advertisement
Deals | News | Forums

The Forum is sponsored by 

AAPL stock: $102.50 ( +0.25 )

*Cached every 60 seconds. For live updating, Click Here

You are currently viewing the Tips and Deals forum
Sprint/Verizon iPhone 4 CDMA pay as you go?
Posted by: C(-)ris
Date: January 11, 2013 03:08PM
Is there a way to use a Verizon or Sprint CDMA iPhone 4 on a different carrier with a Pay as you go plan? I've got a line on a cheap 4 but I'm not sure if it is useful or not. I'm not going to pay Verizon's rip off prices. Do these phones work with any other carriers? Do they need to be unlocked?

I'm familiar with how it works for the GSM phones, but I have never owned or even looked at a CDMA phone.

C(-)ris
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Throwback Thursday Signature:
Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: Sprint/Verizon iPhone 4 CDMA pay as you go?
Posted by: Black
Date: January 11, 2013 03:22PM
Page Plus Cellular.
thumbs upthumbs upthumbs upthumbs upthumbs upthumbs upthumbs upthumbs up
Just need to have a cleasn ESN (includes not cut off for non-payment of service.)

MR/F Guestmap: [www.mapservices.org]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/11/2013 03:23PM by Black.
Posted by: rgG
Date: January 11, 2013 03:28PM
I have a Verizon iPhone 4 on Page Plus. Page Plus uses Verizon's network and charges a fraction of the price, prepaid, of course.

A Verizon iPhone 4 or 4s will activate with no modifications, on Page Plus, but you will have to flash a Sprint iPhone to get it to work. iPhones are not officially allowed on Page Plus, but I have had mine on their system for over a year, as have many, many others.

Page Plus has several plans, and you can get discounted refill PINs from places like CallingMart, if you look for their discount codes. Howard Forums has lots of info on Page Plus and activating iPhones. As long as the phone is a Verizon version and has a clean MEID/ESN, it should activate with no problem.

Here is the link to Page Plus:
[www.pagepluscellular.com]

Alpharetta, GA (Atlanta suburb)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/11/2013 03:29PM by rgG.
Posted by: C(-)ris
Date: January 11, 2013 03:30PM
How can you tell if it was originally a Sprint or a Verizon? It is listed as Sprint/Verizon CDMA

C(-)ris
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Throwback Thursday Signature:
Date: January 11, 2013 03:44PM
If you can get the ESN and can wait 25 minutes on hold, you can get PPC to check and see if it can be activated.

Posted by: rgG
Date: January 11, 2013 04:44PM
C(-)ris
How can you tell if it was originally a Sprint or a Verizon? It is listed as Sprint/Verizon CDMA

Input the ESN below and see if it shows as able to be activated.

[www.verizonwireless.com]

Alpharetta, GA (Atlanta suburb)
Posted by: BCam
Date: January 11, 2013 07:09PM
Page Plus - + + +!
Posted by: Chris Y
Date: January 11, 2013 11:00PM
there's a new MVNO that uses Verizon's network, Talk For Good.
[www.talkforgood.com]
I just signed up an iPhone 4 for my wife on the $6/month plan. It's a relatively new service so we're just checking it out. It's not exactly pay as you go, but will be less than $10/month for our usage (the $6/month plan has 30 min, 30txts and 5MB of data included then overage is 5c/min, 1c/txt and 6c/MB).

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/11/2013 11:00PM by Chris Y.
Date: January 12, 2013 08:00AM
Not even close to competitive with Page Plus, except maybe the $40 plan with unlimited talk and text (if you don't use data.)

Posted by: Chris Y
Date: January 12, 2013 10:01AM
Black
Not even close to competitive with Page Plus, except maybe the $40 plan with unlimited talk and text (if you don't use data.)

I'm not sure if you are referring to Talk for good, which is what I mentioned. But they may not be competitive at the high end (if you talk alot of use alot of data), but they are competitive with reducing your monthly bill to a low rate.

My wife uses around 50/50/50 min/txt/MB of data per month. Talk for good is much cheaper than PPC for this level of service.

$6 plan on TFG will cost $9/month
$12 plan on PPC will cost $20/month (since overage cost 10c per min/txt/MB).

Yes Talkforgood is new. I'm not sure if they'll find a good customer base and stay in business for awhile but right now they seem like a good deal for us. Plus there's no question that they accept iPhones whereas PPC is a little fuzzy about that.
Posted by: skifast
Date: January 14, 2013 11:04AM
TalkForGood is solid option for inexpensive iphone plans.

No 4G service, but their rates are good for low and moderate users. Usage rates - 5c/min 1c/txt 6c/mb

TFG has something called a smart card that let's you add a balance to your account to cover usage above your plan. the smart card balance rolls over month to month.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login