The Forum is sponsored by 

AAPL stock: $107.62 ( +0.64 )

*Cached every 60 seconds. For live updating, Click Here

You are currently viewing the Tips and Deals forum
Redux: 80% Off Adobe Student and Teacher Edition - CS 5.5 suites
Posted by: TLB
Date: March 13, 2012 01:25PM
[forums.macresource.com]

I placed an order shortly after the offer was noted on this site, but much to my chagrin it just seemed lost in limbo somewhere, just ignored. I had written it off as a missed opportunity but low and behold, FedEx delivered my package today. Checked my credit card and I got Design Premium for the bargain basement price. If you got your order placed and didn't get a "we're sorry" email, you may still be in luck.
Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: Redux: 80% Off Adobe Student and Teacher Edition - CS 5.5 suites
Posted by: C(-)ris
Date: March 13, 2012 01:27PM
I got mine as well. Just to rub it in. Sorry to those who missed out. Should be a $600 update to the full retail version when CS6 comes out.

C(-)ris
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Throwback Thursday Signature:
Posted by: jesse
Date: March 13, 2012 01:31PM
Mine was in limbo for quite some time, I'd just about given up hope when I received an email saying the order was approved. My disks arrived on Friday.
Posted by: davester
Date: March 13, 2012 01:45PM
Grrr! I hesitated...I lost.

"In science it often happens that scientists say, 'You know that's a really good argument; my position is mistaken,' and then they would actually change their minds and you never hear that old view from them again. They really do it. It doesn't happen as often as it should, because scientists are human and change is sometimes painful. But it happens every day. I cannot recall the last time something like that happened in politics or religion." (1987) -- Carl Sagan
Posted by: Ammo
Date: March 13, 2012 01:48PM
Adobe made it very difficult for me regarding educational verification. I spent the best part of one morning (3 hours) trying to satisfy them because I got a lot of conflicting email and info about submitting my credentials. This conforms to Ammo's Law: Make it hard enough for your customer and they will finally go away. However, everything finally got straightened out and the package arrived the other day.

You google bot, hanging out in Apple articles commenting to show your low self esteem. Live with the plastic, data mining mistake you made just to think you are different and cutting edge with stuff that never works.
Posted by: $tevie
Date: March 13, 2012 01:55PM
I missed it and was bummed, but it seems that now we can legally borrow a specially licensed CS5.5 disc from work and install it at home for free. So all's well that ends well in my case.

Posted by: Paul F.
Date: March 13, 2012 01:58PM
banghead smiley banghead smiley banghead smiley

Paul F.
-----
A sword never kills anybody; it is a tool in the killer's hand. - Lucius Annaeus Seneca c. 5 BC - 65 AD
----
Good is the enemy of Excellent. Talent is not necessary for Excellence.
Persistence is necessary for Excellence. And Persistence is a Decision.

--

--

--
Eureka, CA
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login