AAPL stock: $105.18 ( +0.35 )

*Cached every 60 seconds. For live updating, Click Here

You are currently viewing the Tips and Deals forum
Tornadoes Rip Through Michigan, Destroy or Damage Over 100 Homes
Posted by: haikuman
Date: March 16, 2012 08:23AM
I hope everyone is ok out there.

[gma.yahoo.com]

Three reported tornadoes tore through southeastern Michigan Thursday, destroying 13 homes and leaving 105 houses significantly damaged, while downing power lines, sparking fires and flooding streets in Dexter, Mich.

Sheriff's spokesman Derrick Jackson said there were no reports of serious injuries or fatalities.
A tornado touchdown was reported in Dexter and the surrounding area northwest of Ann Arbor, Michigan Thursday night, according to Marc Breckenridge, director of Emergency Management for Washtenaw County. The National Weather Service said a "significant'' tornado touched down in Washtenaw County at about 5:15 p.m., and there were over 200 reports of severe weather Thursday from Tennessee through Michigan.

[edition.cnn.com]

7 injured in Kentucky roof collapse; tornado strikes Michigan
By the CNN Wire Staff
March 16, 2012 -- Updated 1323 GMT (2123 HKT)

(CNN) -- Seven people were injured Thursday when heavy rains caused a partial roof collapse at a Barbourville, Kentucky, business, officials said.

Initial reports from the scene were that the drainage system at Tru-Seal Manufacturing was clogged and caused water to pool on the roof, causing a partial collapse, said Kentucky Emergency Management spokesman Buddy Rogers.

Three people were taken to a hospital with non-life-threatening injuries, Rogers said. Several others walked over to the hospital on their own with minor injuries, he said.

“Stay Hungry Stay Foolish"
Steve Jobs

"There are only two mantras yum and yuk mine is yum "
Bernard Mickey Wrangle<>Tom Robbins<> "Still Life With Woodpecker"

"There is a fine line between a rut and a groove"
G.D. Kittredge III

"

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/16/2012 08:30AM by haikuman.
Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: Tornadoes Rip Through Michigan, Destroy or Damage Over 100 Homes
Posted by: dmann
Date: March 16, 2012 09:01AM
I was in that area yesterday. DId a tradeshow in Southgate until 2:00pm EDT and then drove home to Chicago. There was some rain during the drive, but nothing to indicate severe weather.

It freaks me out to be in the car during times like that because even if I listen to broadcast radio vs. XM, I don't know what COUNTY I'm driving through and they always list severe weather warnings by county.

Thinking of all those affected-
DM
Posted by: AllGold
Date: March 16, 2012 08:06PM
DM, if you left Southgate at 2pm, you were well clear of the severe weather. You were in the west portion of the state by the time it hit the eastern portion. Kind of a weird weather situation as even though the front came from west to east, only the eastern half of the state had severe weather. Here in the Lansing area, we didn't even have rain.

Posted by: DP
Date: March 17, 2012 08:25AM
My community is north of Detroit and I watched on the radar the line of storms approaching. It split in two; half going north of us and half going south. My wife and I sat on our porch with our wine and watched the light shows going on around us. Got some sprinkles but that was it...
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login