advertisement
Forums

The Forum is sponsored by 

AAPL stock: Click Here

You are currently viewing the Tips and Deals forum
You really annoyed some people over there, Tom
Posted by: jimbrady
Date: December 12, 2005 09:41AM
I appreciate your post below, though it comes to more of an explanation than an apology.

I just gave up on a poster at the other place who I'd PMd to try and get him to pay us a visit over here. He posted something indicating confusion and annoyance with your 'advertising campaign' of the other night.

I knew that trying to explain the situation (as I saw it) on their board could not come to anything, but his profile showed no email (does anyone but me put a real one there, anyway?... so I PMd him my email. He's just too indignant to engage in a conversation about this.

I don't care about stealing their customers... let people who actually like the new format (or who are indifferent, but like the population at the other place) stay there--but let everyone be informed without being hoodwinked by the censor. I'm sorry some people can't see that TC's 'strong measures' may have violated some basic rules of nettiquette, but are less offensive than what they reacted to (which are violations of basic morals).

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/12/2005 10:10AM by jimbrady.
Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: You really annoyed some people over there, Tom
Posted by: h'
Date: December 12, 2005 11:53AM
I have no idea who or what you're talking about.

I suffer from the same sensitivity that you do. A few nuggets of wisdom were shared with me and I'm "trying" to incorporate them into my life. First, remember that nobody can hurt your feelings unless you let them. You can always reject what is being forced on you emotionally.
Second, nothing changes unless you change it. If you don't want the behavior to be repeated then you need to take action. Otherwise the kid has learned that his behavior is the way to get things done, because everyone lets him get away with it.
In the meantime I sympathize because I've been there.
-beerman
Posted by: honu
Date: December 12, 2005 12:43PM
h' Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I have no idea who or what you're talking about.

Hey, h'. See this thread: [forums.macresource.com]

Posted by: kap
Date: December 12, 2005 01:12PM
Who is this mysterious Tom? When will he reveal his true identity? The public has the right to know! :-)

Kap

SoCal for now.
Posted by: Monster
Date: December 12, 2005 09:05PM
Tom tom-tom-tom ,Toooomm!
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 189
Record Number of Users: 186 on February 20, 2020
Record Number of Guests: 5122 on October 03, 2020