advertisement
Forums

The Forum is sponsored by 

AAPL stock: Click Here

You are currently viewing the Tips and Deals forum
80% Off Adobe Student and Teacher Edition - CS 5.5 suites
Posted by: evilrobot
Date: February 22, 2012 10:49AM
CS6 will be coming out soon, but many of us won't jump on that boat for another few years. This is a very good savings for those that are eligible. Also, aside from the load screen that says "Educational", there's no difference in the software. -

Adobe has 80% Off Student and Teacher Edition Products (download) with code SAVE80EDU to those who are a student or teacher of an Accredited Educational Institution. Choose digital download for free shipping, or to have DVD shipped for $5.95.

I take a course from time to time at a local JC and that has been good enough for their requirements. Even having a child in school fulfills the requirement. Hell, "borrow" a neighbors kids report card.

Acrobat X Pro Student and Teacher Edition $23.80
Creative Suite 5.5 Design Standard Student and Teacher Edition $59.80
Creative Suite 5.5 Design Premium Student and Teacher Edition $89.80
Creative Suite 5.5 Production Premium Student and Teacher Edition$89.80
Creative Suite 5.5 Web Premium Student and Teacher Edition $89.80
Creative Suite 5.5 Master Collection Student and Teacher Edition $179.80

----

Definition of Qualified Purchasers in the Student/Teacher Store:

University and college students - students enrolled at a higher education institution defined as an accredited public or private university or college (including community, junior, or vocational college) that grants degrees requiring not less than the equivalent of two years of full-time study.
Primary and secondary school students - students enrolled at an accredited public or private primary or secondary school providing full-time instruction.
Faculty and staff - teachers and staff employed by an accredited primary or secondary school or public or higher education institution defined as an accredited public or private university or college (including community, junior, or vocational college) that grants degrees requiring not less than the equivalent of two years of full-time study.
You will need to provide a valid copy of academic identification in order to purchase from the Adobe Student/Teacher Store. Identification can be sent online or by email. You will receive your products only after your identification is validated.
Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: 80% Off Adobe Student and Teacher Edition - CS 5.5 suites
Posted by: Surfrider
Date: February 22, 2012 10:57AM
What's the difference between all the versions of Design Suite?
Posted by: rgG
Date: February 22, 2012 11:03AM
Here is the link

[store1.adobe.com];

Roswell, GA (Atlanta suburb)
Posted by: mikebw
Date: February 22, 2012 11:16AM
Wow! Master Collection for $180. That is an insane deal.
Posted by: Paul F.
Date: February 22, 2012 11:18AM
Unless they've changed it, the "student and teacher" edition EXPIRES after a year...

But I'm opening the link to check.. that's a HECK of a great deal!

Paul F.
-----
A sword never kills anybody; it is a tool in the killer's hand. - Lucius Annaeus Seneca c. 5 BC - 65 AD
----
Good is the enemy of Excellent. Talent is not necessary for Excellence.
Persistence is necessary for Excellence. And Persistence is a Decision.

--

--

--
Eureka, CA
Date: February 22, 2012 11:21AM
Paul F.
Unless they've changed it, the "student and teacher" edition EXPIRES after a year...

But I'm opening the link to check.. that's a HECK of a great deal!

Is there any sort of time restriction, time limit, or time out – do Adobe Student Editions expire? Or are they unusable for commercial purposes?

The answer to all of these questions is fortunately no - all Education products are identical in features and functionality in every respect to the current standard versions – the only differ­ences are the prices and some of the licensing terms
Date: February 22, 2012 11:25AM
OK.. I'm not seeing anything about expiring now... So I was either mistaken, or they DID change that. Or the print is so fine I can't find it.

I'm thinking seriously of upgrading my CS4 to 5.5!

Paul F.
-----
A sword never kills anybody; it is a tool in the killer's hand. - Lucius Annaeus Seneca c. 5 BC - 65 AD
----

--

--

--
Eureka, CA
Date: February 22, 2012 11:29AM
I bought the student edition for my daughter over a year ago through her University. There is not an expiration, but I don't think you can upgrade the Student editions like you can the regular ones.

Posted by: jdc
Date: February 22, 2012 11:46AM
rgG
I bought the student edition for my daughter over a year ago through her University. There is not an expiration, but I don't think you can upgrade the Student editions like you can the regular ones.

^^^ that might be what you were thinking about Paul

I own several copies of CS3 Design Standard -- to upgrade to 5.5 Design Standard is $700 -- $1000 if I want Dreamweaver and Flash. Wild.

