advertisement
Deals | News | Forums

The Forum is sponsored by 

AAPL stock: $99.02 ( +1.35 )

*Cached every 60 seconds. For live updating, Click Here

You are currently viewing the Tips and Deals forum
do you understand the GRAVITY of the situation?!....finally FIGured it out [I kNEW it all along]! changing my NAME to.....
Posted by: NewtonMP2100
Date: May 01, 2012 06:10PM
.....just 'NEWTONS'.......no longer known as 'FIG Newtons'.....

Reminders That a Cookie Goes Beyond the Fig

.....NABISCO, the subsidiary of Kraft Foods, has rarely taken a cookie-cutter approach when it comes to marketing the fig roll introduced in 1891 as the Newton.

Unlike most cookies, it is square, and unlike most offerings in the cookie aisle, Fig Newtons, as they were renamed shortly after being introduced, were called “cakes” on packaging until the 1980s, when they became “chewy cookies.”

Popular commercials in the 1970s featured Big Fig, the actor James Harder in a costume performing a dance and song. (“Is it good? Darn tootin’! Doin’ the big Fig Newton.”)

But these days there are no paeans to the fig by the brand, which has dropped the word from its logo and is now known simply as Newtons.

The shift came not only because the cookie has for decades been available with other fillings, including strawberry, but also because the fig may lack the pizazz of, say, the pomegranate for health-conscious consumers.

A new advertising campaign highlights new fruit flavors of Newtons, as well as Newtons Fruit Thins, a line of crispy cookies introduced last year.

“And now, another Newtonism,” begins the voiceover in one ad, which shows fresh strawberries, raspberries and blueberries. “Never beat around the bush — you’ll just squash the berries.” The ad, for a new triple berry filling, emphasizes it is made with whole grain and closes with the tagline, “One unique cookie.”

Another commercial, for a new flavor of the crispy variety, apple cinnamon oat, says, “Being the apple of someone’s eye — is easier with cinnamon.” ....

NEWs to me.....??

I reject your reality and substitute my own!

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 05/01/2012 06:14PM by NewtonMP2100.
Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: do you understand the GRAVITY of the situation?!....finally FIGured it out [I kNEW it all along]! changing my NAME to.....
Posted by: jdc
Date: May 01, 2012 06:14PM
all those other flavors suck.

----

The Secret Diary of Steve Jobs [www.fakesteve.net]

Re: do you understand the GRAVITY of the situation?!....finally FIGured it out [I kNEW it all along]! changing my NAME to.....
Posted by: space-time
Date: May 01, 2012 06:29PM
how does NewtonMP2100 taste like?
Posted by: GGD
Date: May 01, 2012 06:47PM
space-time
how does NewtonMP2100 taste like?

Posted by: vision63
Date: May 01, 2012 06:53PM
jdc
all those other flavors suck.

Big time. Too sweet. I wish they would try an Apricot flavor.
Posted by: miK.
Date: May 01, 2012 07:04PM
[youtu.be]

Sometimes I wonder, "What would Hodor say in this situation?" - Jim Gaffigan

Posted by: RAMd®d
Date: May 01, 2012 07:55PM
Gravity was a great show.

Too bad it only lasted one season. It had real potential.

I'm not a Mayer fan.

You and I have memories longer than the road that stretches out ahead.

We don’t do focus groups. They just ensure that you don’t offend anyone, and produce bland inoffensive products. —Sir Jonathan Ive

-An armed society is a polite society.
And hope is a lousy defense.

There is no safety for honest men
except by believing all possible evil
of evil men.

Pixels were born to be punished. -Frederick Van Johnson

Mister, that's a ten-gallon hat on a twenty-gallon head.

I *love* Sigs. It's Glocks I hate.
Posted by: Spiff
Date: May 02, 2012 11:05AM
[www.youtube.com]
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login