AAPL stock: $99.18 ( -1.57 )

*Cached every 60 seconds. For live updating, Click Here

You are currently viewing the Tips and Deals forum
[car search] Which car would you pick?
Posted by: M A V I C
Date: May 01, 2012 10:01AM
Poll
Which car would you pick
Only registered users are allowed to vote for this poll.
41 votes were received.
2004 Acura15

37%
2011 Subaru26

63%

If choosing between these two, which one would you go with:

2004 Acura TSX, 14k miles, asking $19k. One individual owner. Obviously it has leather and other nicer touches since it's an Acura.

2011 Subaru Legacy 2.5i Premium, 12k miles, asking $20k - was previously a rental - certified pre-owned - powertrain warranty for 100k/6yrs.

Both are automatics.

Lots of nicer features on the Acura, of course the Subaru comes with newer features like bluetooth and is 7 years newer.

Help MacInTouch: Buy from Amazon? use this link [amazon.com]
Mac News & Info: [macintouch.com] [macnn.com] [tuaw.com]
Mac Benchmarks: [barefeats.com]
Used Mac Stuff [FS/T]: [macswap.org] LowEndMac Swap List
Mac Software Updates: [macupdate.com]
Fonts: [dafont.com] [fontspace.com]
Online Computer Store With Mac Support: [macsales.com]

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 05/01/2012 10:28AM by M A V I C.
Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: [car search] Which car would you pick?
Posted by: mrbigstuff
Date: May 01, 2012 10:03AM
I voted Acura, but you should really have that checked out by an Acura mechanic. There are times when low mileage is a *bad* thing.

“When I was 5 years old, my mother always told me that happiness was the key to life. When I went to school, they asked me what I wanted to be when I grew up. I wrote down ‘happy.’ They told me I didn’t understand the assignment, and I told them they didn’t understand life.”
- John Lennon
Posted by: cbelt3
Date: May 01, 2012 10:04AM
Wow... The Acura must have been driven to bingo and back by a little old lady. I stay away from rentals. They get used and abused. Unless you think you need the AWD.
Date: May 01, 2012 10:06AM
The Acura was serviced regularly... sometimes just once a year and less than 1000 miles between services.

I could use AWD, but we have another car with it so it's not a huge issue.

Date: May 01, 2012 10:09AM
is the TSX a manual?

my neighbor has a TSX-R and it's pretty nice.

“When I was 5 years old, my mother always told me that happiness was the key to life. When I went to school, they asked me what I wanted to be when I grew up. I wrote down ‘happy.’ They told me I didn’t understand the assignment, and I told them they didn’t understand life.”
- John Lennon
Posted by: haikuman
Date: May 01, 2012 10:12AM
Have them both checked out by a Mechanic perhaps.
How does the Subaru handle compared to the Acura > how long did you drive them for ?
Did you drive up any steep inclines. Does the Subaru smell like cig' smoke ?

How was the seat comfort. ?

[www.theautochannel.com]

[www.thecarconnection.com]

[www.automobilemag.com]

"""If you need AWD, a spacious back seat, and generically handsome looks, then the Legacy is right up your alley. This car will offend nobody, tackle any weather or road conditions you might find, and be very reliable. That's all I really need in a car.
- Phil Floraday, Senior Web Editor"""

“Stay Hungry Stay Foolish"
Steve Jobs

"There are only two mantras yum and yuk mine is yum "
Bernard Mickey Wrangle<>Tom Robbins<> "Still Life With Woodpecker"

"There is a fine line between a rut and a groove"
G.D. Kittredge III

"

Posted by: dad@home
Date: May 01, 2012 10:17AM
Are you people nuts?
A nine year old car has nine year old tires, nine year old belts and hoses. Even with low miles you WILL spend lots more on maintenance. Despite it being an Acura with its nice leather etc. I would take the newer Suburu hands down. As for it being a rental.... at 12K miles at worst it missed one oil change.

Just my 2 cents.

dad

(full disclosure: I own a 2010 Forester XT owner. Love it, Love it , Love it)
Date: May 01, 2012 10:20AM
They're both automatics.

I know about the tires, if they haven't been replaced then I'll ask for some off to account for that.

Posted by: tenders
Date: May 01, 2012 10:25AM
I personally think a babied Acura at a cheap price would be a very good thing. They don't call them "cream puffs" for nothing.

Yes, your long-term maintenance costs will probably be higher. But so will your enjoyment of the car. Especially if you plan to drive it for 100k miles.