In the olden days when I ran my own small studio and money was fine -- upping my 4 copies every year was just a budget thing. But as a single designer $1000 is big bucks...

and i bet this signals CS6 is out soon?

----

Edited 999 time(s). Last edit at 12:08PM by jdc.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/22/2012 11:54AM by jdc.
Posted by: clay
Date: February 22, 2012 11:52AM
I'm a student at the school of hard knocks. Does that qualify me?
Posted by: GuyGene
Date: February 22, 2012 11:56AM
Thanks, robot (hmmm, I'll avoid the "evil" prefix...)!

Does anyone know if this can be used on more than one Mac? I want to get it, but can't find that information on the site...

I think I found the answer: it can be installed on two Macs, but only used on one at a time; that's the way I understand it.

That old man - he don't think like no old man...
Now I wouldn't want to be within 400 - 500 yards of one of them nuclear bombs when it goes off! WW1 Vet Old Man
"He's pinned under an outcropping of rock. Lucky for him, the rock kept the dirt from burying him alive."
If idiots could fly, this place would be an airport. And I'd be a TSA agent.
A bonified member of The Mystic Knights of The Sea, George P. Stevens, President. Andy Brown, Treasurer, Algonquin J. Calhoun, Legal Consultant.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/22/2012 12:00PM by GuyGene.
Posted by: bazookaman
Date: February 22, 2012 12:00PM
GuyGene
Does anyone know if this can be used on more than one Mac? I want to get it, but can't find that information on the site...

Same as the regular I think. Two. One laptop and one desktop.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/22/2012 12:00PM by bazookaman.
Date: February 22, 2012 12:02PM
bazookaman
GuyGene

Thanks, bazook; we only use laptops... so, now I have to find out if we can install it on two MacBooks.

Now I wouldn't want to be within 400 - 500 yards of one of them nuclear bombs when it goes off! WW1 Vet Old Man
"He's pinned under an outcropping of rock. Lucky for him, the rock kept the dirt from burying him alive."
A bonified member of The Mystic Knights of The Sea, George P. Stevens, President. Andy Brown, Treasurer, Algonquin J. Calhoun, Legal Consultant.
Date: February 22, 2012 12:04PM
GuyGene
bazookaman
GuyGene

Thanks, bazook; we only use laptops... so, now I have to find out if we can install it on two MacBooks.

sure, 2 macbooks are fine. but you *might* not be able to use them both at the same time on the same network. I cant remember how the activation works for that.

----

Posted by: bazookaman
Date: February 22, 2012 12:05PM
GuyGene
bazookaman
GuyGene

Well the assumption is one laptop and one desktop. But it's basically to say that you do not use the 2 machines at the same time. So they assume a laptop and desktop. Personally I've always installed the creative suite on 2 desktops. 1 at work and 1 at home. I use them both, just not at the same time.

Posted by: mstudio
Date: February 22, 2012 12:05PM
GuyGene
bazookaman
GuyGene

You can put it on two laptops or two desktops for that matter. I think the idea is that one person might have two computers that they would like to use it on. They don't want them being run at the same time.
Posted by: testcase
Date: February 22, 2012 12:08PM
clay
I'm a student at the school of hard knocks. Does that qualify me?

Grad student there myself........banghead smiley
Posted by: TLB
Date: February 22, 2012 12:10PM
I don't think I'd ever use everything in the Master Collection but the price discount is tempting. I intend to stick with Design Premium, but is there any reason for a casual user to pick up the big guy?
Posted by: freeradical
Date: February 22, 2012 12:11PM
I'm not seeing those prices anywhere. What's the correct link?
Date: February 22, 2012 12:13PM
I don't know, TLB, but for the price, I don't see how you can go wrong.

And, I think I learned that is two of any kind of Mac, and right, just not at the same time. No problem for the way we work.

Date: February 22, 2012 12:13PM
freeradical
I'm not seeing those prices anywhere. What's the correct link?

Free, you have to checkout, then enter the code robot gave us. It works.

SAVE80EDU

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/22/2012 12:14PM by GuyGene.
Date: February 22, 2012 12:24PM
prices now showing -- wonder how long the deal will last... my brother, a schoolteacher, wont be home until 7 PM PST...

----

Posted by: JoeM
Date: February 22, 2012 12:27PM
>>You will need to provide a valid copy of academic identification in order to purchase from the Adobe Student/Teacher Store. Identification can be sent online or by email. You will receive your products only after your identification is validated.

