The Forum is sponsored by 

AAPL stock: Click Here

You are currently viewing the Tips and Deals forum
Re: Steve RIP
Posted by: miK.
Date: October 05, 2011 07:47PM
Stay hungry, stay foolish.

Rest in Peace, Steve.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/05/2011 07:48PM by miK..
Options:  Reply • Quote
Posted by: iaJim
Date: October 05, 2011 07:54PM
CJsNvrUrly
Here's to the crazy ones...RIP, Mr. Jobs. cry smiley

+1
Posted by: Microman
Date: October 05, 2011 07:54PM
I am so sad....

Didn't want to come here...

But nice to know, we all feel the same.

Such a loss, so young.

Sad..... sad.... I wanna cry...
Posted by: Grateful11
Date: October 05, 2011 07:56PM
blooz
PeterB
In fact we are, more or less, all here talking with each other right this minute because of him.

You folks are all great, and we've been through a lot together. I'm happy to be a part of this forum and I owe it to Steve Jobs. It's meant a lot to me.

You got that right. You folks have helped me through a lot and now
we can help each other through this. I like what was said earlier, it's
too bad we don't live closer together.
Posted by: Go To Top
Date: October 05, 2011 07:58PM
Around the world mourners are gathering at Apple Stores.

A man who is of "sound mind" is one who keeps the inner madman under lock and key.
(Paul Valery)
Posted by: tuqqer
Date: October 05, 2011 07:58PM
Without a doubt, and with no exaggeration, Steve Jobs altered the arc of my life.

Many thanks, Steve.

Mac Pro 2013 3.7GHz Quad-Core, 32G RAM Catalina 10.15.x Dual 25" Acer 1440p LCDs11" i5 MacBook Air
Posted by: SteveO
Date: October 05, 2011 08:00PM
Thank you, Steve. It will never be enough, but thank you.
Posted by: Kate
Date: October 05, 2011 08:02PM
I really don't know what to say except how very sad this makes me.

Kate
Posted by: Racer X
Date: October 05, 2011 08:03PM
Jeebus.

That is the suckiest thing in a very long time.

Wait, he dies, and the stock goes up? The market is the strangest thing on the planet.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/05/2011 08:04PM by Racer X.
Posted by: Seacrest
Date: October 05, 2011 08:04PM
Thanks, Steve.
You will surely be missed.
Posted by: dohc76
Date: October 05, 2011 08:04PM
Steve you inspired us
You will be missed
Posted by: Todd's keyboard
Date: October 05, 2011 08:06PM
Am grateful I was around to share some time on this planet with Mr. Jobs. He made a positive difference.

Todd's damp keyboard
Posted by: Rolando
Date: October 05, 2011 08:08PM
I just played "Here's to the crazy ones" to my son, right before I got here. He was 2 when it came out.

Those words should be on his grave.

San Antonio, TX (in the old city)

"All that is required for evil to prevail is for good men to do nothing." - Edmund Burke
“Neutrality helps the oppressor, never the victim. Silence encourages the tormentor, never the tormented." - Eli Weisel

"To announce that there must be no criticism of the President, or that we are to stand by the President, right or wrong, is not only unpatriotic and servile, but is morally treasonable to the American public." - Theodore Roosevelt (1918)

"I don’t want to see religious bigotry in any form. It would disturb me if there was a wedding between the religious fundamentalists and the political right. The hard right has no interest in religion except to manipulate it." - Billy Graham 1981

"Politics and governing demand compromise. But these Christians believe they are acting in the name of God, so they can't and won't compromise" - Barry Goldwater
Posted by: Ammo
Date: October 05, 2011 08:09PM
tuqqer
Without a doubt, and with no exaggeration, Steve Jobs altered the arc of my life.

Many thanks, Steve.

Ditto for me. I sit here right now in my easy chair, using my iPad to effortlessly communicate with people across the country and the world. All largely because of Steve.
Posted by: Zoidberg
Date: October 05, 2011 08:10PM
Thanks for everything, Steve.

Posted by: rob banzai
Date: October 05, 2011 08:14PM
I wouldn't have wanted to work for him, and he did not seem like a nice person but he was unique, he was brilliant and Apple would not have had this success without him. A remarkable individual.

I'll see you again... when we are both like golden clouds on the wind.
Re: RIP Steve Jobs
Posted by: mrbigstuff
Date: October 05, 2011 08:14PM
(vikm)
Wailer
I didn't think it would make me so sad.

Same here.

