advertisement
Forums

The Forum is sponsored by 

AAPL stock: Click Here

You are currently viewing the Tips and Deals forum
FWIW Rumors for MWSF
Posted by: Ken Sp.
Date: January 04, 2006 10:51PM
OK--Don't get harsh on me--I am just passing along what I heard.
I called a guy that was selling a Dual 1.8 G5 for $800 on Craigslist. I missed out, he had just sold it, but I asked the guy why he was selling it--and he said that he was making room for the new quad.
I mentioned that he should wait til MWSF-and he said that is the quad he was talking about. He "said" a guad intel at 4GHZ. and a Powerbook with dual G4. He had gotten this info from his buddy that works at Apple. I also said that the mini was cool--and he eluded to some sort of portability, and iPod docking.
I live in an area that is close to an Apple facility.
I take it with a grain of salt---but I just wanted to pass it along.
Please don't shoot the messenger
We will know in 1 week :-)
Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: FWIW Rumors for MWSF
Posted by: jimbrady
Date: January 04, 2006 10:56PM
I've predicted Apple going in a top-down (pro-consumer) direction with the Intel switch. I have no convincing argument, just a feeling.

4GHz sounds impossible, though.
Posted by: Paul F.
Date: January 04, 2006 10:59PM
<He had gotten this info from his buddy that works at Apple.

That loud, wet, "THUMP" you just heard was the Axe of Steve coming down on the neck of the leaker...
And the leaker never even knew that Steve planted those fake specs to be leaked, to identify the source...
The poor bastard..

May we have a moment of silence please....

Paul F.
-----
A sword never kills anybody; it is a tool in the killer's hand. - Lucius Annaeus Seneca c. 5 BC - 65 AD
----
Good is the enemy of Excellent. Talent is not necessary for Excellence.
Persistence is necessary for Excellence. And Persistence is a Decision.

--

--

--
Eureka, CA
Posted by: Ken Sp.
Date: January 04, 2006 11:01PM
Looks like they have 3.73Ghz Pentium 4 extremes
[www.intel.com]
But it does seem a bit of a stretch
Posted by: rexrzer
Date: January 04, 2006 11:07PM
4GHz Dual core quad! LOL x 1,000,000!

I'd love to see it happen, but nawwww, I don't think so.

What's the difference between reality and fiction? Fiction has to make some sense.
Posted by: jdc
Date: January 04, 2006 11:30PM
Posted by: mikebw
Date: January 05, 2006 02:25AM
hmm 4Ghz, this after 2 years of waiting for the 3Ghz Jobs promised us, which has still not materialized.

Even if they did have 4GHz right now, they would be smart to feed it to us in smaller increments. Start with 3, then in 6 months give us 3.3, 3.6, then 4, you got 2 whole years of guaranteed updates already in line. Now that's money.

With the first G5, Apple was already behind everyone else, so they had to throw their Ace on the table. Now, they have so much going for them I think they can afford to play it smart.

For my own sake, I hope there are no big announcements, so that I am not tempted to buy anything I don't even need.
Posted by: -jeffB
Date: January 05, 2006 09:13AM
It seems like the Apple folks developing new hardware don't really know when the new hardware will be announced or released. Even if I knew someone was working on a particular piece of hardware, I wouldn't expect them to know authoritatively whether that hardware would be released at the next big event.

However, I certainly wouldn't be unhappy to see this rumor pan out.
Posted by: spacescape
Date: January 05, 2006 03:37PM
God... My crappy dual 1.8 G5 is getting old... Only worth $800... I had best dump it now before it's only worth $200.00 Anyone want a Revision A Dual 1.8 for $500.00... smiling smiley

It would be pretty cool if apple introduced a intel at 4GHZ MacIntel (dual core)... They would ONLY do this if 4.5-5.0 Ghz where available in six months (or already)...

They aren't promising anything this time...

Bill
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 199
Record Number of Users: 186 on February 20, 2020
Record Number of Guests: 5122 on October 03, 2020