Deals | News | Forums

The Forum is sponsored by 

AAPL stock: $102.99 ( +0.52 )

*Cached every 60 seconds. For live updating, Click Here

You are currently viewing the Tips and Deals forum
Motorola SB xxxx Cable Modem flashing SEND and Receive
Posted by: Microman
Date: February 01, 2011 07:12AM
Got home from a week away, and found cable modem flashing the SEND and RECEIVE lights. Apparently power failure while away, as other clocks in house, were flashing. Turned off MODEM for a minute and back on, and still the same thing. Called Time Warner, and they sent signals from Level 2 Tech Support, and said they need to send someone tomorrow Wednesday 1-3.

This is my Cable modem., and I dont mind if they come and give me something., Will they charge for a modem?

Also, I have read briefly online , that I might be able to redo the firmware on the Modem when I get home from work, and that might work, and then call them and reprovision again.

Thoughts?
Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: Motorola SB xxxx Cable Modem flashing SEND and Receive
Posted by: Doc
Date: February 01, 2011 08:29AM
> Thoughts?

Power-cycle the modem again, but this time unplug the modem from wall-power and leave it unplugged for 10 minutes.

Any pattern to the blinking lights? Some modems use blink-codes. Check the modem's manual.

Try connecting to the modem using the address 192.168.100.1 in your web browser. You may be able to view its present status and logs and see if there's a specific error that it's reporting.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/01/2011 08:31AM by Doc.
Posted by: Ken Sp.
Date: February 01, 2011 09:19AM
I always doubted this, but it is important to also unplug the coax cable since it can carry some charge, and may affect the total power down of the modem.
Posted by: Racer X
Date: February 01, 2011 12:01PM
I'd leave in completely unplugged from everything for maybe 1/2 an hour. No coax, power or e-net cables.
Posted by: testcase
Date: February 01, 2011 01:53PM
Isn't there e Reset button somewhere on the modem? A straightened paperclip is often needed to get inside the small hole but, once in, when you press gently with the clip, you'll feel it "click". It may not be marked "Reset" so, if you see a very small round hole, I'd try there with the clip.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login