Same here, too. :-<<<

I'm not a sycophant but Jobs was really a visionary and an incredibly perceptive human.
Posted by: Drew
Date: October 05, 2011 08:15PM
I'm deeply moved. For a man I don't know, have never met, and don't really know much about, he has inspired me. I tune out today's pop culture and idol worship, I could care less. But, Steve Jobs was different. I can't put it fully into words. I suspect that our politics, beliefs, and some other fundamentals would differ, but he has still made a big difference in my life. I will miss him.
Posted by: Wags
Date: October 05, 2011 08:15PM
I see myself as a huge fiery comet, a shooting star.
Everyone stops, points up and gasps "Oh look at that!"
Then - whoosh, I'm gone... and they'll never see anything like it ever again...
and they won't be able to forget me - ever.

Jim Morrison

leader....
Posted by: Jerry®
Date: October 05, 2011 08:16PM
Thank you Steve. Because of you I will always Think Different.

Such a sad day.

RIP

sad smiley

Posted by: stephen
Date: October 05, 2011 08:17PM
So grateful to be a part of this group and this generation. Thank you Steve, for everything. You will be missed. I've been in tears a good bit of the evening.
Date: October 05, 2011 08:18PM
trisho.
I don't normally drink the Kool-Aid even though I have a Mac, but this is like Henry Ford dying.

^ yes
Posted by: Blankity Blank
Date: October 05, 2011 08:20PM
I'm not feeling sad really. I empathize with the grief of his family and wish them well. But Jobs has moved past whatever suffering he was coping with.

Thank you for bringing a little insanity laced with the magic of vision and imagination to the world. For wanting to make the world a better place and using your unique talents to make it happen in the way you knew best.

RIP, Steve Jobs.
Posted by: olnacl
Date: October 05, 2011 08:20PM
Nice piece on Jobs.
(Sorry if it's already been posted.)
We are going to miss you, Mr. Jobs. Rest in peace.
Posted by: Carnos Jax
Date: October 05, 2011 08:21PM
Drew
I'm deeply moved. For a man I don't know, have never met, and don't really know much about, he has inspired me. I tune out today's pop culture and idol worship, I could care less. But, Steve Jobs was different. I can't put it fully into words. I suspect that our politics, beliefs, and some other fundamentals would differ, but he has still made a big difference in my life. I will miss him.

Posted by: Bimwad
Date: October 05, 2011 08:21PM
He not only looked out for the "for the rest of us," but he was truly one of us.

Posted by: laarree
Date: October 05, 2011 08:24PM
Steve, I didn't know you, but I'll miss you, and I'll never forget you and how drastically you affected the way I work and live. You were extraordinary, and have earned a permanent place in my inner hall of memories.

.................................................................................................
*We are just a quarantined people under an evil sun.*
--- Richard S. Shaver
Posted by: graylocks
Date: October 05, 2011 08:26PM
A statement from President Obama:

Michelle and I are saddened to learn of the passing of Steve Jobs. Steve was among the greatest of American innovators - brave enough to think differently, bold enough to believe he could change the world, and talented enough to do it.

By building one of the planet’s most successful companies from his garage, he exemplified the spirit of American ingenuity. By making computers personal and putting the internet in our pockets, he made the information revolution not only accessible, but intuitive and fun. And by turning his talents to storytelling, he has brought joy to millions of children and grownups alike. Steve was fond of saying that he lived every day like it was his last. Because he did, he transformed our lives, redefined entire industries, and achieved one of the rarest feats in human history: he changed the way each of us sees the world.

The world has lost a visionary. And there may be no greater tribute to Steve’s success than the fact that much of the world learned of his passing on a device he invented. Michelle and I send our thoughts and prayers to Steve’s wife Laurene, his family, and all those who loved him.

"Success isn't about how much money you make. It is about the difference you make in people's lives."--Michelle Obama
Posted by: DewGuy
Date: October 05, 2011 08:26PM
Now that it has sunk in...
I first read about his passing here on MacResource with my Mac friends. Beneath my hands my early-2011 MacBook Pro, behind it my 2003 iMac G4 and to the right my 1998 Rev. B Bondi Blue iMac, and behind me my 1993 Performa 600 CD (my first Mac). All products of Apple and nearly all during Steve's second coming. I've never met him, only seen his keynotes on TV or the internet, but I feel like I've lost an old acquaintance. I feel sorrow and loss. He changed our worlds and our lives. Gone but not forgotten. Steve here's to you...Leader!
Date: October 05, 2011 08:27PM
I was afraid that that photo was real.
Posted by: wave rider
Date: October 05, 2011 08:28PM
I can only echo others' surprise at being so strongly effected by the news of Steve's passing.

Was outside with the cat, heard the news on NPR over a gifted-to-me older iPod with FM adapter. Less than a minute later, the rain came down so hard that it drove us both running indoors. The rain obscured the wet spots tears had made on my shirt...

RIP Steve Jobs...

=wr=
Posted by: beagledave
Date: October 05, 2011 08:32PM
Posted by: MysteryGuest
Date: October 05, 2011 08:36PM
Thank you, Steve.
Posted by: StingMe
Date: October 05, 2011 08:40PM
You will be missed...
Posted by: Bernie
Date: October 05, 2011 08:41PM
beagledave

I came here first to read of his passing. My Brother texted my on my iPhone as I am at work. I too will shead a tear for a person I have never met.

