advertisement
Forums

The Forum is sponsored by 

AAPL stock: Click Here

You are currently viewing the Tips and Deals forum
Tire Pump - Suggestions?
Posted by: neophyte
Date: November 22, 2011 10:12AM
So my cheap-o $15 air pump failed, and of course just when I really needed it. Anyone have a suggestion for a good one, powered by the lighter outlet, that can pump up a tire in a couple of minutes (rather than 15 minutes, running hot as hell, which probably killed the seals on my current one)?
Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: Tire Pump - Suggestions?
Posted by: freeradical
Date: November 22, 2011 11:31AM
Use the pump at the gas station?
Posted by: mikebw
Date: November 22, 2011 11:33AM
I picked up a Goodyear branded air pump 2 years ago and it has been very useful to me, [www.amazon.com]

Although it was a lightning deal at the time so $15 off the current price.

It comes in a nice bag and seems pretty high quality. I have used it dozens of times to inflate my temperamental tires and it seems as good as new every time.

Only complaint is the pressure readout on the dial seems to be about 5 pounds lower than what my other gauges read, but maybe those are the wrong ones?
Posted by: Buzz
Date: November 22, 2011 12:43PM
Unless it's a super-duper, one time deal, you really have to spend around $40, or more, to get something decent... seems like all $15-20 units are all pretty crappy by design. If you look at it and wonder if it's gonna work, it probably won't. If it's well made, and you look at it and think "gosh, that looks pretty sturdy," your chances increase exponentially.

///

Sometimes it is what it is...
and then there's times when it's really better.

==
Posted by: cbelt3
Date: November 22, 2011 01:26PM
I find that they are generally throwaway 'emergency' units. I pick up a new 'emergency kit' bag for each car when we purchase it. And might add a tool or two (generic Chinese leatherman type thing, screwdriver, crescent wrench, duct tape roll, etc..)
Posted by: tenders
Date: November 22, 2011 05:17PM
That $50 inflator of mikebw's looks a lot better than two $25 inflators and is definitely more durable than five $10 inflators.

May I also put in a plug for a 110V small shop compressor, if you have the space for one. They run about $100-150, are very fast for inflating, and can be connected to relatively inexpensive pneumatic tools like impact drivers, dust blowers, and (for larger compressors) paint shakers.
Posted by: wurm
Date: November 22, 2011 08:36PM
I'm still happy with this one I got a couple of years ago.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 246
Record Number of Users: 186 on February 20, 2020
Record Number of Guests: 5122 on October 03, 2020