Deals | News | Forums

The Forum is sponsored by 

AAPL stock: $100.58 ( +0.01 )

*Cached every 60 seconds. For live updating, Click Here

You are currently viewing the Tips and Deals forum
Change in Staples Ink Recycling Program
Posted by: graylocks
Date: July 12, 2013 09:05AM
I've turned in 8 cartridges for recyling with Staples and logged into my Staples Rewards account to check my balance. My balance was $0. in the fine, hard to read gray print on the bottom of the Rewards page is a notice to members that includes this sentence:

Recycle any ink or toner cartridge, up to 10 per calendar month per customer, and, if the Member has spent at least $30 in ink and/or toner purchases at Staples over the previous 180 days, the Member will receive $2 back in Staples Rewards per cartridge. Ink and/or toner purchases made on the date of recycling are calculated toward minimum purchase requirement.

effective 3/15/13 you only get the $2 recyling bonus if you also buy ink there. bummer.

"Success isn't about how much money you make. It is about the difference you make in people's lives."--Michelle Obama
Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: Change in Staples Ink Recycling Program
Posted by: mrlynn
Date: July 12, 2013 09:38AM
Well, at least it's a place to get rid of the dead toner cartridges. I'd better take the leftovers from the business we closed over before they stop accepting them at all.

/Mr Lynn

"Hillbilly at Harvard"
Honky-tonk Country and Bluegrass
Founded in 1948 by Pappy Ben Minnich
Saturdays 9am - 1pm Eastern
WHRB-FM, Cambridge, MA
Streaming at [www.WHRB.org]
Be there!

New blog! [hillbillyatharvard.wordpress.com]

Even newer blog! [walkingcreekworld.wordpress.com]

On the river in Saxonville.
Posted by: space-time
Date: July 12, 2013 10:33AM
it was too good to last before. I took once 10 empty generi cartridges and got $20, and I didn't even buy ANYTHING from Staples in a very long time. I did the same next month, so I had $40 in rewards, and with some other rewards from batteries I managed to get a Pixma MX870 for almost free. (It was on clearance for $80)

The irony is that those generic cartridges were under $2 when full, so I got more for EMPTY cartridges than I paid for them.
Posted by: polychrome
Date: July 12, 2013 11:47AM
I found out the change in their policy yesterday. Took 10 cartridges in and received zero credit. Could have purchased ink in the same day to satisfy the requirement, but it's better bang for the buck to buy generics online.
Posted by: jdc
Date: July 12, 2013 02:36PM
Kinda stupid.

Gonna spend the $20 regardless of what it gets spent on. And more on other stuff while Im there. Now I have no reason to visit, since theres a OD and OM closer.

The only question would be how much it actually costs Stapes to recycle them?

----

The Secret Diary of Steve Jobs [www.fakesteve.net]

Posted by: John B.
Date: July 12, 2013 08:25PM
Target collects them for free...and I go there much more often anyway. Sorry Staples, you just lost a way to lure me in the door.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login