Deals | News | Forums

The Forum is sponsored by 

AAPL stock: $111.78 ( -0.87 )

*Cached every 60 seconds. For live updating, Click Here

You are currently viewing the Tips and Deals forum
Any inexpensive hotels in downtown Indianapolis??T
Posted by: RickeyRicardo
Date: March 05, 2012 08:40AM
In going to visit a friend in June and I'm running kind of low on time and I need a room downtown for 3 nights. A room and a round trip flights is going to be killer! Help please! Discount codes, websites?!
Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: Any inexpensive hotels in downtown Indianapolis??T
Posted by: rgG
Date: March 05, 2012 08:51AM
I usually check TripAdvisor for hotel recommendations.

I have found that booking a flight and hotel directly through the airlines website to sometimes yield a great deal, but I am not sure what would be available for Indianapolis.

Alpharetta, GA (Atlanta suburb)
Posted by: dmann
Date: March 05, 2012 09:05AM
Honestly, you have plenty of time unless something special is going on in Indy that weekend. I travel for work and rarely book more than a couple weeks in advance.

Priceline Bid or Hotwire- 3 star or better. I don't stay in downtown Indy often, but I have found good properties for for $80-$120/night. Don't forget you'll have to pay for parking if you have a car. Better prices in the 'burbs, and parking is free. I usually get something good for $50-$80 in places like Carmel and Fishers.

DM
Posted by: abevilac
Date: March 05, 2012 09:54AM
You can also try [airbnb.com] for non-hotel stays.
Posted by: beagledave
Date: March 05, 2012 10:34AM
dmann
Honestly, you have plenty of time unless something special is going on in Indy that weekend. I travel for work and rarely book more than a couple weeks in advance.

Priceline Bid or Hotwire- 3 star or better. I don't stay in downtown Indy often, but I have found good properties for for $80-$120/night. Don't forget you'll have to pay for parking if you have a car. Better prices in the 'burbs, and parking is free. I usually get something good for $50-$80 in places like Carmel and Fishers.

DM

Good advice. I suggest using Better Bidding to do your research, first.

For example, here is current successful Hotwire bids for Indy.

And successful Priceline bids for Indy here.
Posted by: SteveO
Date: March 05, 2012 01:44PM
For our honeymoon, we used hotels.com a lot, sometimes on the day we were traveling. Worked out well. We also frequently walk into a given hotel lobby (in any city) and negotiate directly with the manager (but be discrete, do it away from other guests). We've saved hundreds of dollars by doing this and stayed at really nice places. Our last stay we saved about 150 bucks off the rack rate. That was a few months ago.

Omni Hotel in downtown Indy is nice (or used to be when I lived there). But not inexpensive. That's where the above tips come into play.
Posted by: pinion
Date: March 06, 2012 02:19PM
I'll rent you my house. Super Bowl prices though, $10,000 a night.

---"Yer all idiots." elmo3
[forums.macresource.com]
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 107
Record Number of Users: 52 on November 20, 2014
Record Number of Guests: 322 on December 17, 2014