advertisement
Forums

The Forum is sponsored by 

AAPL stock: Click Here

You are currently viewing the Tips and Deals forum
retouching school pictures
Posted by: pbarra1
Date: November 19, 2012 05:24PM
Does it normally include the face and NECK? My little princess has a small keloid on her neck from a plastic surgical removal of a hemangioma a couple of years ago and I paid for retouching and it's still there. Just curious what retouching normally covers before I complain. TIA
Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: retouching school pictures
Posted by: Carm
Date: November 19, 2012 05:32PM
From a teacher friend, usually its just the face. She has a red spot on her face/nose and her face got retouched without her permission.

Edit: If they didnt tell you what was covered, you have every right to complain.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/19/2012 05:34PM by Carm.
Posted by: Manlove
Date: November 19, 2012 06:13PM
I think a pleasant request for information should precede a complaint, as a rule.

If the keloid (scar) is going to be a part of your daughter's life as they are for my daughter, then I would think twice about having them photoshopped out of the school picture. She might look upon it as you wishing she was something other than she was. Or worse.
Having said that, my daughter's scars are not on her face, but they are part of her now.
I don't mean to be judgmental, but consider how she might feel in a few years when she asks why you asked the school photographer to make her look different than she is.
In general I am against photoshopping children to "improve" their appearance...it gives a false impression of what is important.
Posted by: pbarra1
Date: November 19, 2012 06:23PM
Carm - I am familiar with the agency that took the photos and they have many business practices that I detest but the Mrs wants the pix so u know how that goes. I always reach for the honey before the vinegar.

Manlove - I am in agreement with your opinion regarding 'shopping but there are many sides to the issue besides our opinion.
Posted by: bazookaman
Date: November 19, 2012 07:09PM
[www.photoshoptroll.com]

Posted by: $tevie
Date: November 19, 2012 07:25PM
I suddenly remembered a student from my elementary school days who had a very large what we called "strawberry mark" airbrushed off her face in her school photo, without request or permission. She and her parents were furious and I believe they made the company redo the photos to leave her actual appearance intact.

Posted by: N-OS X-tasy!
Date: November 19, 2012 07:31PM
Manlove
I think a pleasant request for information should precede a complaint, as a rule.

If the keloid (scar) is going to be a part of your daughter's life as they are for my daughter, then I would think twice about having them photoshopped out of the school picture. She might look upon it as you wishing she was something other than she was. Or worse.
Having said that, my daughter's scars are not on her face, but they are part of her now.
I don't mean to be judgmental, but consider how she might feel in a few years when she asks why you asked the school photographer to make her look different than she is.
In general I am against photoshopping children to "improve" their appearance...it gives a false impression of what is important.

Well said all around, sir.

It is what it is.
Posted by: decay
Date: November 19, 2012 09:04PM
bazookaman
[www.photoshoptroll.com]

haha!

---
Posted by: Carm
Date: November 19, 2012 11:55PM
Thanks bazookaman, had me lmao.
Posted by: DRR
Date: November 20, 2012 09:20AM
Well spoken comments BUT I will say that people want to look good in their photographs. Photographs like this are not meant to be photojournalism. People dress up, do their hair, put on makeup, etc because they want an idealized version of themselves. That's what they want to see when they see the photo and years later, that's how they want themselves remembered.

I will say that everyone is different especially in what they do want/don't want retouched out. Often times, the level of maturity to say "that scar is a part of me so leave it," is not reached until much later in life.
Posted by: NewtonMP2100
Date: November 20, 2012 07:04PM
there are so many things that I have wanted to RETOUCH but when I ask.....I'm always told.....no way......!!!

I reject your reality and substitute my own!
Posted by: Speedy
Date: November 20, 2012 09:14PM
For a high school senior photo I would retouch. We all idealize ourselves as the decades go by. And we usually do not improve with age.

Saint Cloud, Minnesota, where the weather is wonderful even when it isn't.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 366
Record Number of Users: 186 on February 20, 2020
Record Number of Guests: 2330 on October 25, 2018