advertisement
Deals | News | Forums

The Forum is sponsored by 

AAPL stock: $100.86 ( -0.77 )

*Cached every 60 seconds. For live updating, Click Here

You are currently viewing the Tips and Deals forum
New iPhone 5 has duplicate contacts -how do you remove them?
Posted by: JoeM
Date: December 22, 2012 08:58AM
When I bought the phone from Best Buy, I asked the sales person if they could port over the contacts from my Droid X. They did but I wound up with a number of duplicates, triplicates and some with 4 copies. I also have Twitter contacts, LinkedIn and Facebook contacts in there which I don't want.

I didn't find a decent how to on Google. Is there a simple way to remove social contacts and also merge /delete multiple contacts?

TIA

JoeM
Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: New iPhone 5 has duplicate contacts -how do you remove them?
Posted by: Ken Sp.
Date: December 22, 2012 09:05AM
If you now have the same duplicate or triplicate contacts in address book, contacts, you can go up to "card" and say look for duplicates. Do that a few times and that should prune it for you.

If not, on your phone, you may just be able to select certain groups in contacts and that may reduce or eliminate the duplicates.
Date: December 22, 2012 09:24AM
Groups helped and got rid of the social contacts but I still have a number of duplicates and triplicates. Not sure what card is. I searched but got nothing. Thanks!

JoeM
Posted by: Ken Sp.
Date: December 22, 2012 09:53AM
It is on your Mac.
Posted by: Monster
Date: December 22, 2012 10:13AM
I used this app on my iPhone, [cleanupcontacts.com]

The Taoist Zhuangzi said, "Good order results spontaneously when things are let alone".
The sociologist, and historian, Adam Ferguson described the phenomenon of spontaneous order in society as the "result of human action, but not the execution of any human design".
Date: December 22, 2012 10:56AM
Ken Sp.
It is on your Mac.
Ok thanks

JoeM
Date: December 22, 2012 10:56AM
Monster
I used this app on my iPhone, [cleanupcontacts.com]
Sweet thank you!

JoeM
Posted by: cherrymq
Date: November 15, 2013 03:43AM
It's extremely easy to remove the contracts with iPhone Data Eraser. Deleting contracts with one click and wipe them permanently on iPhone.
Posted by: cherrymq
Date: November 19, 2013 01:14AM
cherrymq
It's extremely easy to remove the contracts with iPhone Data Eraser. Deleting contracts with one click and wipe them permanently on iPhone.
Here is the iPhone Data Eraser's guide: how to wipe contacts on iPhone
Posted by: millysili
Date: December 30, 2013 09:02PM
How did you delete all contacts from iPhone? And do you have the duplicates on the phone or on the actual iCloud account when you sign in to the website with the help of iPhone Data Eraser?

If they're on the phone alone you may be syncing the same list of contacts from two different places (i.e. iCloud and some email account) and if you delete them manually from the phone they'll show up again later. Check under settings>mail contacts and calendars to see if you're syncing contacts from any of your email accounts. If you are, log into those accounts on the computer and see if the list of contacts is the same that you have on, say, your iCloud account. If it is, you can go on the phone and turn off contacts syncing under that particular email address. It will tell you that it'll delete the contacts from the phone, but that's what you're going to want.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/30/2013 09:03PM by millysili.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login