Ur, jes sayin'... Photoshop is yer friend...

JoeM
Date: February 22, 2012 12:27PM
jdc
prices now showing -- wonder how long the deal will last... my brother, a schoolteacher, wont be home until 7 PM PST...

Terms and Conditions [adobe.com]
Offer valid from 12am (PST) on February 19, 2012, until 11:59pm (PST) on March 2, 2012
Posted by: Joseph C.
Date: February 22, 2012 12:54PM
Thanks!
Posted by: rz
Date: February 22, 2012 01:36PM
guess I'm not creative enough. The only thing they offer that I might ever use is the Acrobat Pro. And I think I got a version of that several years ago with a scanner that I only used once.
Posted by: Ombligo
Date: February 22, 2012 01:39PM
THANKS.

I was planning to buy Photoshop CS6 when it came out for $200 with my educators discount, but CS5 for $40 is just fine.

“No persons are more frequently wrong, than those who will not admit they are wrong.”
-- François de La Rochefoucauld

"WE CALL BS!" -- Emma Gonzalez
Date: February 22, 2012 01:57PM
Heck, only part of it I need is InDesign... with occasional forays with Acrobat Pro...
But for $179 for the Master Collection of freakin' everything?
Yeah... it's got me thinking!

Paul F.
-----
----

--

--

--
Eureka, CA
Posted by: Ammo
Date: February 22, 2012 02:12PM
Ombligo
THANKS.

I was planning to buy Photoshop CS6 when it came out for $200 with my educators discount, but CS5 for $40 is just fine.

Yes, but for only $20 more, you get a LOT more: Illustrator, InDesign, Acrobat Pro.

I ASSUME that CS5 will run under Lion and the next few upgrades?

Inside every old person is a young person saying "what happened?"

“Love is the motive, but justice is the instrument.” - Reinhold Niebuhr

“The further a society drifts from the truth, the more it will hate those who speak it.” George Orwell

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/22/2012 02:14PM by Ammo.
Posted by: Ammo
Date: February 22, 2012 03:03PM
Thanks for the heads up, Evil. I ordered the Suite Standard edition for students and teachers, $70 shipped. I paid almost as much this fall for Photoshop Elements, which I absolutely hate.

Inside every old person is a young person saying "what happened?"

“Love is the motive, but justice is the instrument.” - Reinhold Niebuhr

“The further a society drifts from the truth, the more it will hate those who speak it.” George Orwell
Date: February 22, 2012 03:34PM
Anyone have issues with the verification upload? The app that is spawned when you click "submit proof" either crashes or never loads for me.
Posted by: MacArtist
Date: February 22, 2012 03:47PM
TLB,

You will receive an email from storemanager@adobe.com.

It contains the order confirmation.

There's a link in the order information section for edu validation. Follow that link, it will have you login and then you can submit proof of validation.

You will then receive and email that Proof of Academic status received.

Their servers must be getting hammered over this EDU offer today because that's the only way I've been able to submit the documents.

The submit proof link on the order status page has been wonky all day.

Posted by: rz
Date: February 22, 2012 07:49PM
My son is in pre-school... I wonder if that qualifies. I'll have to call them tomorrow to find out.
Posted by: Bo
Date: February 22, 2012 07:52PM
I called today and they said K-8 which qualifies my 4th grader. He desperately wants the Master Collection winking smiley

rz
My son is in pre-school... I wonder if that qualifies. I'll have to call them tomorrow to find out.
Posted by: bwicklander
Date: February 22, 2012 08:09PM
I just ordered from Academic Superstore - the Creative Suite Teacher and Student addition ran me $400.

Now this. This week just sucks balls.
Posted by: datbeme
Date: February 22, 2012 11:48PM
Wow, I never see this mentioned here, but I purchased the CS3 Master Collection a few years ago from Academic Superstore (not using it professionally, but I have school-aged kids and just want to keep up-to-date), and I thought it was a pretty sweet deal at under $1000. It came with Painter X and a PS tutorial series thrown in.

Was hoping to pick up CS6 Design Premium this year for $350-400, but getting the 5.5 Master Collection now for $179 is a no brainer. If the CS6 apps or suites offer significant improvements, I could pay again without shedding many tears. Do you hear that Adobe???? People will actually line up to give you their money if you don't milk them for all they're worth!

