advertisement
Forums

The Forum is sponsored by 

AAPL stock: Click Here

You are currently viewing the Tips and Deals forum
Verizon gurus - a question on plans
Posted by: timg
Date: August 19, 2011 07:41PM
OK, been perusing the verizon website and can't seem to easily find the answer I
need. Here's the question with the hope that someone here might have done this recently
and knows the answer ...

I have an individual plan with the $29.99 unlimited smartphone data.

I have a son who is asking for a cell phone, and we may agree to that.

It seems I would need to switch to a family plan to "add a line". If I do that, do I lose the
unlimited data option for the smart phone?

Skill without imagination is craftsmanship. Imagination without skill is Modern Art.
Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: Verizon gurus - a question on plans
Posted by: Grateful11
Date: August 19, 2011 10:24PM
It's possible but I'm not sure. We switched my sons iPhone over to his brother after Jesse passed away and they
said there was no way we could keep the unlimited on the iPhone because it was changing owners. Lots of things
change when you change plans.To get Friends and Family numbers you have to go to 1400 minutes a month.

BTW: You have to have a death certificate to get a phone removed from a plan and not have to pay Early Termination Fees,
an Obituary won't do it. I guess some sleezeball must have faked an Obituary to get out of a contract in the past.

Grateful11
Posted by: rgG
Date: August 19, 2011 11:11PM
You could always put your son on a prepaid plan like Page Plus, which uses the Verizon network. Unless it is cheaper to add him to your plan, it is a good way to make sure that he never goes over his minutes or texts, because it is prepaid.

Roswell, GA (Atlanta suburb)
Date: August 19, 2011 11:36PM
If switching plans means losing the unlimited data I will probably look for an alternative like a pre-paid plan.

Verizon certainly doesn't make this information easily accessible ...

Skill without imagination is craftsmanship. Imagination without skill is Modern Art.
Posted by: neophyte
Date: August 20, 2011 04:49PM
No change will occur to your line unless your Verizonwireless plan is so old that it cannot have a line added. Which plan do you have?

The data package is a feature added to individual lines of service. Your line has the $29.99 unlimited data feature, which is no longer available for new lines of service. That feature is part of your contract. The contract terms are binding on you as well as VZW. VZW will not change it unless they want to risk you leaving VZW without paying a termination fee. In my nearly 5 years as a VZW premium retailer, VZW has never changed features and made those changes required on lines under contract. You, the consumer, can change to a new feature (like the new $30, 2GB data feature), and VZW will accept the change. But why would you want to? You wouldn't, and VZW won't make you.
Date: August 20, 2011 09:10PM
I have the "NATIONWIDE TALK 450" plan.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 234
Record Number of Users: 186 on February 20, 2020
Record Number of Guests: 5122 on October 03, 2020