dakota
Date: September 13, 2010 09:07PM
Just saw their ad. When I looked up store locations looks like they have taken up residence in an old Circuit City building.

After you discover you're riding a dead horse, your best strategy is to dismount.
Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: What do you know about hhgregg?
Posted by: space-time
Date: September 13, 2010 09:12PM
[forums.macresource.com]
Posted by: Carnos Jax
Date: September 13, 2010 09:33PM
The only times I've. Heard of them is when someone posts deals on Slickdeals.net related to their online or
B&M sites. Never heard any complaints.
Posted by: Mini 9
Date: September 13, 2010 09:34PM
fine company
Posted by: $tevie
Date: September 13, 2010 09:41PM
The one I was in, which is fairly new, had the most useless sales clerks who could not answer any questions. At least three times there were large low prices that did not apply to the merchandise the signs were on but rather on merchandise one or two sections over. When we pointed out the inaccuracies the help seemed flummoxed as to what our complaint was. And they had no idea that the rebates were to be done online and blew five minutes looking for coupons until the manager came out and told them they were wasting their time. I didn't buy a thing and I won't be going back.

Posted by: NewtonMP2100
Date: September 13, 2010 10:45PM
......he's a good guy....and very funny.....

I reject your reality and substitute my own!
Posted by: decay
Date: September 13, 2010 11:02PM
unrelated to e.e.cummings

---
Posted by: cbelt3
Date: September 14, 2010 06:52AM
Discount appliance store chain. Chains like that roll through every 10-20 years. Commission sales, so you get the usual hassle, but low end commission, so the hasslers aren't too motivated and are very untrained. Mid to low end appliances, off-brand tech. Essentially they sell cheap Chinese crap, unlike the more upscale stores that sell more expensive Chinese crap.

They bought a bunch of the CC stores 'cause they were available on the cheap.
Posted by: billb
Date: September 14, 2010 07:40AM
The CC here gets leased as seasonal pop-up stores.
Not chain pop-ups though.
So far halloween stuff on halloween and christmas stuff before christmas.
Empty the rest of the time.
There could be others other times of the year, I don't drive by there very often, it a side street strip mall.
Posted by: Mini 9
Date: September 14, 2010 06:46PM
roll-through? hh Gregg manages to keep going so far where others have failed. They've been around for quite some time.
Posted by: Grateful11
Date: September 15, 2010 09:32PM
>"Essentially they sell cheap Chinese crap, unlike the more upscale stores that sell more expensive Chinese crap."

I've been in them multiple times and they sell basically the stuff as any other electronic chain, crap is crap.
Their TV's are no different from BB or Amazon or Fry's. I don't like the place because they're high pressure sales.

Grateful11
Posted by: neophyte
Date: September 15, 2010 10:54PM
My local hhgregg is good compared to competitors Best Barf, Lowes, Home Depot, and Sears, for medium to large appliances. My hhgregg has a much larger selection of microwaves, refrigerators, freezers, washers, etc. Competitive prices too. I like to see before I buy, and they had both the freezer and microwave that met my needs and that had good reviews online. None of the other stores had them.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 193
Record Number of Users: 186 on February 20, 2020
Record Number of Guests: 5122 on October 03, 2020