advertisement
Forums

The Forum is sponsored by 

AAPL stock: Click Here

You are currently viewing the Tips and Deals forum
ipod questions
Posted by: bazookaman
Date: January 05, 2006 03:44PM
perhaps these are stupid, but here goes...

can I plug my ipod into my computer at work and play it through my computer speakers? Basically so i don't have to have ANY mp3s on my actual work computer.

also, can you shuffle any OTHER songs besides hitting the shuffle button...which does ALL the songs on my ipod. Like can you set your playlists to shuffle, or songs by genre or artist? does that make sense?

Posted by: TheTominator
Date: January 05, 2006 04:38PM
bazookaman Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> perhaps these are stupid, but here goes...
>
> can I plug my ipod into my computer at work and
> play it through my computer speakers?

Yes. But not exactly the way you stated.

Unplug your (external) computer speakers from your computer. Plug them into the iPod instead of the headphones.

> also, can you shuffle any OTHER songs besides
> hitting the shuffle button...which does ALL the
> songs on my ipod. Like can you set your playlists
> to shuffle, or songs by genre or artist? does that
> make sense?

For an iPod Shuffle, it is all or nothing. Either shuffle all tracks/songs or play all of them in the order on the iPod. I don't have experience with any other form of iPod.

Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: ipod questions
Posted by: rexrzer
Date: January 05, 2006 05:03PM
AFAIK the shuffle songs feature is the same on *all iPods*. You can't specify specific songs, genre's, or artists to shuffle...it just shuffles your whole song inventory. As for playing your iPod through speakers, I recommend that you get an iPod external speaker system.

I got my wife the IM7 by Altec Lansing for Xmas, and it's pretty awesome:
[www.6ave.com]

There are plenty of choices for things like that, but I listened to them all and liked the Altec Lansing system best. It has a remote that's 1/2 Nano size, from which you can adjust treble, bass, volume, and song tracks up or down. It's portable-using 8 D cells, or operates off of normal 120V A/C power. Charges the iPod if you leave it docked.

What's the difference between reality and fiction? Fiction has to make some sense.
Date: January 05, 2006 06:24PM
yes, i was referring to a 4G ipod for the shuffling thing. I couldn't find anything that owuld let me randomize, say, my rock playlist, or my classical playlist etc. So I figured it was impossible.

And I'd prefer not to gat an ipod docking speaker thingy, simply b/c its for work and i don't want to spend the money for work. Plus I already have speakers on my computer.
Posted by: WHiiP
Date: January 05, 2006 07:09PM
Do you have iTunes on your work computer? The iPod will appear there and you can then select from your playlists and play . . .

drinking smiley cheers

Bill
Flagler Beach, FL 32136

Carpe Vino!

Fermentation may have been a greater discovery than fire.
— David Rains Wallace
Date: January 06, 2006 08:04AM
Ah HA! Thats what i was looking for. i do indeed have itunes here. I shall try that.
Posted by: qdog
Date: January 06, 2006 05:19PM
To shuffle a playlist, albums, or artist I start the playlist or album, etc. that I want shuffled and then press the menu button to go back to the settings and then press shuffle.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 270
Record Number of Users: 186 on February 20, 2020
Record Number of Guests: 2330 on October 25, 2018