Replace the belts and hoses if it makes you feel better, but I personally would only fix what breaks and would do so quite willingly knowing that I had already saved a ton on depreciation up front.
Date: May 01, 2012 10:25AM
dad@home
Are you people nuts?
A nine year old car has nine year old tires, nine year old belts and hoses. Even with low miles you WILL spend lots more on maintenance. Despite it being an Acura with its nice leather etc. I would take the newer Suburu hands down. As for it being a rental.... at 12K miles at worst it missed one oil change.

Just my 2 cents.

dad

(full disclosure: I own a 2010 Forester XT owner. Love it, Love it , Love it)

you obviously have never met some of my friends who rent cars....

granted, less likely to do stupid things in a Subaru, but still.

- John Lennon
Date: May 01, 2012 10:28AM
The subaru is a certified pre-owned car - 6yr/100k mile powertrain warranty

Posted by: Robert M
Date: May 01, 2012 10:29AM
Mavic,

I wouldn't buy either of them. The Acura flags me due to its age and mileage. Such a low mileage number means it was sitting around, not being driven regularly nor serviced regularly. I'd be concerned about dry rot in hoses, belts, gaskets, and anything else that is rubber, aging seals that may not handle the stress of normal driving anymore, etc. Who's to say how the mechanicals are doing due to not being used as much as a typical car of its age. You get the idea.

The Subaru is a rental. That alone dictates it be removed from the list. I know _way_ too many people who abuse rentals when they have them. They do things to them they'd never ever do to their own vehicle. So, while a rental agency likely maintains the vehicle reasonably well, who's to say what kind of damage was done to the car by the people renting it. Definitely would not even consider it.

Robert
Date: May 01, 2012 10:30AM
Robert M
Mavic,

I wouldn't buy either of them. The Acura flags me due to its age and mileage. Such a low mileage number means it was sitting around, not being driven regularly nor serviced regularly. I'd be concerned about dry rot in hoses, belts, gaskets, and anything else that is rubber, aging seals that may not handle the stress of normal driving anymore, etc. Who's to say how the mechanicals are doing due to not being used as much as a typical car of its age. You get the idea.

The Subaru is a rental. That alone dictates it be removed from the list. I know _way_ too many people who abuse rentals when they have them. They do things to them they'd never ever do to their own vehicle. So, while a rental agency likely maintains the vehicle reasonably well, who's to say what kind of damage was done to the car by the people renting it. Definitely would not even consider it.

Robert

Please make a list of the damage . . . done to rentals with 12k

Steve Jobs

G.D. Kittredge III

"

Date: May 01, 2012 10:34AM
This may prove interesting and helpful

[www.fiscalfizzle.com]

Would You Buy a Rental Car?
by WOJO on MARCH 23, 2010
This is part of a seven-post series discussing our journey to buy a new car. Scroll to the bottom of this post to explore the entire series.

We think so–in fact, we just did it, and thus far we’re very impressed. You can now read my complete review of the Hertz Rent2Buy program.

But I have no doubt that this post will be tough to swallow for many of you. When you tell someone you’re going to buy a rental car, I’ve noticed you get three types of responses:

Indifference: 48% of people have either never rented a car, or treat them just as well as their own, so they have no opinion. However, they’ve “heard” that buying rental cars is not a good idea, so if pushed, they probably would not recommend it. Their typical response to you: “Okay, cool!”

Horror: Yet another 48% will tell you horror stories about how they themselves have treated rental cars, or things they have heard through the grapevine. They are appalled that you would even consider such a travesty. Their response “OMG, never EVER buy a rental car.”

Encouragement: Then there are the 4% that have actually purchased a rental car in the past. And without fail (I have yet to find an exception), they will tell you that they got an awesome deal and a reliable car for years! Their response: “You should totally do it.”

[www.google.com]

Steve Jobs

G.D. Kittredge III

"

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/01/2012 10:35AM by haikuman.
Date: May 01, 2012 10:42AM
Robert, I'll get the Acura inspected. So if it has a lot of problems, or if they're near, I'll know and not buy. Plus the carfax shows it was serviced about once a year at the dealer. Come to find out I know someone who sat it at the auction and it sounds like it was in good shape. So I'll take a good look at it, should be clear if it was garaged or not.

As far as the Subaru being a rental goes, it's an automatic with their lowest powered engine. Short of banging it into stuff, there's not much one do to it. It's CPO which means they didn't have to do any body work to it. It also means the engine, transmission... have a 100k mile warranty.

