advertisement
Forums

The Forum is sponsored by 

AAPL stock: Click Here

You are currently viewing the Tips and Deals forum
I thought this was interesting - free iPad use in Lexus dealer's waiting room
Posted by: olnacl
Date: September 30, 2010 09:59AM
I went with a friend to look at a new Lexus and besides demo-ing the car, the salesperson took us on a tour of the dealership facility. The customer waiting room has cappuccino, wi-fi (duh) and at each table between two seats, an iPad for customer use while waiting. Not sure it's worth the 20M premium she paid for a Lexus SUV that's about the same size as my Honda CRV though…

Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: I thought this was interesting - free iPad use in Lexus dealer's waiting room
Posted by: rgG
Date: September 30, 2010 10:49AM
My husband and I had to go to our accountant's office a few weeks ago, and they had a loaner iPad for use by people who were in the waiting room. The receptionist offered it to me, but I told her I had brought my own. grinning smiley

Roswell, GA (Atlanta suburb)
Re: I thought this was interesting - free iPad use in Lexus dealer's waiting room
Posted by: N-OS X-tasy!
Date: September 30, 2010 11:48AM
20M? Your friend way overpaid on her Lexus. smiling smiley

My wife's uncle sells cars at a Lexus dealership; we get good pricing on our cars. The Lexus RX350 is a very nice vehicle (although I was fonder of the previous model than I am of the current).

It is what it is.
Posted by: zeppo2
Date: September 30, 2010 02:03PM
Bought a car with my wife last Sunday at the local BMW/VW dealership. Brought my iPad, and I had half the weekend skeleton crew wanting to look at it and play with it. I guess BMW doesn't treat its customers or salesmen as nicely as the Lexus folks.
Date: September 30, 2010 05:45PM
N-OS X-tasy!
20M? Your friend way overpaid on her Lexus. smiling smiley.

That was sticker with all the dealer add-ons Actual price paid, while still considerable, was somewhat less.

Date: September 30, 2010 06:09PM
Let's try again...

20 MILLION? Your friend WAAAAAAAY overpaid on her Lexus!

It is what it is.
Posted by: Ammo
Date: September 30, 2010 06:28PM
This story illustrates one of the great appeals of the iPad - you can give it to someone who has never used one before and in an extremely shot period of time, they are working independently.
Date: September 30, 2010 10:22PM
N-OS X-tasy!
Let's try again...

Roman Numeral

M = 1000

But you knew that and were just trying to be funny, right? I s'pose I could have said 20K, but then someone would say "20 Kilometers more than your CRV?"

Geez, a guy has to be so literal here! old fogey smiley

Posted by: RAMd®d
Date: October 01, 2010 12:32PM
M = 1000

If this were a forum in Europe, or populated by a large number of Europeans, that would be a common assumption.

Given the actual demographic, and the common use of K = 1000, I'd say being literal is not a bad way to go.

When a good man is hurt,
all who would be called good
must suffer with him.

Everybody matters or nobody matters.

You and I have memories longer than the road that stretches out ahead.

There is no safety for honest men except
by believing all possible evil of evil men.

We don’t do focus groups. They just ensure that you don’t offend anyone, and produce bland inoffensive products. —Sir Jonathan Ive

-An armed society is a polite society.
And hope is a lousy defense.

You make me pull, I'll put you down.

Mister, that's a ten-gallon hat on a twenty-gallon head.

I *love* SIGs. It's Glocks I hate.
Date: October 01, 2010 10:31PM
olnacl
N-OS X-tasy!
Let's try again...

Roman Numeral

M = 1000

But you knew that and were just trying to be funny, right? I s'pose I could have said 20K, but then someone would say "20 Kilometers more than your CRV?"

Geez, a guy has to be so literal here! old fogey smiley

So what you really meant to write was

(MM)

or

XX M

or perhaps

MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM

...right?

It is what it is.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 185
Record Number of Users: 186 on February 20, 2020
Record Number of Guests: 5122 on October 03, 2020