advertisement
Forums

The Forum is sponsored by 

AAPL stock: Click Here

You are currently viewing the Tips and Deals forum
Best Verizon phone for talk & text?
Posted by: Raymond Roche
Date: March 01, 2011 10:10AM
Looking to get one of my kids an updated Verizon phone. She wants to start texting so any opinions on which--hopefully used--Verizon phone to get that has a KB but does not require a data?

Those Palm Pixies that float through here require data contract, according to Verizon.
Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: Best Verizon phone for talk & text?
Posted by: neophyte
Date: March 01, 2011 10:14AM
Used? Samsung Intensity I or II are OK. Older kb phones like the Alias and Env3 require a data package, newer ones do not. The Blitz does not hold up over time.
Posted by: cbelt3
Date: March 01, 2011 10:37AM
Two of my kids have the Samsung Intensity II.. one an active 12 year old whose phones have 'accidents' and TXT messages a bit too much. (I'm expecting carpal thumbs). At the 6 month point, they're holding up.

The 'conversation thread' theme for messages in the Samsung is very helpful.
Posted by: Grateful11
Date: March 01, 2011 01:09PM
LG Octane, side flip or LG Cosmos, a slider. Both have a qwerty KB.

Neither require a Data package.

Grateful11

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/01/2011 01:10PM by Grateful11.
Posted by: Black
Date: March 01, 2011 04:30PM
cbelt3
(I'm expecting carpal thumbs). .

Wrist-thumbs?

New forum user map 8/2015: [www.zeemaps.com]
Posted by: gabester
Date: March 02, 2011 10:22AM
So... you're looking at $5 or more for texting which could have overage charges... or a phone with data plan that using a text equivalent could never exceed for $15 - $30 (which would be completely unlimited...)

For example, on my new iPhone with unlimited data I refused to sign up for a texting plan figuring I'd use the data to get the job done. The annoyance is that by using one of the 3rd party texting apps I have to tell friends and family who might text me to use that number instead of my iPhone number... but so far it's worked well enough.

It sickens me to see consumers handing over money to the telecoms for a "service" that costs the telecoms next to nothing to provide but which they've priced to reap massive profits. Yeah, I know it's akin to the cost of soda pop where you're paying for mostly water.
g=
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 235
Record Number of Users: 186 on February 20, 2020
Record Number of Guests: 5122 on October 03, 2020