advertisement
Forums

The Forum is sponsored by 

AAPL stock: Click Here

You are currently viewing the Tips and Deals forum
2003 toyota sienna cabin filter
Posted by: pbarra1
Date: October 08, 2011 10:23PM
where is it and how do I change it? Thanks.
Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: 2003 toyota sienna cabin filter
Posted by: Racer X
Date: October 08, 2011 10:29PM
your manual should tell you. you have a manual right?
Posted by: GGD
Date: October 08, 2011 10:30PM
This video doesn't say what year Sienna, but the location behind the glove box seems to be pretty typical on Toyotas. It's pretty easy to take a look and see on your.

[www.youtube.com]
Posted by: MartyStickle
Date: October 08, 2011 11:12PM
I had a whole colony of mice living in my Toyota Tacoma. Hated to evict them...not!
Posted by: testcase
Date: October 08, 2011 11:35PM
I have an '04 Sienna. I know its a major redesign but, mine is behind the glove box. I bet your's is in that location too. Those are HEPA filters. The MSRP for an OEM cabin filter is almost $30. You might find a NAPA or other after market replacement closer to $20.

Easy to access. Open the glove box. Gently flex the glove box side walls in towards the center and, simultaneously ease the glove box open further. The cabin filter will then be visible. It's tray slides straight out.

Wow! Quick Google search. Generic more expensive than I thought:

[www.autopartswarehouse.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/08/2011 11:38PM by testcase.
Posted by: Racer X
Date: October 09, 2011 12:51AM
Rock Auto parts online 14-16 bucks, with a $5 rebate. There are 2 different sizes.
Date: October 09, 2011 04:39AM
Glovebox completely different than the 2nd generation 2004. That is the problem.
Posted by: space-time
Date: October 09, 2011 06:29AM
do you have a owner's manual or not? did you read it?
Posted by: macphanatic
Date: October 09, 2011 07:18AM
When I got a Purolator replacement cabin filter for my Pilot, it came with directions on how to replace it. Might want to start there.
Date: October 09, 2011 08:28AM
Folks. Not in manual that I can find. Directions that came with filter do not reveal location. It may be behind glovebox but glovebox is different than 2nd generation. There is no access panel in box. The sides do not squeeze in etc. Anyone know the location of cabin air filter in 2003 Toyota sienna and how to access?
Date: October 09, 2011 08:50AM
pbarra1
Folks. Not in manual that I can find. ...

then it seems the car does not have one. if it does, should be mentioned in the manual
Date: October 09, 2011 08:57AM
[wiki.answers.com]

Q: Is there a cabin air filter in 2003 Toyota Sienna?

A: I'm not positive, but in both my 2003 4runner and 2008 Tundra it's located behind the lower glove box. It's the same procedure on both. Open the box remove the clip/rod on the right side of the box. Squeeze in on the sides of the box to bypass the stop tabs. Remove the glove box. Behind it you will find a long narrow trap door with clips on each end. Release them and pull out the cabin air filter.

That's it. Your may be different. I found instructions in the box with a new cabin filter that I bought at a local auto store. $28.
Date: October 09, 2011 08:59AM
further info

[wiki.answers.com]

I have a 2003 Sienna and took the dash apart yesterday and I can report without a dought that my van does NOT have a cabin air filter. I also took the outside outside cowl apart, no filter. The door at the entrance to the air box is covered with a foam type material. The foam has deteriorated over the years, but I did not replace it.

Read more: [wiki.answers.com]
Date: October 09, 2011 10:47AM
Amazon garage indicates that the filter I bought fits the car. Of course it could be wrong. Some sites indicate the 2003 was first model year that had one. Seems like some conflicting info. I feel that the info space-time posted is pretty definitive.
Posted by: billb
Date: October 09, 2011 11:17AM
some of the early cabin air filters are in awful places
they were an engineering after thought put where ever it was structurally possible just to be able to claim the vehicle has one.
One of my nieces husbands was 5itching about having to take a dashboard apart and these stupid plastic clips that break when you do it. He was doing his himself because he wasn't paying the crazy money the dealer wanted .

The Phorum Wall keeps us safe from illegal characters and words
The doorstep to the temple of wisdom is the knowledge of one's own ignorance. -Benjamin Franklin
BOYCOTT YOPLAIT [www.noyoplait.com]
[soundcloud.com]
Posted by: Buzz
Date: October 09, 2011 04:30PM
pbarra1
Amazon garage indicates that the filter I bought fits the car. Of course it could be wrong. Some sites indicate the 2003 was first model year that had one. Seems like some conflicting info. I feel that the info space-time posted is pretty definitive.

I would guess that since the 2004 was let out of the bag earlier in 2003 than for a non-model-change annual rebadging (summer instead of fall... ) , that there could be some confusion that trickled into print.

///

Sometimes it is what it is...
and then there's times when it's really better.

==
Posted by: DewGuy
Date: October 09, 2011 10:53PM
According to this chart (pdf) from Toyota Owners - Cabin Air Filters, it doesn't have one.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/09/2011 10:54PM by DewGuy.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 128
Record Number of Users: 186 on February 20, 2020
Record Number of Guests: 2330 on October 25, 2018