I have yet to look at the interior. If it's bad shape then it's off the list. But if it's in good shape, hasn't had any body work and you can't really do much to the mechanical - but it does have a 100k warranty - then do you still think just because it was a rental for 2yrs/12k I should take it off my list?

Posted by: michaelb
Date: May 01, 2012 10:46AM
I also vote neither. How much is a legacy new? The impreza may be available for less than $20 brand new. I wouldn't pay $19 for a 2004, no matter what car, since there are lots of other new cars that can be had for that price out the door.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/01/2012 11:17AM by michaelb.
Date: May 01, 2012 10:49AM
Haikuman,

I'm assuming you're being serious. A car can suffer tremendously in the hands of renters in 12K miles. Here are a few of the things people have told me they've done to rentals:

A. Intentionally driving over deep potholes, speedbumps, etc at full speed

D. Intentionally slamming the brakes or gas.

E. Driving the car on surfaces for which it isn't intended

You get the idea. The car isn't going to be destroyed by any means but it definitely can be abused. Wouldn't go near it.

Mavic,

I would take the Subaru off my list even though it's a solid model. But, if you do keep it on your list, tread carefully. That it is a certified Pre-owned with a solid warranty is a huge plus. Nearly enough for me to not dismiss it due to it being a rental.

Robert

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/01/2012 10:52AM by Robert M.
Date: May 01, 2012 10:54AM
"""Haikuman,

I'm assuming you're being serious. A car can suffer tremendously in the hands of renters in 12K miles. Here are a few of the things people have told me they've done to rentals:

A. Intentionally driving over deep potholes, speedbumps, etc at full speed

D. Intentionally slamming the brakes or gas.

E. Driving the car on surfaces for which it isn't intended

You get the idea. The car isn't going to be destroyed by any means but it definitely can be abused. Wouldn't go near it. """

Gosh Robert,
I thought you would enlighten me with something that was credible . . . Yikes ~!~!~!~

Steve Jobs

G.D. Kittredge III

"

Date: May 01, 2012 10:56AM
Haiku,

What isn't credible about the items I listed? I could add more to the list but those are enough for me. It comes down to this: rentals aren't driven in the manner that you'd drive your own vehicle. They aren't cared for as if it was your own vehicle. As a result, I wouldn't want one.

Robert

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 05/01/2012 11:00AM by Robert M.
Posted by: Buzz
Date: May 01, 2012 10:59AM
haikuman
This may prove interesting and helpful

[www.fiscalfizzle.com]

Would You Buy a Rental Car?
by WOJO on MARCH 23, 2010
This is part of a seven-post series discussing our journey to buy a new car. Scroll to the bottom of this post to explore the entire series.

We think so–in fact, we just did it, and thus far we’re very impressed. You can now read my complete review of the Hertz Rent2Buy program.

But I have no doubt that this post will be tough to swallow for many of you. When you tell someone you’re going to buy a rental car, I’ve noticed you get three types of responses:

Indifference: 48% of people have either never rented a car, or treat them just as well as their own, so they have no opinion. However, they’ve “heard” that buying rental cars is not a good idea, so if pushed, they probably would not recommend it. Their typical response to you: “Okay, cool!”

Horror: Yet another 48% will tell you horror stories about how they themselves have treated rental cars, or things they have heard through the grapevine. They are appalled that you would even consider such a travesty. Their response “OMG, never EVER buy a rental car.”

Encouragement: Then there are the 4% that have actually purchased a rental car in the past. And without fail (I have yet to find an exception), they will tell you that they got an awesome deal and a reliable car for years! Their response: “You should totally do it.”

[www.google.com]

Mrs. Buzz is a stickler for detail around home, but she is a holy freaking terror when traveling... a fairly severe dichotomy. She takes impeccable care of her stuff, but hotel rooms and rental cars are pretty much fair game. I ordered up a Cadillac CTS-V for a rental a couple of years ago, but it turned out to not be as comfortable, or spacious as I had hoped, so they substituted a brand spanking new, never been rented before, Lincoln Town Car... I took it in to have a "mini detail" before returning it at the airport because it was too embarrassing otherwise.

Based solely on my own experience w/ rental cars, I'd fall into the first 48%, but based on my experience w/ Mrs. Buzz, I'd really fall into the second 48%.

