advertisement
Forums

The Forum is sponsored by 

AAPL stock: Click Here

You are currently viewing the Tips and Deals forum
Another reason why I love Amazon Prime
Posted by: Trouble
Date: July 21, 2011 12:58PM
If the item I am ordering is within 1 day shipping, they automatically ship it one day without charging me the $4.
Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: Another reason why I love Amazon Prime
Posted by: rgG
Date: July 21, 2011 01:03PM
Is that a more of a guideline or a rule? It would seem to defeat the whole purpose of charging the $3.99, if they always did this.

Roswell, GA (Atlanta suburb)
Posted by: rjmacs
Date: July 21, 2011 01:08PM
In my experience, this freebie experience depends on how close you are to the shipping distribution center.... But if you're lucky enough to live close, bully for you!

rj
AKA
Vreemac, Moth of the Future
Posted by: OWC Jamie
Date: July 21, 2011 01:12PM
I've had that happen a few times from them. Including a new Pioneer A/V receiver that weighs about 20# - one day delivery, was stunned when that happened smiling smiley

Outpost and their $3 overnight through Airborne spoiled us all back in the day smiling smiley

Good Luck!
Jamie Dresser
Other World Computing
Date: July 21, 2011 01:14PM
OWC Jamie
I've had that happen a few times from them. Including a new Pioneer A/V receiver that weighs about 20# - one day delivery, was stunned when that happened smiling smiley

Outpost and their $3 overnight through Airborne spoiled us all back in the day smiling smiley

Don't forget MacConnection with their $5 overnight and ordering up til 3 AM. I bought a ton of junk from them.
Date: July 21, 2011 01:20PM
rjmacs
In my experience, this freebie experience depends on how close you are to the shipping distribution center.... But if you're lucky enough to live close, bully for you!

That's it exactly. Depends from where they are shipping the item.
Posted by: OWC Jamie
Date: July 21, 2011 01:25PM
Trouble
OWC Jamie

Don't forget MacConnection with their $5 overnight and ordering up til 3 AM. I bought a ton of junk from them.

Yeah but I was delivery #1 on the route from the airport for my Airborne driver smiling smiley I had my items literally by 830AM unless it was foggy or snowing hard smiling smiley Can't go wrong with that service!

Good Luck!
Jamie Dresser
Other World Computing
Posted by: space-time
Date: July 21, 2011 01:27PM
OWC Jamie

I think it was free around 1999-2000 IIRC
Posted by: freeradical
Date: July 21, 2011 01:27PM
Trouble
rjmacs

That's it exactly. Depends from where they are shipping the item.

Yep. There's an Amazon distribution center in Fernley NV. If an item is located there, I get it in one day with two day shipping.
Date: July 21, 2011 01:32PM
OWC Jamie
Yeah but I was delivery #1 on the route from the airport for my Airborne driver smiling smiley I had my items literally by 830AM unless it was foggy or snowing hard smiling smiley Can't go wrong with that service!

If anyone wants their UPS items quickly, get to know your UPS delivery man and find out his delivery route. Just go to his first scheduled stop on time and he'll give you your package right then. Probably will work for FedEx as well..
Posted by: davester
Date: July 21, 2011 01:40PM
I'd say that about 90% of my amazon purchases (both before and after I got prime) have shown up the next day, no matter what shipping method I chose.

"In science it often happens that scientists say, 'You know that's a really good argument; my position is mistaken,' and then they would actually change their minds and you never hear that old view from them again. They really do it. It doesn't happen as often as it should, because scientists are human and change is sometimes painful. But it happens every day. I cannot recall the last time something like that happened in politics or religion." (1987) -- Carl Sagan
Posted by: TheToddler
Date: July 21, 2011 09:20PM
Outpost was indeed free for a few years ... Frequently ordered something just before 3am cutoff and doorbell rang before 9 .... Instant grat
Posted by: NewtonMP2100
Date: July 21, 2011 11:33PM
....what a PRIME example.....

I reject your reality and substitute my own!
Posted by: blusubaru
Date: July 22, 2011 06:59AM
Prime = Amazing. Diapers via Amazon.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 162
Record Number of Users: 186 on February 20, 2020
Record Number of Guests: 2330 on October 25, 2018