advertisement
Forums

The Forum is sponsored by 

AAPL stock: Click Here

You are currently viewing the Tips and Deals forum
Weird behavior of Preview app
Posted by: freeradical
Date: August 21, 2013 11:06AM
When I group select a large number of images, and double click on the selected group, Preview will often open up two, or occasionally three windows. When I close the multiple windows, and double click on the selection again, preview will open up one window,

Why does it do this?
Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: Weird behavior of Preview app
Posted by: billb
Date: August 21, 2013 11:12AM
groups of differing file types ?

OK, never mind, after trying nef/jpeg that's not it.

The Phorum Wall keeps us safe from illegal characters and words
The doorstep to the temple of wisdom is the knowledge of one's own ignorance. -Benjamin Franklin
BOYCOTT YOPLAIT [www.noyoplait.com]
[soundcloud.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/21/2013 11:12AM by billb.
Posted by: kj4btkljv
Date: August 21, 2013 11:54AM
What does your preference under the General tab show? Mine says "Open groups of files in the same window"

I'm running Snow Leopard, Preview version 5.0.3 (504.1)

Sorry I don't have a fix, but maybe different setting choices will yield different results when opening groups of files.

Jeff
Posted by: freeradical
Date: August 21, 2013 12:21PM
kj4btkljv
What does your preference under the General tab show? Mine says "Open groups of files in the same window"

I'm running Snow Leopard, Preview version 5.0.3 (504.1)

Sorry I don't have a fix, but maybe different setting choices will yield different results when opening groups of files.

Jeff

I'm set the same way, and I'm also running SL.
Posted by: MEG
Date: August 21, 2013 03:33PM
Weird indeed. I was able to duplicate it. Selected 4 jpgs on my desktop and double-clicked. One window with 3 images, a second window with the fourth. Closed all windows and double-clicked selection again and all four images in one window. Quit Preview and made a new selection of four images (2 from original group, two other images) and same deal. 1st double-click resulted in two windows, close and re-double-click selection and got one window. Hmmm, perhaps a threading issue with images handled by a different thread opening in another window? (WAG?)

Running 10.8.4/Preview 6.0.1 with the Preview option of open groups of files in the same window selected.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 222
Record Number of Users: 186 on February 20, 2020
Record Number of Guests: 5122 on October 03, 2020