advertisement
Forums

The Forum is sponsored by 

AAPL stock: Click Here

You are currently viewing the Tips and Deals forum
Elementary School Orchestra's Spring Concert, piece written by a 9 yo
Posted by: Grateful11
Date: March 26, 2011 12:33PM
Now they're a bit rough around the edges but they put a lot effort into it. I discovered it on Facebook.

"The class played Baron Wright’s “Fighting for Our Country” during the spring concert.

Baron Wright isn’t a famous composer, at least not yet.

He’s a 9-year-old Faith Elementary School student who’s been writing music since the age of 6, when he began his first piano lessons.

Linda Jones, executive director of the Salisbury Symphony Orchestra, said she was “knocked out” when she heard the ensemble perform Baron’s song."

[bcove.me]

[www.salisburypost.com]

Grateful11

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/26/2011 12:33PM by Grateful11.
Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: Elementary School Orchestra's Spring Concert, piece written by a 9 yo
Posted by: hal
Date: March 26, 2011 12:47PM
well, it sounds like it was written and performed by 9 year olds... hard to get excited about it...
Posted by: Ombligo
Date: March 26, 2011 04:37PM
The performance.. ehh
The composition was interesting. I'd like to hear someone who can play perform it.

However it reminded me of the six worse weeks of my life. It was spent in 6th grade Violin class. that class was a complete, absolute waste of my time. Six weeks I will never get back.... But it was required by the school district - no exceptions.

Have I mentioned that I lost my right arm at the shoulder when I was two-years-old?

“No persons are more frequently wrong, than those who will not admit they are wrong.”
-- François de La Rochefoucauld
Date: March 26, 2011 05:31PM
"Have I mentioned that I lost my right arm at the shoulder when I was two-years-old?"

are you serious?

omg, that's funny...

you should have demanded to play 'the solo' in whatever your class was working on...
Posted by: Ombligo
Date: March 26, 2011 08:41PM
Yep, I'm serious. I had to hold the stupid thing under my neck and finger the proper strings. I never made a sound with it during the entire class. That means I sounded better than anyone else in the class. big grin smiley

The only thing that even comes close is the two-week archery unit in I had to take in high school.

“No persons are more frequently wrong, than those who will not admit they are wrong.”
-- François de La Rochefoucauld
Date: March 27, 2011 02:44PM
yer crackin' me up here...

at least you learned fingering on the violin, but what possible good is archery lessons?
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 158
Record Number of Users: 186 on February 20, 2020
Record Number of Guests: 5122 on October 03, 2020