Deals | News | Forums

The Forum is sponsored by 

AAPL stock: $96.49 ( -0.71 )

*Cached every 60 seconds. For live updating, Click Here

You are currently viewing the Tips and Deals forum
Safari 6 Activity Window Gone!
Posted by: sydric
Date: July 26, 2012 06:24PM
After upgrading to Safari 6 yesterday I discovered there was no longer a way to display the "Activity" window. Anyone know of a workaround?
Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: Safari 6 Activity Window Gone!
Posted by: celliott
Date: July 26, 2012 07:35PM
Also don't like the new tab bar that takes up a proportional amount of space per tab. 1 tab= 1 bar the width of the window; 2 tabs each takes up half the width of the window, etc. I liked the old tabs that left space to the right of the last tab where you could double click to get a new tab. You could add a number of tabs before you needed to click on the + to get a new tab. Now you have the + as the only method (as far as I have discovered.

I also used the activity window on numerous occasions. Seems a backward step on both former features.
Posted by: Shakes
Date: July 26, 2012 10:51PM
+1 celliot
Posted by: Speedy
Date: July 26, 2012 11:08PM
If you really needed the Activity window Apple would have given it to you. Therefore, obviously, you simply don't need it.

Saint Cloud, Minnesota, where the weather is wonderful even when it isn't.
Posted by: Monster
Date: July 26, 2012 11:21PM
more "SUCK" from Apple.

The Taoist Zhuangzi said, "Good order results spontaneously when things are let alone".
The sociologist, and historian, Adam Ferguson described the phenomenon of spontaneous order in society as the "result of human action, but not the execution of any human design".
Posted by: Chakravartin
Date: July 26, 2012 11:24PM
You can do much the same stuff with the Web Inspector from the Develop menu. It's a bit more of a PITA, but it gets the job done.
Posted by: celliott
Date: July 27, 2012 10:28AM
Web inspector from the Develop menu? Sorry, I'm a little dense on that one- where is it or how do you get it? I don't have such a menu in Safari. Must be a special install for developers?
Posted by: GGD
Date: July 27, 2012 12:23PM
celliott
Web inspector from the Develop menu? Sorry, I'm a little dense on that one- where is it or how do you get it? I don't have such a menu in Safari. Must be a special install for developers?

Look in your Safari Preferences under Advanced, there's a check-box to enable the Develop menu.
Posted by: zephar
Date: July 27, 2012 12:49PM
The activity has got to be here somewhere; and, hidden under Deveop menu. Everyone keep looking please.
Posted by: zephar
Date: July 27, 2012 12:57PM
Yes, the Develop menu must be checked at the bottom of Advanced in Safari preferences; but, this does not bring one to easily discover where the Activity Window has gone.
I found under Web Inspector clicking the ‘Images’ tool does show the video I would like to DL; but, the usual double clicking, nor option clicking does a DL. It merely opens another window and starts playing the same video, now in 2 different windows.
We may be getting close. The Image tool shows as the 2nd icon in the Web Inspector’s menu bar.
Posted by: Chakravartin
Date: July 27, 2012 06:46PM
I have found that once you have identified the file I want, the quickest and most reliable way to get it is to copy the URL and then paste it into FIREFOX's download window.
Posted by: scott
Date: July 30, 2012 05:59AM
zephar
I found under Web Inspector clicking the ‘Images’ tool does show the video I would like to DL
Where is the 'Images' tool?

edit: found the imaged folder (page resources) - but it did not list video

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/30/2012 06:43AM by scott.
Posted by: ElderWand
Date: July 31, 2012 03:57PM
Chakravartin
I have found that once you have identified the file I want, the quickest and most reliable way to get it is to copy the URL and then paste it into FIREFOX's download window.

And I have found out that once you have identified the file you want, the quickest and most reliable way to get it is to copy the URL into the Safari address bar and then press alt+enter.
Posted by: lyuser
Date: December 23, 2012 09:27AM
i use and like many of the safari extensions for flv/youtube/html5 etc but a more general solution for the missing activity monitor list is provided by hetima with SafariStand <a href="[discussions.apple.com]; _jive_internal="true">[discussions.apple.com];
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login