advertisement
Forums

The Forum is sponsored by 

AAPL stock: Click Here

You are currently viewing the Tips and Deals forum
By how many was USC favored in this game?
Posted by: jimbrady
Date: January 04, 2006 11:09PM
?
Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: By how many was USC favored in this game?
Posted by: fmgtech
Date: January 04, 2006 11:25PM
not enough hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahah
Posted by: bfd
Date: January 04, 2006 11:30PM
hate the way it ended … that Texas touchdown in the first half threw the entire game … but since bfd doesn't give a shiznit about USC, who cares. (too bad 619 Reggie didn't do better, however)
Posted by: Gutenberg
That was a hell of a finish.
Typical loser Linert says USC still the better team.

Yeah right. Loser.
Date: January 04, 2006 11:50PM
> Yeah right. Loser.
Posted by: Bimwad
Date: January 05, 2006 01:06AM
Good game, poor officiating.

You'd think the Rose Bowl folks could also afford to have more than one Timex in the press box after the first one conked out.
Posted by: N-OS X-tasy!
Date: January 05, 2006 01:24AM
Bimwad Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Good game, poor officiating.

Huh? Excellent officiating, with the exception of the blown Texas call which resulted in a touchdown. I see that as karma for the bad call in the second quarter of the 2004 USC-UCLA matchup, though.

It is what it is.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/05/2006 02:24AM by N-OS X-tasy!.
Posted by: RgrF
Date: January 05, 2006 04:47AM
I was out practicing the 9-10 year olds at how to set a pick. None of them mentioned football although at one point a parent came running onto the floor, phone in hand to show my assistant coach how far ahead USC was.

Aside from the occasionaI pick, I have little truck with professional sport ('cept for the Red Sox and Pats and Celts).

The kids are a lot more fun than anything on TV.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/05/2006 05:34AM by RgrF.
Date: January 05, 2006 09:25AM
>I have little truck with professional sport ('cept for the Red Sox and Pats and Celts).

So that's 264 games this year (assuming the Pats win it all)... which leaves at least 101 days in the year when no sports are going on at all! Plus, sometimes they play at the same time!

I agree on the added interest in kids sports, btw... any sporting league that engenders such nastiness between and among spectators that many towns have adopted something called "silent sidelines" has got to be entertaining.

Posted by: Bimwad
Date: January 05, 2006 09:29PM
Excellent officiating? I don't know which game you were watching, but it wasn't the Rose Bowl. Bad calls, missed calls, indecision, clock mismanagement. This Bowl season probably had the worst run of officiating in recent history.

If they hadn't said the crew came from the Big Ten, I would have thought they pulled them from some Div II or high school field. They were left meek and indecisive waiting for the Jeckyll/Hyde replay officials to intervene at any minute...or not. Despite its infancy, there's clearly much work to be done on the replay system in college football.

Even in the karmic realm, bitching about a call from seasons past is reaching a bit. In sports and entertainment, the past is the past as far as most people are concerned (disturbed Cubs and Red Sox fans notwithstanding).

A year from now, unless Texas is in position to repeat, nobody outside Austin is going to remember they won it this year, just as few would know, much less care about USC's streak if it hadn't been hyped by the media. LSU fans should be familiar with that first hand. I can barely remember who won the World Series a few short months ago. Who won the Oscar last year? Ummm...never mind, it's trivial.
Posted by: RgrF
Date: January 05, 2006 09:39PM
>the past is the past as far as most people are concerned (disturbed >Cubs and Red Sox fans notwithstanding).

Speaking for Sox fans I can testify that being disturbed, while not a requirement, is helpful. Self same Sox fans no longer live in the past, we are absolutely in the moment as we watch the organization implode.

As to Cub fans, well just look what being one did to minty!
Date: January 05, 2006 09:55PM
Bimwad's post seems right on to me regarding several things. It was a bad year overall for officiating. Many mistakes, but the disturbing trend seems to be to just say that they were correct instead of just admitting they blew the call. This could be a problem.

So true that noone will remember much of anything a year from now, unless you follow that team. And even then you don't remember much.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 193
Record Number of Users: 186 on February 20, 2020
Record Number of Guests: 5122 on October 03, 2020