advertisement
Forums

The Forum is sponsored by 

AAPL stock: Click Here

You are currently viewing the Tips and Deals forum
Run a PowerPoint presentation on iPod?
Posted by: WHiiP
Date: January 02, 2006 08:37PM
Can someone explain how to do this in language a typical 10th grader would understand. A quick search on Apple did not reveal any matches. Feel free to post some links if you find them, I can accept ridicule with the best of 'em...

This would be output through a TV or lcd projector.

Could this be restricted to only a video iPod or will a nano work?

Thanks all,

drinking smiley cheers

Bill
Flagler Beach, FL 32136

Carpe Vino!

Fermentation may have been a greater discovery than fire.
— David Rains Wallace
Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: Run a PowerPoint presentation on iPod?
Posted by: Wolf Larsen
Date: January 02, 2006 08:39PM
Do you accept help from the ignorant? Could you make each slide a jpeg and make it a slide show using the photo capability of the iPod?
Posted by: spacescape
Date: January 02, 2006 08:50PM
Yes, I would assume that you can export each slide as a JPEG out of PowerPoint... Then, assuming you have an iPod that is capable of displaying photos via S-VIDEO or RCA Video jacks I would set up a library in iPhoto for your presentation (call it whatever you want it called)... Then setup iTunes to "sync" with that "iPhoto" presentation library... Just make sure that your images are in the proper order...

Good luck... Never did this myself...

Bill
Posted by: chas_m
Date: January 02, 2006 11:43PM
Hey wow, I just found this really kewl thing called GOOGLE, I typed in "powerpoint on iPod" and holy cow man it like just took me to the right thing like no sweat!

[www.engadget.com]

I have a feeling this could really catch on, this GOOGLE thing!

chas_m

[crawlingfromtheusa.blogspot.com] <-- Moving to Canada blog
Posted by: WHiiP
Date: January 03, 2006 06:48AM
Thanks guys . . . yes, even you chas_m . . . I prefer to search Apple and then come here. I use Google for many searches but didn't consider it for this. I will in the future, especially if it helps me bypass your intolerant sense of sarcasm . . . grinning smiley

Bill
Flagler Beach, FL 32136

Carpe Vino!

Fermentation may have been a greater discovery than fire.
— David Rains Wallace
Posted by: JEBB
Date: January 03, 2006 08:41AM
chas_m: Way to go!! It looks like you got rid of another poster who might ask questions of interest. Save that virtual ink!

Don't you have something better to do?
Posted by: lafinfil
Date: January 03, 2006 10:02AM
This google thing rocks. Try googleing "chas_m" if you can't get enough of him here. :-/

Posted by: Jimmypoo
Date: January 03, 2006 10:19AM
You are a TRAINER???

You are exactly the sort of "trainer/teacher" that will eventually result in the Professor Wagonblast (sp?) treatment.

Professor Wagonblast, of Purdue University, was a pompous ass calculus prof who had an attitude problem, along the lines of "every question is stupid."

Around 1967, it got him stabbed by a student failing in his class, because he would not assist, in a meaningful or cordial way, the student in question.

Apparently the esteemed professor didn't learn from his first brush with death.

In 1982 or thereabouts, this time he was SHOT by a student of similarly demeaned and crushed spirit. My older brother, who had the professor, indicated he was surprised it hadn't become an annual event.

Like myself, I'm surprised you have yet to receive such attention. I wonder how many potential Mac Users you've chased away in your day??
Posted by: pinion
Date: January 03, 2006 11:35AM
Chas,

Sometimes it does ruffle my feathers when people ask a question and I think "Why didn't they just google it?" However, it helps our community and provides content for the google search when people come and ask questions like this. Also I like when things like this come up because it reminds me I'd like to take a look at how to do it.

---“What you permit, you promote. What you allow, you encourage. What you condone, you own.”
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 114
Record Number of Users: 186 on February 20, 2020
Record Number of Guests: 5122 on October 03, 2020