advertisement
Deals | News | Forums

The Forum is sponsored by 

AAPL stock: $111.78 ( -0.87 )

*Cached every 60 seconds. For live updating, Click Here

You are currently viewing the Tips and Deals forum
DARN IT! Paypal/USPS ship label/postage will not print (but instructions do print). What to do?
Posted by: Psurfer
Date: August 26, 2011 03:51PM
Any other tricks before I go to the post office to fill out int'l shipping/customs forms?This sucks.

Nothing showing in my downloads folder.

Through Paypal, on Safari (turned off pop-up blocker*) it will print the instructions, but not the sample label, or the actual label. The box that I assume would show the preview of the label stays blank except for a little page icon at the upper L w/a red "X".

* actually, I first tried to print before remembering to turn off the pop-up blkr, then quit Safari, opened it again & Then turned it off for the next attempt.

Previously tried w/FF (pop-up blkr off).

Back on the Paypal "Shipping Label Completed" pg, I hit the Reprint your Label link a number of times, as nothing ever happened, then finally it showed:
You have exceeded the maximum number of label reprints allowed. If you were unable to print this shipping label, you may void it and request a refund.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/26/2011 03:51PM by Psurfer.
Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: DARN IT! Paypal/USPS ship label/postage will not print (but instructions do print). What to do?
Posted by: Speedy
Date: August 26, 2011 05:32PM
Firefox?

Saint Cloud, Minnesota, where the weather is wonderful even when it isn't.
Re: DARN IT! Paypal/USPS ship label/postage will not print (but instructions do print). What to do?
Date: August 26, 2011 06:04PM
Sorry, abbreviated "FF" for Firefox, which I also had no luck with.

Ended up visiting the old B&m PO, which worked just fine w/a ball pt pen.
Posted by: Winston
Date: August 26, 2011 06:26PM
What about printing to a PDF, then printing the PDF?

But if Preview won't work maybe that won't work either.

Taking a screen shot would be my next try.

Good luck.

- Winston

------------------------
Be seeing you.
Date: August 26, 2011 07:09PM
No preview, no forms ever appeared to even take a screen shot of...

OSX 10.5.8, Safari 5.0.2, FF 3.6.8
Is it even remotely possible that some software update would change anything here?
Posted by: hal
Date: August 26, 2011 07:25PM
Next time, just void the shipment and do a new one. This happens sometimes - the image of the tag that is supposed to be generated got screwed up.
Posted by: Grateful11
Date: August 26, 2011 08:22PM
My wife has done a couple overseas first class int'l USPS postage labels through eBay which automatically
uses your Paypal account, she didn't have problems using Chrome. This service is fairly new.

Grateful11
Posted by: Black
Date: August 26, 2011 10:49PM
Psurfer
No preview, no forms ever appeared to even take a screen shot of...

OSX 10.5.8, Safari 5.0.2, FF 3.6.8
Is it even remotely possible that some software update would change anything here?

Sounds frustrating.
Firefox just doesn't work for this. I have 100% success with Safari. I believe I did in 10.5.8 as well.
Probably would have tried Chrome.

MR/F Guestmap: [www.mapservices.org]
Posted by: olnacl
Date: August 27, 2011 12:45PM
I had a problem with the USPS label printing last night and, I'll grant you, I've done some cleaning on my computers, so maybe I trashed an app (Adobe Reader) that was needed, but I had the same problem. After 3 failed attempts I installed Adobe Reader on the Parallels side and printed the label from WindBlows. It used to print just fine from Safari though - nutting' to ship right now, but I reinstalled Reader and we'll see if that fixes it for the Mac next time. The P.O. does use at least some Adobe brand code in their software.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 81
Record Number of Users: 52 on November 20, 2014
Record Number of Guests: 322 on December 17, 2014