advertisement
Forums

The Forum is sponsored by 

AAPL stock: Click Here

You are currently viewing the Tips and Deals forum
Android phone for pageplus
Posted by: dotman
Date: August 25, 2011 10:09AM
after getting great help from the forum, i setup a palm pixi for a friend on page plus. the service is nice, and i'm thinking of switching from att to verizon now myself, since it costs about half. i really need email and web though, and could get by with wireless.

I think though i would prefer an android. what phones for verizon would be a good choice for a prepaid or monthly plan with PP?

and any good resources on getting a no contract phone at a reasonable price (i bought the pixi at amazon), would be helpful.

dot.
Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: Android phone for pageplus
Posted by: rgG
Date: August 25, 2011 10:16AM
If you haven't already, check out the Page Plus forum over at Howard Forums. They have a lot of info on what phones work well with Page Plus and sometimes post links of places to buy them. There have been several threads about Droids on PP recently.

[www.howardforums.com]

I bought my daughter an LG Optimus T Android, for use on T-Mobile prepaid, and it seems to work quite well. I think there is a CDMA (Verizon) version, but I am not sure.

Roswell, GA (Atlanta suburb)
Posted by: DP
Date: August 25, 2011 10:49AM
I switched to PP and I use a Droid Incredible. There wasn't even a hiccup in the switchover and I was able to port over my number.
Date: August 25, 2011 10:59AM
where did you purchase the Droid incredible at?

dot.
Date: August 25, 2011 11:07AM
thanks you two. i just did a search at amazon for "android verizon no contract" (not sure if i need the "no contract part"), and came up with this. do any of these look like a good deal? but functionality is most important.

[www.amazon.com]

dot.
Posted by: neophyte
Date: August 25, 2011 03:21PM
Don't buy a Droid Eris. I don't know if PagePlus has access to Verizon's 4G LTE network, so it might be a waste of money to buy a 4G phone. The Ally is a low end phone, the HTC Merge is better if you can find one, and the others will be fine.
Posted by: DP
Date: August 25, 2011 04:42PM
dotman
where did you purchase the Droid incredible at?

dot.

Off of my local craigslist.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 113
Record Number of Users: 186 on February 20, 2020
Record Number of Guests: 5122 on October 03, 2020