Deals | News | Forums

The Forum is sponsored by 

AAPL stock: $94.72 ( +0.78 )

*Cached every 60 seconds. For live updating, Click Here

You are currently viewing the Tips and Deals forum
Faceless e-mail meets band practice
Posted by: Black
Date: March 23, 2012 05:19PM
Thank god for the information age. No longer does one have to wait for band rehearsal to get chewed out-- you can let it come to you in the comfort of your home!
(Disclaimer-- I have not been interested in playing in band for a long, long time and can't 100% explain why I was added to this particular distribution list.)

===

Like I said on Sunday - superstition has it that a lousy dress rehearsal usually makes for a good concert! Now of course that's not going to happen unless there's a little bit (a lot of bit in some cases) of work on your part. Some things in particular that need personal attention, listening reference, and PRACTICE:
1.Horn offbeats in Blue Shades - mostly during the clarinet solo - they're late, if at all
2.Sax (and other) accidental 16th notes in Toward a New Life (F## = G!)
3.Occasional trumpet fracks in the fanfare (hopefully fine when we haven't been playing for 2 hours prior)
4.Trio of Circus Bee - especially low brass or anyone with running 8th notes (the first strains are much better than the trio)
5.Belch key changes and accidentals
LISTEN, LISTEN, LISTEN! Those reference recordings are still feeling pretty lonely!

MR/F Guestmap: [www.mapservices.org]
Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: Faceless e-mail meets band practice
Posted by: mrbigstuff
Date: March 23, 2012 06:00PM
I don't want to be in that band with all of the belching and fracking goings on. man.
Date: March 23, 2012 06:03PM

in tha 510.
Posted by: pinion
Date: March 23, 2012 08:38PM
I don't want to be in that band with all the fracking belching going on.

---"Yer all idiots." elmo3
[forums.macresource.com]
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login