///
Date: May 01, 2012 11:05AM
"""Haiku,

What isn't credible about the items I listed? I could add more to the list but those are enough for me. It comes down to this: rentals aren't driven in the manner that you'd drive your own vehicle. They aren't cared for as if it was your own vehicle. As a result, I wouldn't want one.

Robert"""

Let me fix that for you Robert . . .

What isn't credible about the items I listed? I could add more to the list but those are enough for me. It comes down to this: rentals aren't driven in the manner that you'd drive your own vehicle by some people. They aren't cared for by some people as if it was your own vehicle. As a result, I wouldn't want one.

Mostly you have supplied hearsay and you may want to get some new friends especially before you loan them your car *(:>*devil smiley

Steve Jobs

G.D. Kittredge III

"

Posted by: billb
Date: May 01, 2012 11:09AM
For 19k I think I'd be back at the Honda dealer looking at new milk-toast Civics.

Course, we've had good luck with program cars too.
Posted by: C(-)ris
Date: May 01, 2012 11:12AM
Are you sure the Subaru was a rental and not a corporate fleet vehicle? Sometimes no distinction is made between the two. I'm only asking because: 1. A Subaru is an odd rental vehicle. 2. 12k isn't very many miles for a rental car. 3. Rental places usually keep the cars for 2 years.

I would still go with the Subaru. It has a long enough warranty that any "issues" will be covered.

C(-)ris
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Throwback Thursday Signature:
Date: May 01, 2012 11:15AM
Haiku,

Hearsay or not, I've heard enough that it is reasonable to say that at least some of it is true. This doesn't take into account what I've personally witnessed. Regardless, your version of what I said doesn't make a difference. It results in the same conclusion. Please also note I never said it was my friends who abuse the rentals. Just people I know. A very significant difference.

Robert
Date: May 01, 2012 11:20AM
Perhaps we travel in different circles Robert . . . people I know do not act so uncivilized with rental cars.
I still think your analysis is skewed. No offense meant *(:>*

Steve Jobs

G.D. Kittredge III

"

Date: May 01, 2012 11:27AM
>> A. Intentionally driving over deep potholes, speedbumps, etc at full speed
Those sorts of things generally cause some visible damage... but the physical damage would be about the same as driving 40k on the roads around here.

>> D. Intentionally slamming the brakes or gas.
Neither of those are going to do much.

>> E. Driving the car on surfaces for which it isn't intended
So you mean taking it offroad?

billb
For 19k I think I'd be back at the Honda dealer looking at new milk-toast Civics.

I haven't really like the Civics I tried... considering a ~5yr old Civic with 60k miles on it goes for ~$17k, I guess I wasn't thinking I would be able to get something better, new.

C(-)ris
Are you sure the Subaru was a rental and not a corporate fleet vehicle? Sometimes no distinction is made between the two. I'm only asking because: 1. A Subaru is an odd rental vehicle. 2. 12k isn't very many miles for a rental car. 3. Rental places usually keep the cars for 2 years.

I would still go with the Subaru. It has a long enough warranty that any "issues" will be covered.

Can't say for sure, but they did have it for 2yrs. It was a rental in Montana, might explain the need of a AWD for rental. Not sure how, but my FIL rented a Subaru once in this area.

Date: May 01, 2012 11:30AM
Yeah, new Civic would be around $23k. I can probably get the Acura for $18k.

Date: May 01, 2012 11:30AM
Haiku,

I would hope my friends and family wouldn't abuse a car, regardless of ownership. But, for people who I know from outside that circle - acquaintances, people I meet while traveling, chatting with at a local deli while waiting for a sandwich, while on line at a store, standing on a train platform, etc. You hear lots of things, some of which can be quite shocking.

Robert
Posted by: iaJim
Date: May 01, 2012 12:27PM
I voted Subaru before realizing it wasn't a new car. I'd like to change that to the Accura. Or, since they look so much the same, I'd buy the one that had the more comfortable seat. I've noticed that seats in newer cars are not as comfortable as the ones in cars that are a bit older.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/01/2012 12:29PM by iaJim.
Date: May 01, 2012 12:51PM
""" acquaintances, people I meet while traveling, chatting with at a local deli while waiting for a sandwich, while on line at a store, standing on a train platform, etc. You hear lots of things, some of which can be quite shocking."""

I love the accuracy of this reliable info *(:>* devil smiley

You Robert M have been granted an honorary membership to the """Destruction Derby Hall of Fame"""
You are also rewarded with a 12,000mile crosskuntry trip with Jimmypoo. You will be required to wear perfume and headphones *(:>* Good luck and report back with da facts and only da facts.

