advertisement
Forums

The Forum is sponsored by 

AAPL stock: Click Here

You are currently viewing the Tips and Deals forum
A few iPad2 Q's
Posted by: MacManMaz
Date: March 11, 2011 01:15PM
Hoping there is somebody that knows more than me, getting ready to hit the local Apple store.

Can two people have seperate settings for email, browsing, facebook etc. and switch between users somehow?

Can you buy the iPad2 and then decide which carrier (At&t or Verizon) after purchase?

Thanks
Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: A few iPad2 Q's
Posted by: Trouble
Date: March 11, 2011 01:17PM
no and no
Posted by: MacManMaz
Date: March 11, 2011 01:23PM
cry smiley
Posted by: Kramerica
Date: March 11, 2011 01:50PM
Buy one for each carrier and solve both problems! smiling smiley
Posted by: TheToddler
Date: March 11, 2011 01:56PM
it's possible to share if its among people where security isn't an issue.

-- you can have multiple email accounts, but no way to "lock them down" to prevent a second user from seeing all counts.

-- each person could have their own bookmarks in the browser

-- each person could sign in and out of facebook (or alternately, one could use the browser, my preference, and one could use a Facebook app).
Posted by: space-time
Date: March 11, 2011 01:57PM
Kramerica
Buy one for each carrier and solve both problems! smiling smiley

buy 4: one for each carrier, one for each person smiling smiley
Posted by: silvarios
Date: March 11, 2011 03:20PM
The iOS devices really are personal computers. Generally single tasking, single user devices. I don't mind that except for the fact they cost as much or more as traditional mobile computers. All of these new tablets actually, not just iOS device, are fairly expensive.

I think netbooks had the pricing right, but the tablets may have the form factor/user interface right. Too bad the best of both couldn't be merged together. $300 tablets would be quite nice. The first gen iPad is almost there at the moment, so maybe in a couple years we will see the entry price adjust downwards.
Date: March 11, 2011 03:23PM
I am a little surprised Apple didn't offer a dual network CDMA/GSM model of iPad. Too big? Too power hungry?

That would certainly make purchasing the iPad 2 a much easier decision. You have two color choices and three storage capacities for two trims, WiFi and 3G.
Posted by: Rick-o
Date: March 11, 2011 05:56PM
silvarios
The iOS devices really are personal computers. Generally single tasking, single user devices. I don't mind that except for the fact they cost as much or more as traditional mobile computers. All of these new tablets actually, not just iOS device, are fairly expensive.

I think netbooks had the pricing right, but the tablets may have the form factor/user interface right. Too bad the best of both couldn't be merged together. $300 tablets would be quite nice. The first gen iPad is almost there at the moment, so maybe in a couple years we will see the entry price adjust downwards.

I never cared for the whole netbook thing, but the iPad was apparently built for someone like me. Pricey, yeah. Just like every other new thing out there that's hot. Remember the price of the first iPod? 5GB for what, over $500.? 1st gen. Shuffle was $100. and now look at the prices for those two devices. My guess is that tablets WILL come down in price. Eventually.

Mr. Lahey: A lot of people, don’t know how to drink. They drink against the grain of the liquor. And when you drink against the grain of the liquor? You lose.

Randy: What the @#$%& are you talking about?
Posted by: Trouble
Date: March 11, 2011 07:01PM
silvarios
I am a little surprised Apple didn't offer a dual network CDMA/GSM model of iPad. Too big? Too power hungry?

That would certainly make purchasing the iPad 2 a much easier decision. You have two color choices and three storage capacities for two trims, WiFi and 3G.

I think it was due to incompatible antennae designs.
Date: March 11, 2011 08:29PM
Clearly people are building phones with the chipset and they manage to get reception. I can understand how retrofitting the iPhone 4 with the proper antenna for dual function could be troublesome, but the new iPad? I figure the per unit cost is too high or higher battery drain as more likely causes, but what do I know? I would be curious for an official Apple response.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/11/2011 08:33PM by silvarios.
Posted by: RAMd®d
Date: March 12, 2011 10:06AM
5G was $400, 10G was $500.

More than just a "hot" premium, the cost of tech was much higher then.

I've got a "netbook" and an iPad. I stopped using the Mini9 before I ever got the 'Pad, and now will never use it again.

The M9 was one of the very few purchases I jumped on because I thought it was pretty cool- this real, tiny computer. The honeymoon ended quickly.

The Air has taken its place for roadwork, and the 'Pad covers the remaining bases.

When a good man is hurt,
all who would be called good
must suffer with him.

Everybody matters or nobody matters.

You and I have memories longer than the road that stretches out ahead.

There is no safety for honest men except
by believing all possible evil of evil men.

We don’t do focus groups. They just ensure that you don’t offend anyone, and produce bland inoffensive products. —Sir Jonathan Ive

-An armed society is a polite society.
And hope is a lousy defense.

You make me pull, I'll put you down.

Mister, that's a ten-gallon hat on a twenty-gallon head.

I *love* SIGs. It's Glocks I hate.
Posted by: Rick-o
Date: March 12, 2011 02:04PM
Ah, thanks RAMd®d, I was a bit fuzzy on my numbers.

Mr. Lahey: A lot of people, don’t know how to drink. They drink against the grain of the liquor. And when you drink against the grain of the liquor? You lose.

Randy: What the @#$%& are you talking about?
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 171
Record Number of Users: 186 on February 20, 2020
Record Number of Guests: 5122 on October 03, 2020