advertisement
Forums

The Forum is sponsored by 

AAPL stock: Click Here

You are currently viewing the Tips and Deals forum
appletv 2 question
Posted by: lazydays
Date: May 11, 2011 09:25AM
I currently have 3 appletv's spread out across the house. If I had the appletv2 could I start a movie in itunes and push it to all 3 appletv's at the same time so I could be walking around the house doing chores with the same show on each tv?
Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: appletv 2 question
Posted by: TheToddler
Date: May 11, 2011 10:29AM
i only have one, but i think you'd have to control each Apple TV independently ... in your terms, they "pull" more than iTunes pushes.
Posted by: (vikm)
Date: May 11, 2011 03:47PM
I don't know about that. It's an interesting question. Maybe the iTunes as the source isn't the best example (although it could be exactly the same, I dunno). What if you have a film on your ipad and want to push it to an ATV. If you have more than one, I wonder if you need to designate which it goes to. I'm guessing you do, and that it wouldn't go to all three (if you wanted it to).

Another question is can an ATV in one room pull from iTunes while another in another is pulling a completely different movie at the same time?
Posted by: Plumbking
Date: May 11, 2011 08:09PM
(vikm)
Another question is can an ATV in one room pull from iTunes while another in another is pulling a completely different movie at the same time?

I don't know about ATV but Plex and XBOX can. I have movies and TV shows on one drive on a media server and we often watch different things from different devices at the same time with no problem.
Posted by: mjgkramer
Date: May 12, 2011 08:25AM
I have two Apple TV 2s. From what I have seen you can watch the same movie from the same Mac at the same time but I don't think there is any way to synchronize them.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 219
Record Number of Users: 186 on February 20, 2020
Record Number of Guests: 5122 on October 03, 2020