Of course anything you and Jimmypoo do in Vegas stays in Vegas *(:>* thumbsup smiley angel smiley

Steve Jobs

G.D. Kittredge III

"

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/01/2012 01:01PM by haikuman.
Date: May 01, 2012 01:00PM
Haiku,

It's all hearsay unless you've actually witnessed it yourself or done it yourself. Neither you nor I abuse rentals but I've actually seen it. Thank god I wasn't in the vehicle because there would've been hell to pay over it. smiling smiley

Robert

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/01/2012 01:11PM by Robert M.
Posted by: Z
Date: May 01, 2012 01:07PM
Get the Acura. I can't believe the amount of panty-waisting about a bit of maintenance on a car by the commentariat here today.

Get it checked out by a mechanic.

Replace the belts, hoses and tires.

Go and have fun with it.
Date: May 01, 2012 01:29PM
Robert M
Haiku,

It's all hearsay unless you've actually witnessed it yourself or done it yourself. Neither you nor I abuse rentals but I've actually seen it. Thank god I wasn't in the vehicle because there would've been hell to pay over it. smiling smiley

Robert

Robert,

I was ready to commend you for your extensive and exhaustive research on this topic *(:>*
Now I see you have moved on to the tap dancing and pirouetting aspect of it *(:>*devil smiley

Steve Jobs

G.D. Kittredge III

"

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 05/01/2012 01:31PM by haikuman.
Date: May 01, 2012 01:41PM
Haiku,

I've used the same dance steps from start to finish. They aren't perfect but they're all I've got and in this particular situation definitely good enough for me. I don't see the purchase of a former rental in my future. Ever. smiling smiley

Robert
Posted by: Jimmypoo
Date: May 01, 2012 01:47PM
Robert,

If we are going to Vegas, please be prepared to let me stay in Vegas. You pay for the gas. I’ll be ready at about 9pm tonight.

j
Posted by: mrlynn
Date: May 01, 2012 01:54PM
My wife's 2007 Subaru Outback was a California rental with 19k miles that our local dealer bought at auction. We bought it in 2008. It had a stain on the passenger seat that the dealership bleached out by mistake, and so they had to replace the upholstery on that seat. The car was still under warranty, so I was not too concerned about rental abuse. Since '08 and about 20k miles it has needed a coil (shop replaced the 4-coil unit), and just had all four brakes redone (new rotors and pads). I replaced the OEM tires with better ones. I also had to get a dead mouse out of the blower (it had chewed through the cabin air filter). Other than that, no problems. Obviously YMMV.

I would definitely buy the almost-new car. Probably 90% of rentals are businessmen and vacationing families (some are dealer loaners). When we've rented cars, we make a point of not abusing them, and try to leave them as clean as when we got them. I like to think most people are similar.

/Mr Lynn

"Hillbilly at Harvard"
Honky-tonk Country and Bluegrass
Founded in 1948 by Pappy Ben Minnich
Saturdays 9am - 1pm Eastern
WHRB-FM, Cambridge, MA
Streaming at [www.WHRB.org]
Be there!

New blog! [hillbillyatharvard.wordpress.com]

Even newer blog! [walkingcreekworld.wordpress.com]

On the river in Saxonville.
Date: May 01, 2012 02:02PM
Jimmy,

I'd love to go to Vegas but I'd definitely be traveling with my wife. smiling smiley That doesn't mean another couple can't join the wife and I for the trip. - lol! I'll pay for the gas but you have to pay for our airfare. First class, of course! <eg>

Robert

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/01/2012 02:03PM by Robert M.
Posted by: DRR
Date: May 01, 2012 03:08PM
Let me be one of the few who are not afraid of the rental Subi.

I would definitely get the transmission checked out. Also check fluids as those will be telling of whether/how many problems the engine has.

Aside from that, yes it has probably been driven harder than most cars at 12k but it would have to have taken some serious abuse and neglect to have any serious damage to it (bent frame, cracked block, etc) Most other stuff is smaller stuff. I wouldn't be too concerned.

I will say though, that if I had $20k to spend, I wouldn't spend it on a rental Subaru though. The car itself doesn't scare me but I'd make a different choice at that price point.
Posted by: AllGold
Date: May 01, 2012 03:58PM
Apologies for not answering the question...

