Deals | News | Forums

The Forum is sponsored by 

AAPL stock: $524.75 ( -6.95 )

*Cached every 60 seconds. For live updating, Click Here

You are currently viewing the Tips and Deals forum
PG&E Online Bill Payment is broken
Posted by: freeradical
Date: November 18, 2011 12:44PM
They will allow you to pay your bill via a telephone service, or an iPhone app for a small additional fee of $1.45.
Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: PG&E Online Bill Payment is broken
Date: November 18, 2011 01:04PM
What a lovely payment system. Even if I wanted to do this, I couldn't because this telephone method is unable to find my record, and therefore the amount of money I owe. angry villagers smiley
Posted by: weapon
Date: November 18, 2011 01:09PM
use your automatic bill pay through your bank. It is like a virtual check.

I personally never use the individual institutions billpay option, they never are allowed access/withdrawl to/from my bank account and everything has worked out fine so far.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/18/2011 01:10PM by weapon.
Posted by: hal
Date: November 18, 2011 01:10PM
sure you can - talk to a person and they'll make it work
Posted by: cbelt3
Date: November 18, 2011 01:25PM
I take it they let "Wally" from Dilbert do their web app design ?

(since Scott Adams used to work at PG&E)
Date: November 18, 2011 02:00PM
cbelt3

Do you mean PacBell/AT&T?

in tha 510.
Posted by: GGD
Date: November 18, 2011 02:08PM
Filliam H. Muffman
cbelt3

Do you mean PacBell/AT&T?

Yes, it was Pacific Bell (I think it was in the ISDN group), not Pacific Gas & Electric.

I find it funny that PG&E seems to have recently started a TV ad campaign about how you can monitor and analyze your energy usage online through their website, which is now "unavailable" when you try to login.

I did notice a day or two before this outage that they seemed to totally change the account website, especially the energy usage portion and made less information available than before, and changed the formats of the downloadable usage data. And then then next time I tried, they were having system problems. Maybe they're trying to back out and change back to the old system.
Posted by: vision63
Date: November 19, 2011 12:46AM
Just walk into the PG&E office and pay that bad boy with some dollar bills. That's what I do. But then I walk past it all the time.
Posted by: gabester
Date: November 19, 2011 08:45AM
GGD
And then then next time I tried, they were having system problems. Maybe they're trying to back out and change back to the old system.

In enterprise IT it is truly rare for this to happen because of how much political face is lost if such an tremendous miscalculation occurs - both internal to teams within the organization and externally for the organization as a whole with the public. Unless the mistake is so truly colossal that it outweighs these costs (i.e. it has a clear material cost that clearly exceeds these immaterial losses) the public at large will invariably be stuck with a more poorly implemented and less effective system than before.
g=
Date: November 19, 2011 10:58AM
gabester
GGD
And then then next time I tried, they were having system problems. Maybe they're trying to back out and change back to the old system.

In enterprise IT it is truly rare for this to happen because of how much political face is lost if such an tremendous miscalculation occurs - both internal to teams within the organization and externally for the organization as a whole with the public. Unless the mistake is so truly colossal that it outweighs these costs (i.e. it has a clear material cost that clearly exceeds these immaterial losses) the public at large will invariably be stuck with a more poorly implemented and less effective system than before.
g=

We're talking PG&E here, colossal mistake is their middle name.
Date: November 19, 2011 11:09AM
What's wrong with sharing a little gas among friends? I do it all the time! devil smiley
Date: November 19, 2011 11:21AM
freeradical
What's wrong with sharing a little gas among friends? I do it all the time! devil smiley

We're gonna have to get your pipes inspected.
Posted by: GGD
Date: November 19, 2011 11:58AM
vision63
freeradical

I understand PG&E does that by running high pressure water through them. Should be fun to watch.
Date: November 19, 2011 12:03PM
GGD
vision63
freeradical

I understand PG&E does that by running high pressure water through them. Should be fun to watch.

We'll hold him down. We'll find that leak.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login