advertisement
Forums

The Forum is sponsored by 

AAPL stock: Click Here

You are currently viewing the Tips and Deals forum
itunes multiple speakers stops playing
Posted by: lazydays
Date: January 13, 2012 01:30PM
When I play music on my iMac I choose multiple speakers and select various "speakers" in my house including three appletv's and two airport express units. The music plays for a few songs and then the music stops. Looking at the appletv screen I still see the album artwork and I still see the second counter moving as though the song were still playing. In fact it will go to the next song in the same manner but still to audible sound.

I've looked through the apple support forums and there are various theories but no answers. Some thinks it's only high bit rate songs but all of mine are 320 so that's not it. Some think it is wireless interference but two of my appletv's are wired while the rest are wireless and they all behave in the same exact way.

My airport extreme is brand new and has the latest firmware as do my airport express units.

Any thoughts on why this could be happening?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/13/2012 01:31PM by lazydays.
Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: itunes multiple speakers stops playing
Posted by: mikebw
Date: January 13, 2012 02:02PM
320kbps is actually a very high bitrate for compressed audio. Are these mp3 or AAC?

Having 2 wired ATV's is great, but the other 3 are all fighting for bandwidth; not only between themselves but with anyone else in your immediate vicinity. Can you test using only the wired ones to see if that helps?

Assume the ATV's also have the latest firmware update?
Posted by: deckeda
Date: January 13, 2012 02:30PM
Compressed audio streams are tiny and don't take much bandwidth, just the files they originate from don't consume much HD space. But I do agree that experimenting with fewer or wired-only units would be a good place to start troubleshooting.
Posted by: Article Accelerator
Date: January 13, 2012 05:23PM
It's either a problem with the host computer or with your LAN configuration.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 202
Record Number of Users: 186 on February 20, 2020
Record Number of Guests: 5122 on October 03, 2020