Semper Fi

Staunton, Virginia
Posted by: Tofer
Date: October 05, 2011 08:44PM
Leader.
Posted by: ItsMeAlison
Date: October 05, 2011 08:48PM
Leader.

In trying to find the right thing to say, I find myself saying again and again 'thank you for everything'.
Posted by: bhaveshp
Date: October 05, 2011 08:51PM
Standing here at 1 Infinite Loop. My son just put a bouquet of flowers on a bench acting as a makeshift memorial here. Bunch of news vans and reporters here along with employees and public. One just interviewed my son as well.

Heavy heart.

RIP Steve
Posted by: JoeM
Date: October 05, 2011 08:55PM
A short life but one full of magnificent accomplishments. How many can say they actually changed a part of our lives and the way we live?

RIP.

JoeM
Posted by: pinkoos
Date: October 05, 2011 08:57PM
I rather like this picture of him. Humanizes him and brings him back down to Earth. From SFGate.com.

Posted by: space-time
Date: October 05, 2011 08:58PM
Tears in my eyes. RIP Steve
Date: October 05, 2011 09:00PM
check out the video interview with Gates.

watch it all the way through to the end, where there is a very sweet moment and I think Jobs chokes up a little bit.

[www.washingtonpost.com]
"Here's to our crazy one..."
Posted by: RAMd®d
Date: October 05, 2011 09:01PM
I liked this- poignant but not cloying:

[www.youtube.com]

When a good man is hurt,
all who would be called good
must suffer with him.

You and I have memories longer than the road that stretches out ahead.

There is no safety for honest men except
by believing all possible evil of evil men.

We don’t do focus groups. They just ensure that you don’t offend anyone, and produce bland inoffensive products. —Sir Jonathan Ive

Perfection is the enemy of progress. -Winston Churchill

-An armed society is a polite society.
And hope is a lousy defense.

You make me pull, I'll put you down.

Mister, that's a ten-gallon hat on a twenty-gallon head.

I *love* SIGs. It's Glocks I hate.
Posted by: maco
Date: October 05, 2011 09:08PM
This is a fun video

[www.youtube.com]
Re: "Here's to our crazy one..."
Posted by: decay
Date: October 05, 2011 09:09PM
RAMd®d
I liked this- poignant but not cloying:

[www.youtube.com]

+1

---
Posted by: polychrome
Date: October 05, 2011 09:13PM
I am sadder than I thought I would be. Steve's vision has inspired me more than anyone else. He is forever the leader. Rest in peace, Steve.
Posted by: robfilms
Date: October 05, 2011 09:13PM
graylocks
A statement from President Obama:

Michelle and I are saddened to learn of the passing of Steve Jobs. Steve was among the greatest of American innovators - brave enough to think differently, bold enough to believe he could change the world, and talented enough to do it.

By building one of the planet’s most successful companies from his garage, he exemplified the spirit of American ingenuity. By making computers personal and putting the internet in our pockets, he made the information revolution not only accessible, but intuitive and fun. And by turning his talents to storytelling, he has brought joy to millions of children and grownups alike. Steve was fond of saying that he lived every day like it was his last. Because he did, he transformed our lives, redefined entire industries, and achieved one of the rarest feats in human history: he changed the way each of us sees the world.

The world has lost a visionary. And there may be no greater tribute to Steve’s success than the fact that much of the world learned of his passing on a device he invented. Michelle and I send our thoughts and prayers to Steve’s wife Laurene, his family, and all those who loved him.

nicely said, mr. president.

"the world has lost a visionary".

be well

rob
Posted by: Harbourmaster
Date: October 05, 2011 09:16PM
“Your time is limited, so don't waste it living someone else's life. Don't be trapped by dogma - which is living with the results of other people's thinking. Don't let the noise of other's opinions drown out your own inner voice. And most important, have the courage to follow your heart and intuition. They somehow already know what you truly want to become. Everything else is secondary.” SJ

Aloha, Ken

“I have developed significant attachments to several members even though I wouldn't recognize them if I sat next to one on a park bench. I'm often tempted when in an airport to walk around, hollering "The Løpe", to see if anyone other than the Homeland Security people will acknowledge me. ” - The Løpe
Posted by: MacArtist
Date: October 05, 2011 09:19PM
I was truly having a terrible day today before I heard this news.

Steve...

No more pain and suffering. Only peace.

It makes me very sad to think of the pain his family is going through.

He will be greatly missed.

Posted by: Mike Johnson
Date: October 05, 2011 09:20PM
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 249
Record Number of Users: 186 on February 20, 2020
Record Number of Guests: 2330 on October 25, 2018