advertisement
Deals | News | Forums

The Forum is sponsored by 

AAPL stock: $112.53 ( +3.12 )

*Cached every 60 seconds. For live updating, Click Here

You are currently viewing the Tips and Deals forum
Page Plus to offer 2GB of data and unlimited Talk and Text for $55/month no taxes or fees, and approves used Verizon iPhones for use
Posted by: rgG
Date: May 30, 2012 03:19PM
Effective June 6th, The 55 plan will provide 2 GB of data, for the same $55 per month price. No other changes are being made to this plan.

If you want or need to use Verizon as your carrier, Verizon MVNO Page Plus, a prepaid reseller using Verizon's network, has just approved using used, read that as previously activated through Verizon, iPhones for use on Page Plus. Also, on June 6th they will be offering unlimited talk, text, and 2GB of data for a flat $55 a month. There are no taxes or fees or contracts.

As many of you know, I have been a Page Plus user and advocate for a while now. I have had an iPhone on their service for about 5-6 months. Up till now, iPhones were sort of a gray area, they were not supposed to be activated, but they could be activated. Apparently now, Verizon has given Page Plus the go ahead to activate any used iPhone 4 or 4s, as long as it was once active on Verizon. With their upping their data allotment to 2GB a month, this seems like a way to save a lot of money, if you are currently with Big Red.

Just thought you guys would like to know.

Alpharetta, GA (Atlanta suburb)
Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: Page Plus to offer 2GB of data and unlimited Talk and Text for $55/month no taxes or fees, and approves used Verizon iPhones for use
Posted by: bazookaman
Date: May 30, 2012 03:52PM
Awesome. Now I just need to find an iphone.

Posted by: mikebw
Date: May 30, 2012 04:08PM
bazookaman
Awesome. Now I just need to find an iphone.

Ditto.
Re: Page Plus to offer 2GB of data and unlimited Talk and Text for $55/month no taxes or fees, and approves used Verizon iPhones for use
Posted by: AllGold
Date: May 30, 2012 04:09PM
No, you need to find an iPhone that was been previously activated on Verizon. Probably not too tall an order for a 4 but could be pretty tough if you want a 4s.

Posted by: DP
Date: May 30, 2012 04:23PM
Thanx, rgG. I'm still on the 29.95 a month as I don't use a lot of data on my phone but I might upgrade to unlimited. I moved my dad to the $12 a month plan and there wasn't even a blip in his service. I think I've gotten a couple of friends to move to PP but my brother lives in an area where it's not available which I don't understand because he's with Verizon now. Why would that be?
Date: May 30, 2012 04:35PM
DP
Thanx, rgG. I'm still on the 29.95 a month as I don't use a lot of data on my phone but I might upgrade to unlimited. I moved my dad to the $12 a month plan and there wasn't even a blip in his service. I think I've gotten a couple of friends to move to PP but my brother lives in an area where it's not available which I don't understand because he's with Verizon now. Why would that be?

He might be in one of the areas that was served by Alltel or something. Page Plus uses Verizon's prepaid coverage map, so there might be a few spots where Verizon has coverage but not Page Plus, except for roaming.

I still use the $29.95 plan, too, since I am around WiFi most of the time, but for people who need the data, this should be great news. I know it is a hell of a lot cheaper than Verizon charges for the same thing.

Posted by: the_poochies
Date: May 30, 2012 04:57PM
Presently, Mrs. Poochie and I share a VZW Family plan of 700 minutes (which we only use less than 50%), unlimited texting and unlimited data for $160/month total. We never use more than 2 GB of data/month, so we'd save $50/month when our contracts expire in 2013.

Your post perhaps maybe more indicative of how much I am paying for my subsidized 4S per month.
Date: May 31, 2012 10:02AM
Well, once again, Page Plus is backtracking on whether or not iPhones are allowed, so I guess it is a YMMV again. If you happen to have an iPhone available for activation, then you could give it a try. If you are going to buy one, then be aware that it could get activated and later get deactivated, who knows. If they truly wanted to block all iPhones from activation, they could simply block all iPhone MEIDs from activating, as they have done with Verizon prepaid phones, so I don't see why there is all this confusion.

Anyway, the 2GB bump is still a good deal, and iPhones are being activated, but they might get deactivated at some point, so proceed at your own risk. I will keep mine active as long as I can. Sorry for the confusion.

Posted by: silvarios
Date: May 31, 2012 01:04PM
the_poochies
Your post perhaps maybe more indicative of how much I am paying for my subsidized 4S per month.

Yes. The curse of the subsidized phone on contract. I gave up two years ago and went unlocked or carrier locked non contract only. Also switched plans away from the contract majors around the same time. I save a nice chunk of change on the phone and the plan now.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 103
Record Number of Users: 52 on November 20, 2014
Record Number of Guests: 322 on December 17, 2014