advertisement
Forums

The Forum is sponsored by 

AAPL stock: Click Here

You are currently viewing the Tips and Deals forum
Learning Not to Trust the Apple Store!
Posted by: IronMac
Date: March 03, 2011 03:34AM
Geeze! Ok, so yesterday, after the Apple Store went back online I went ahead and purchased a refurb Mac mini for one of my sisters for her birthday. Everything looked fine but I got suspicious after a couple of hours when no confirmation email came through. I checked the order status and find out that it's been cancelled.

I called Apple and they said that they had an issue with my credit card's verification and suggested I called MBNA. So, I called MBNA and while on hold with them (not long, though) I placed a second order on the Apple site. That seemed to go fine. MBNA came on and said that they see both transactions and that they've approved both transactions.

So, I called up Apple again and they said that the second transaction went through fine and they will send out the delivery details when the item ships.

Well, I just checked my Apple account and they cancelled the order right after midnight PST!!!

Holy cow! What is going on here? First off, they can't be bothered to send me an email cancelling my order(s)? They can't contact me if there's a problem? Second, how can they say that it goes through and then cancel it again?

When their phone line opens this morning.... angry villagers smiley
Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: Learning Not to Trust the Apple Store!
Date: March 03, 2011 03:34AM
At this rate, I am going to have to walk over and purchase a brand new mini because her birthday is next week! cursing smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/03/2011 03:35AM by IronMac.
Posted by: N-OS X-tasy!
Date: March 03, 2011 04:00AM
At this point I would call Customer Relations.

It is what it is.
Date: March 03, 2011 04:23AM
Good idea. I don't understand where the problem lies, they've only been charging the same card since October for my app purchases for my iPhone!
Posted by: DRR
Date: March 03, 2011 10:28AM
IronMac
Good idea. I don't understand where the problem lies, they've only been charging the same card since October for my app purchases for my iPhone!

That may be true but the same card could decline because it's a large purchase. I generally call my CC company any time I plan on making a purchase over $1000. They're just trying to protect you (and themselves) against fraud. Apple may be guilty of poor communication in this process but it's not their fault your card was declined or the transaction status put on hold.
Date: March 03, 2011 10:56AM
The credit card company approved the transaction, twice.
Posted by: silvarios
Date: March 03, 2011 02:22PM
DRR
Apple may be guilty of poor communication in this process but it's not their fault your card was declined or the transaction status put on hold.

According to IronMac, it sure seems like Apple is refusing to process the order.
Posted by: $tevie
Date: March 03, 2011 03:17PM
DRR
Apple may be guilty of poor communication in this process but it's not their fault your card was declined or the transaction status put on hold.

IronMac
MBNA came on and said that they see both transactions and that they've approved both transactions

Posted by: silvarios
Date: March 03, 2011 03:31PM
Maybe Apple is punishing IronMac for co-opting "Mac" for his own uses?
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 115
Record Number of Users: 186 on February 20, 2020
Record Number of Guests: 5122 on October 03, 2020