advertisement
Forums

The Forum is sponsored by 

AAPL stock: Click Here

You are currently viewing the Tips and Deals forum
I'm struggling a bit with iTunes in the Cloud
Posted by: stephen
Date: March 28, 2012 08:50AM
Seems like streaming services like Spotify are much easier.

I never seem to have the album I need when I want it. And if I download a bunch of songs, suddenly my iPhone is near capacity because I mazed out photos on the last sync.
Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: I'm struggling a bit with iTunes in the Cloud
Posted by: graylocks
Date: March 28, 2012 09:09AM
streaming is a fine option if bandwidth is not an issue. and therein lies the problem.

"Success isn't about how much money you make. It is about the difference you make in people's lives."--Michelle Obama
Posted by: silvarios
Date: March 28, 2012 10:40AM
graylocks
streaming is a fine option if bandwidth is not an issue. and therein lies the problem.

Isn't bandwidth availability a problem for iTunes in the cloud as well (aka iCloud).
Posted by: lazydays
Date: March 28, 2012 10:49AM
I think other streaming services adjust their data rate to compensate for bandwidth. iTunes streaming only worked for me on wifi. Via cellular it was terrible.
Posted by: ztirffritz
Date: March 28, 2012 11:10AM
I can't figure out the purpose of Spotify. I thought that it was supposed to allow streaming of music, but it will only work if I actually copy music to my phone. That fills up the entire phone. If I'm going to do that I might as well just use iTunes on the phone. I'd think that it should just download a list of files that I own from iTunes to see if I'm allowed to listen to them.

MacResource User Map: [www.zeemaps.com]#
Posted by: graylocks
Date: March 28, 2012 12:37PM
silvarios
graylocks

Isn't bandwidth availability a problem for iTunes in the cloud as well (aka iCloud).

I wasn't referring to bandwidth availability as much as price. streaming Spotify or NPR or Pandora when I'm on wifi is great. if I'm out and about with my iPhone I don't stream because cellular data costs too much for my budget. I think that's the case for many people.

"Success isn't about how much money you make. It is about the difference you make in people's lives."--Michelle Obama
Posted by: silvarios
Date: March 28, 2012 02:59PM
graylocks
I wasn't referring to bandwidth availability as much as price. streaming Spotify or NPR or Pandora when I'm on wifi is great. if I'm out and about with my iPhone I don't stream because cellular data costs too much for my budget. I think that's the case for many people.

Right. Unless you sync with iCloud before you leave a WiFi access point, doesn't the same problem apply?
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 265
Record Number of Users: 52 on November 20, 2014
Record Number of Guests: 2330 on October 25, 2018