For a commuter car for basic transportation, aside from the previously mentioned Civic, I would get a new or late model used Hyundai Elantra, Ford Focus, or possibly something like a Chevy Cruze or Toyota Corolla or Yaris.

Or I might look at a Prius. Unbeatable mileage but it would be more expensive.

For commuting, I wouldn't touch either the Acura or Subaru but especially not the Acura.

Date: May 01, 2012 05:30PM
Al, it will be used for commuting and medium range road trips. I can't find a KIA, Hyuandai... For the price that i don't hate.

Posted by: Bimwad
Date: May 01, 2012 06:06PM
Everything else being equal (though it isn't), I'd choose the Acura, but I'd question the price.

I've always driven European cars, and my preference is for the way they feel and handle. The Acura, being a domestic version of the Accord tailored for the European market, would appeal to me more.

Anecdotally, I know of one such model that has been with a family member since new, received nothing but typical maintenance, hasn't been babied, and has no major issues. The circuit board that illuminates the radio/climate controls is known to fail, and was covered by a bulletin, but that has expired, so factor that into the cost of any acquisition.

The Legacy offers AWD (OP is in PNW, right?), gets better mileage on regular fuel, and on paper, is roomier, and a much newer vehicle (albeit a rental with uncertain history). OTOH, in Subaru tradition, it's no looker, won't handle like a WRX, and in general, pretty milquetoast in nature.

A back-to-back drive ought to reveal two vehicles with different character. I have looser standards for a DD/beater, but there's still only so much I could overlook for something I'd have to get into every day.
Date: May 01, 2012 06:20PM
The subaru is off the list. One because you can tell it was abused/neglected by the rental company. They didn't keep it clean, and did stuff like chipped off a ton of paint on the wheels when they were apparently removing tires. (Might not have been the rental company, but guessing on that one.)

The second reason is because for $19k, it's way too much for me to spend for a... wait for it... "meh" car.

It was both high on the list for both my wife and I, but a whole lot of meh.

Posted by: Grateful11
Date: May 01, 2012 06:29PM
billb

Absolutely! I know that for $20K I could find something new. If we were talking $20K for 3/4ton Diesel PU
then yeah but sorry no way I'd pay $20K for a used mid-size car.

You can get a new Corolla S for under $20K and gets 34mpg. My sons '10 Scion xD with pimped out
17" wheels was like $18K.

Grateful11

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/01/2012 06:30PM by Grateful11.
Date: May 01, 2012 07:17PM
Grateful11
billb

Absolutely! I know that for $20K I could find something new. If we were talking $20K for 3/4ton Diesel PU

You can get a new Corolla S for under $20K and gets 34mpg. My sons '10 Scion xD with pimped out

Lots of cars for $20k new, but it's a whole lot of "meh".

Posted by: Grateful11
Date: May 01, 2012 11:09PM
M A V I C
Grateful11
billb

All the new cars that are out there for around $20K and their all "Meh" ?

Grateful11
Posted by: Rolando
Date: May 01, 2012 11:20PM
I voted for the new car, not seeing it was a rental. Rental drivers will usually heat the @#$%& our of a rental as a matter of course. Last rental I had, I decided to check its top speed just for the hell of it. Speed bumps!?!? Yeah right, etc.

San Antonio, TX (in the old city)

"All that is required for evil to prevail is for good men to do nothing."
-- Edmund Burke
"To announce that there must be no criticism of the President, or that we are to stand by the President, right or wrong, is not only unpatriotic and servile, but is morally treasonable to the American public." Theodore Roosevelt (1918)
Date: May 02, 2012 12:19AM
Grateful11
M A V I C
Grateful11
billb

All the new cars that are out there for around $20K and their all "Meh" ?

I can't seem to find one I like anyway. Any suggestions?

Posted by: Speedy
Date: May 02, 2012 04:39AM
Whichever gets the best mileage.

Saint Cloud, Minnesota, where the weather is wonderful even when it isn't.
Posted by: mrlynn
Date: May 02, 2012 06:43AM
$20k? Here you go:

2001 Corvette Convertible - White with tan top and tan interior only 24,500 miles. Auto, power windows, power locks, 12 disc cd changer, power seat, A/C
2nd owner, clean carfax, 1 year of warranty left.
Title in hand
Sorry no trades

$20,000 or B/O

[boston.craigslist.org]

/Mr Lynn
Posted by: billb
Date: May 02, 2012 09:03AM
Hmmm,
Father and husband with family in need of commuter car.
Can't be "meh".

There's no disconnect here.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login