advertisement
Forums

The Forum is sponsored by 

AAPL stock: Click Here

You are currently viewing the Tips and Deals forum
USB charger
Posted by: bazookaman
Date: March 03, 2011 04:57AM
I'm looking for a USB charger to charge our multitude of portable USB devices. Cell phones, ipods, GPS's etc. They all can charge via USB. So I thought a dedicated multi-port USB charger, like this, would be just the ticket. But I was wondering if there are good ones or bad ones. And what I need to look for or if they're all pretty much equal and to buy whatever is cheapest.

Re: USB charger
Posted by: testcase
Date: March 03, 2011 06:08AM
I haven't used that one but, I have used the Belkin model shown (the one that has three 110 AC outlets and two USB. I have several of those and like them. Last two I bought I got at $10/each delivered). They are handy devices.
Options:  Reply • Quote
Date: March 03, 2011 07:51AM
Yep. The belkin is what gave me the idea. I just don't need the AC outlets. I'd prefer to have 4 (or more) usb outlets and thats it.

Posted by: rgG
Date: March 03, 2011 09:10AM
Get the touchstone charger for your Pixi. It is as cool as any Apple product, and it is only $15 with a car charger thrown in, if they still have the bundle on sale at Verizon.

Roswell, GA (Atlanta suburb)
Posted by: rexs
Date: March 03, 2011 11:39AM
Will a powered USB hub charge as just as well?
Posted by: Chakravartin
Date: March 03, 2011 03:24PM
I'm not familiar with that particular model, but I haven't yet had any trouble with similar wall chargers and my guess is that it'll work just fine.
Date: March 03, 2011 04:01PM
I was reading some reviews of one of those 4 plug chargers. i think it was the newegg one. And people were saying that it works fine...as long as you don't have 4 things plugged in at the same time.

Posted by: Racer X
Date: March 03, 2011 05:18PM
It splits 2 amps among the 4 sockets. The more you plug in, the slower they all charge.
Date: March 03, 2011 06:29PM
Racer X
It splits 2 amps among the 4 sockets. The more you plug in, the slower they all charge.

A lot of them claimed their devices didn't charge at all. Not slower. Which kind of defeats the purpose of having 4 ports. If I didn't have 4 things to charge at once I wouldn't need 4 ports to begin with.

Posted by: bhaveshp
Date: March 03, 2011 06:35PM
When we travel as a family of 4, we typically have 4-5 usb charged devices, plus laptop, camera with us.. so I looked for something similar.

Ended up getting this:
[www.amazon.com]

Only 2 USB ports, but I also have a dual USB charger that I put into the 120 VAC socket. Gives me 4 USB + 1 extra 120VAC for the laptop.

Hmm... I think the new MBA USB ports maybe active when its charging.. so I could put 2 USB devices into that... Will try that next trip.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 200
Record Number of Users: 186 on February 20, 2020
Record Number of Guests: 5122 on October 03, 2020