advertisement
Forums

The Forum is sponsored by 

AAPL stock: Click Here

You are currently viewing the Tips and Deals forum
Why is my Quick Shade Canopy so hard to put up?
Posted by: Microman
Date: July 30, 2011 11:48AM
I have this Quick Shade Canopy that is so hard to put up. Even with two people standing across from each other and holding in the assigned spots, it will not spring up. Seems to be tight somewhere.

Now some background. I got it for free. Did buy a new top that I want to put on it. I guess I left it out during some wind, and it ripped the old one. Originally picked it up when someone had thrown it away, when a leg had bent. I bought another leg , and legs are fine. But it still binds somewhere in the scissoring action of the parts.

Any suggestions of what to do. I put a little silicone spray on joints. Hope that doesnt make it worse. Dont see any bent parts. Video online, has two people holding and walking it apart, and it springs up.
Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: Why is my Quick Shade Canopy so hard to put up?
Posted by: cbelt3
Date: July 30, 2011 11:50AM
Well, odds are something IS binding.. probably at the connectors somewhere. Or misaligned, and binding as a result. Mine got broken in a sudden gust of wind, so I got out the welder and fixed it. It looks a little weird, but hey... Why spend another $80 ?
Posted by: vision63
Date: July 30, 2011 12:37PM
cbelt3
Well, odds are something IS binding.. probably at the connectors somewhere. Or misaligned, and binding as a result. Mine got broken in a sudden gust of wind, so I got out the welder and fixed it. It looks a little weird, but hey... Why spend another $80 ?

Yea, most of them do not come with stakes. I've had mine comically fly across the park a couple of times.
Posted by: haikuman
Date: July 30, 2011 12:43PM
Boycot buying cheap Chinese crap ~!~ Buy some line/rope and a decent tarp...man up you shopping @#$%& ~!~ devil smiley jest smiley

“Stay Hungry Stay Foolish"
Steve Jobs

"There are only two mantras yum and yuk mine is yum "
Bernard Mickey Wrangle<>Tom Robbins<> "Still Life With Woodpecker"

"There is a fine line between a rut and a groove"
G.D. Kittredge III

"

Posted by: artie67
Date: July 30, 2011 12:46PM
I discovered that spreading out the legs and then have one person get under and lift up the center. Then have helper slide up the legs a little at a time. Taking the weight off the leg seems to make it slide easier.
Posted by: Wailer
Date: July 30, 2011 04:20PM
artie67
I discovered that spreading out the legs and then have one person get under and lift up the center. Then have helper slide up the legs a little at a time. Taking the weight off the leg seems to make it slide easier.

Try buying it a drink first.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 236
Record Number of Users: 52 on November 20, 2014
Record Number of Guests: 847 on February 04, 2015