5.5 is Lion compatible, right?
Posted by: freeradical
Date: February 23, 2012 12:49AM
It's really odd that airlines and hotels learned a long time ago that only having one price is not the best way to make money, but software companies haven't figured this out yet. They use price discrimination as a tool to maximize revenue. For example, they know that there's no need to offer business travelers a price discount, but there are also budget conscious travelers who only fly when there's a bargain to be had.
Date: February 23, 2012 08:47AM
Just got an email from Adobe, through my work, that the offer has been cancelled. I hope everyone got what they needed.

Posted by: Blankity Blank
Date: February 23, 2012 09:32AM
rgG
Just got an email from Adobe, through my work, that the offer has been cancelled. I hope everyone got what they needed.
Boo…
Posted by: Ombligo
Date: February 23, 2012 10:53AM
here's hoping.. I ordered last night and waiting to hear if my credentials are accepted (should be, it a paystub from the school). But my card has not been charged yet, so they could boot me to the side yet.

And the offer is gone from the website.

“No persons are more frequently wrong, than those who will not admit they are wrong.”
-- François de La Rochefoucauld

"WE CALL BS!" -- Emma Gonzalez
Date: February 23, 2012 11:06AM
rgG

angry villagers smileysoapbox smiley

my brother never returned my call even though we agreed to talk at 7.

----

Date: February 23, 2012 11:19AM
Sitting here at work, on my week off...
Came in to purchase and download....

Banging head on desk....

Paul F.
-----
----

--

--

--
Eureka, CA
Date: February 23, 2012 11:39AM
I don't know what's more astonishing...that this offer existed in the first place, or that it disappeared so suddenly.

When someone posted that the deadline was early March, I almost put off ordering. So glad I went ahead and purchased at 1 a.m. Still waiting for them to approve my submission, but it appears that it will go through. Fingers crossed.
Posted by: mikebw
Date: February 23, 2012 11:42AM
datbeme
When someone posted that the deadline was early March, I almost put off ordering.

Yeah I remember reading on the site that the offer was good though March 2nd so I didn't order anything. I already have CS5 on my desktop machine at home through my work but wanted to get an extra PS and AI license for the laptop.

BOO!!!

angry villagers smiley

EDIT: This from an Adobe chat rep
"we regret the confusion and sorry to inform that these promo codes are invalid and will not be applicable. We are aware that the promo code is currently not functional on any EDU purchases. You can continue to place the order without the promo code. Again, We apologize for the inconvenience caused."

EDIT 2: more from the chat rep
"We apologize for any inconvenience caused, however, due to a technical error an incorrect messaging of promotion on education store got posted online and we are currently in the process of removing this messaging shortly, due to which the promo code will not be applicable on any of the Educational product purchase."

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 02/23/2012 11:59AM by mikebw.
Date: February 23, 2012 12:03PM
I got my order in yesterday but every avenue that I tried to submit my eligibility failed. Don't know if I'll get a cancellation or if they'll let it die at the 4 day point for no proof of EDU eligibility.
Date: February 23, 2012 12:39PM
Sorry to be the bearer of bad tidings. I was surprise when I saw the email in my inbox.

Posted by: Sam3
Date: February 24, 2012 09:32PM
I still haven't been charged either. I used my college e-mail address, as they said that would be a faster way of getting authorized, but I haven't received any email there either. The only thing that I do have is an order confirmation email from Adobe.

::edit::

I just opened a case with Adobe and submitted my student ID. They are saying 1-3 business days for a reply.

::keeping fingers crossed::

::edit 2::

I just received and email from Adobe stating that they have received my proof of academic status and will notify me of my approval status.

::keeping fingers crossed ever more tightly::

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 02/24/2012 09:48PM by Sam3.
Posted by: gouvrit
Date: February 26, 2012 09:34PM
adobe took off 80% promotion.

Adobe support: We apologize for any inconvenience caused, however, due to a technical error an incorrect messaging of promotion on education store got posted online and we are currently in the process of removing this messaging shortly, due to which the promo code will not be applicable on any of the Educational product purchase.

me: so it was "a mistake"?!

Adobe support: Well, you'll get 200$ off with master suite and $34 on Photoshop with SAVEONEDU.

:/
Date: February 28, 2012 09:15AM
I ordered the physical product and just got confirmation that it shipped. With tax and shipping, my card was billed $196.99 for CS 5.5 Master Collection (EDU).

So sorry for those of you that didn't get in before it was cancelled. I was planning on sharing this offer with a few friends, but by the next day, it was too late.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 250
Record Number of Users: 52 on November 20, 2014
Record Number of Guests: 847 on February 04, 2015