advertisement
Deals | News | Forums

The Forum is sponsored by 

AAPL stock: $97.19 ( +2.47 )

*Cached every 60 seconds. For live updating, Click Here

You are currently viewing the Tips and Deals forum
Americans are lawyer happy: Man sues Apple because "Siri doesn't understand me".
Posted by: cbelt3
Date: March 14, 2012 12:24PM
[www.washingtonpost.com]
- - -
Heck, Siri doesn't understand ME much of the time. But then neither do my children, and I KNOW they have better speech processing capability.
Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: Americans are lawyer happy: Man sues Apple because "Siri doesn't understand me".
Posted by: Grumpyguy
Date: March 14, 2012 12:36PM
While I don't condone suing, SIRI's useability seems to be getting worse. Most of the time it just offers a web search whereas before it would use Wolfram alpha.

Bryan
Re: Americans are lawyer happy: Man sues Apple because "Siri doesn't understand me".
Posted by: Sam3
Date: March 14, 2012 12:59PM
If that doesn't get tossed out of court then our legal system is in much worse shape than I thought.
Posted by: Ammo
Date: March 14, 2012 01:00PM
Grumpyguy
While I don't condone suing, SIRI's useability seems to be getting worse. Most of the time it just offers a web search whereas before it would use Wolfram alpha.

I don't know if this is true or not, but I think I read somewhere that the huge demand for Siri's services somehow degrades it's (her?) effectiveness. If so, perhaps this is a temporary effect.

Jackie Wilson said
It was "Reet-Petite"
Kinda love you got
Knock me off my feet
Let it all hang out
Oh, let it all hang out.
Posted by: Ombligo
Date: March 14, 2012 01:02PM
I'm thinking of suing because my phone doesn't have siri... Apple should give it to everyone.... Free... and pay us to use it...

And buy us MacDonald's Sweet Iced Tea (so we can spill it on our laps and sue both company's for distress caused by shrinkage)

AMERICA - What a Country!

You can tell a lot about a woman by her hands...
- For example, if they are wrapped around your throat she's probably slightly upset.
Posted by: Ammo
Date: March 14, 2012 01:03PM
Oh yes - the entitlement effect. It's only a matter of time before someone sues the weatherman because he failed to forecast rain on a day they didn't bring their umbrella to work.

Jackie Wilson said
It was "Reet-Petite"
Kinda love you got
Knock me off my feet
Let it all hang out
Oh, let it all hang out.
Posted by: $tevie
Date: March 14, 2012 01:08PM
What the article didn't tell you is that the lawsuit was brought by Mushmouth from The Cosby Kids.

Posted by: cbelt3
Date: March 14, 2012 01:11PM
Ammo
Oh yes - the entitlement effect. It's only a matter of time before someone sues the weatherman because he failed to forecast rain on a day they didn't bring their umbrella to work.

Like the folks in Italy who are being tried in a criminal case (manslaughter) because they failed to predict an earthquake ?

Legal systems as applied to scientific and engineering reality are the 21st century equivalent of putting a witch on a scale to see if she weighs the same as a duck.
Posted by: GGD
Date: March 14, 2012 01:18PM
Isn't it a well know fact that females (Siri) cannot and never will be able to understand males? I think the reverse is also true.
Posted by: billb
Date: March 14, 2012 01:21PM
Ammo

Been done for failing to notify for wind probability and subsequent drowning resulting.
Posted by: Uncle Wig
Date: March 14, 2012 01:25PM
I'm thinking of suing because my phone doesn't have siri... Apple should give it to everyone.... Free... and pay us to use it...

Wait a minute...wouldn't that make Apple a..... and SIRI a ......??? And US a bunch of ......?

[www.flickr.com] [picasaweb.google.com]
Posted by: N-OS X-tasy!
Date: March 14, 2012 01:42PM
cbelt3
Heck, Siri doesn't understand ME much of the time. But then neither do my children, and I KNOW they have better speech processing capability.

Methinks your confidence may be misplaced.

It is what it is.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login