advertisement
Forums

The Forum is sponsored by 

AAPL stock: Click Here

You are currently viewing the Tips and Deals forum
"Rizzoli and Isles will return NEXT SUMMER" - TV series "seasons" have gotten ridiculous!
Posted by: Paul F.
Date: September 15, 2010 08:24PM
They've showed, what, 6 or 7 episodes? And now the "Season Finale", with the proud announcement "Rizzoli and Isles will return next summer!".

Like anyone is even going to REMEMBER the show 9 months from now?

Next up.. a "series" consisting of a SINGLE 60 minute episode, ONCE a year!!

Paul F.
-----
A sword never kills anybody; it is a tool in the killer's hand. - Lucius Annaeus Seneca c. 5 BC - 65 AD
----
Good is the enemy of Excellent. Talent is not necessary for Excellence.
Persistence is necessary for Excellence. And Persistence is a Decision.

--

--

--
Eureka, CA
Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: "Rizzoli and Isles will return NEXT SUMMER" - TV series "seasons" have gotten ridiculous!
Posted by: AlphaDog
Date: September 15, 2010 08:35PM
Try 10 episodes. That is probably about half of the number of episodes of the regular season shows, but look how much longer they spread out the showing. You get to see the program name in the TV guide from September until May, but that includes a lot of reruns.
Re: "Rizzoli and Isles will return NEXT SUMMER" - TV series "seasons" have gotten ridiculous!
Posted by: Paul F.
Date: September 15, 2010 08:39PM
I musta missed a couple at the beginning... but STILL..
10 weeks of shows, and NINE MONTHS of reruns?

Paul F.
-----
A sword never kills anybody; it is a tool in the killer's hand. - Lucius Annaeus Seneca c. 5 BC - 65 AD
----
Good is the enemy of Excellent. Talent is not necessary for Excellence.
Persistence is necessary for Excellence. And Persistence is a Decision.

--

--

--
Eureka, CA
Posted by: NewtonMP2100
Date: September 15, 2010 09:04PM
....so to quote Arnold.....'ISLES' be back.....????

I reject your reality and substitute my own!
Posted by: AlphaDog
Date: September 15, 2010 11:49PM
No, unlike the regular networks, I think the cable networks will probably be introducing some new stuff instead of using reruns of a one season program for nine months. I actually enjoy the bigger variety of programming that comes with more, shorter seasonal programming.
Posted by: RAMd®d
Date: September 15, 2010 11:57PM
Yes, the cable networks usually alternate shows like summer and winter wardrobes.

By the way, Paul, did you catch Rizzoli's comment about the fit of the tracksuit she had to wear for the "Massachusetts" marathon?

It certainly upped the ante from "Let's just how him our tits and get it over with". (Rizzoli would have regretted that move. Isles clearly had her outgunned.)

When a good man is hurt,
all who would be called good
must suffer with him.

Everybody matters or nobody matters.

You and I have memories longer than the road that stretches out ahead.

There is no safety for honest men except
by believing all possible evil of evil men.

We don’t do focus groups. They just ensure that you don’t offend anyone, and produce bland inoffensive products. —Sir Jonathan Ive

-An armed society is a polite society.
And hope is a lousy defense.

You make me pull, I'll put you down.

Mister, that's a ten-gallon hat on a twenty-gallon head.

I *love* SIGs. It's Glocks I hate.
Posted by: GeneL
Date: September 16, 2010 01:22AM
OMG! More of that inane show?

I still don't see how anyone, smart enough to be a member of this forum, could enjoy that completely overacted fiasco.

But, as I always say, "that's just my opinion, but I'm not wrong with this one." baseball bat smileysad smiley

GeneL
Date: September 16, 2010 07:28AM
It's all about choice, Gene.

I still don't see...

You don't have to. You don't like it, so be it. But there's no need to get your panties in a twist because somebody else does.

And being a "member of this forum" is apropos of nothing. There are more than a few members with far bigger flaws than watching TV shows that don't meet your approval, like the lack of common sense or objectivity.

You saw the subject line and you could have skipped the thread entirely. No need to pop a vessel over a TV show.

Now I could end this missive with a cutesy little emotocon, but I don't see how an adult up could use those at all. But rather than worry about that, I just choose not to.

That was easy.

When a good man is hurt,
must suffer with him.

We don’t do focus groups. They just ensure that you don’t offend anyone, and produce bland inoffensive products. —Sir Jonathan Ive

Posted by: bazookaman
Date: September 16, 2010 07:41AM
They are just copying Brit series now. They are all 6 to 10 eps each.

Date: September 16, 2010 10:17AM
They are just copying Brit series now. They are all 6 to 10 eps each.

I don't know if all British seasons are like that, but it does seem like most are.

But in this case, I think it's just the Summer replacement series that have short seasons. That and the fact that a lot of those are untried and a few episodes is all they get, in case they go T/U.

When a good man is hurt,
must suffer with him.

Posted by: NewtonMP2100
Date: September 16, 2010 11:19AM
.....many new series are only give a limited number of episodes to see if the show will work out....so they may have shorter first seasons....

I reject your reality and substitute my own!
Posted by: MysteryGuest
Date: September 16, 2010 12:08PM
I'd rather have 12 episodes of The Wire than 22 episodes of According to Jim.
Posted by: h linamen
Date: September 16, 2010 02:33PM
Well... my wife and I really like the series.... inspired by Tess Gerritsen's novels. Obviously many others enjoy it too.
Posted by: Lizard
Date: September 27, 2011 07:39PM
TNT. com said it will come back in November
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 129
Record Number of Users: 186 on February 20, 2020
Record Number of Guests: 5122 on October 03, 2020