advertisement
Forums

The Forum is sponsored by 

AAPL stock: Click Here

You are currently viewing the Tips and Deals forum
Best 3.5" drive for FW case (PATA 250-300GB)
Posted by: insider
Date: January 03, 2006 04:27PM
I'm looking for a 250 or 300GB HD (PATA) for use in a quad external case of mine.

Any ideas on the best bang for my buck?
Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: Best 3.5" drive for FW case (PATA 250-300GB)
Posted by: mattkime
Date: January 03, 2006 04:32PM
pricewatch.com
Posted by: jdc
Date: January 03, 2006 06:02PM
do you care about rebates?

newegg

Posted by: rexrzer
Date: January 03, 2006 06:09PM
I'd tell you to search out newegg.com and score a Seagate 300GB HDrive, with 5 years of warranty, but recently someone posted how they ship OEM drives: loose in foam peanuts without a proper HDrive protective case. So I'll never buy a HDrive from them sad smiley

I don't care how "carefully" a HDrive is packed in foam peanuts, loose, it's very possible for that HDrive to sustain damage in transit.

I think you should keep your eyes out for a deal on a retail packaged Seagate HDrive at Outpost.com, BestBuy.com, or other places like that. The really good deals usually involve rebates, but of late Seagate has their act together when it comes to rebates. In the past 4 months I bought 3 Seagate 300GB HDrives, two from Outpost.com, and the other from Circuit City, all with rebates, and the turnaround time was less than 4 weeks. Net cost after rebates on all 3 was $100 plus tax.

You might check the *other place* every day for the deals on storage. Personally, I subscribe to Outpost.com's newsletter (comes out on Sundays), and others, so I get the deals before they're published over *there*.

What's the difference between reality and fiction? Fiction has to make some sense.
Posted by: fmgtech
Date: January 03, 2006 10:15PM
I think Outpost has the 400 GB Seagate for about $209.00 with no rebates. I'm looking myself, but I think you would be better off buying two 300 giggers for about $200.00.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 174
Record Number of Users: 186 on February 20, 2020
Record Number of Guests: 5122 on October 03, 2020