advertisement
Forums

The Forum is sponsored by 

AAPL stock: Click Here

You are currently viewing the Tips and Deals forum
Post here if you stayed up and ordered your iP5s on launch day
Posted by: sekker
Date: September 20, 2013 02:21AM
Just ordered a pair, one gold and one slate, from AT&T Store online. Went active a few minutes early and before the online Apple Store.

Even as one ordering right away, the shipping time for both is '7-14 business days.'

I think Apple definitely has some inventory constraints upon launch.

Ok, back to your regularly scheduled programming!
Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: Post here if you stayed up and ordered your iP5s on launch day
Posted by: Ken Sp.
Date: September 20, 2013 03:17AM
I got in at Best Buy--32GB ATT Gray was only thing available--just before midnight--available for in store pick up later today---They better not screw me!!!

This is the color I wanted--but was torn between 32GB and 64GB----the color I really want them to make is Gold with Black!

Still available 1:17AM PDT

Apple Store still says 1-3 days for everything except gold

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 09/20/2013 03:21AM by Ken Sp..
Posted by: M>B>
Date: September 20, 2013 03:43AM
On line they don't accept my address and when I phone them I am always on hold!!!
Posted by: rich in distress
Date: September 20, 2013 05:12AM
16gb Gold, unlocked... October.

• back to confinement

Posted by: Stavs
Date: September 20, 2013 05:33AM
I ordered from the Apple Store a few minutes ago. 32gb black. I don't want to wait in lines and I'll have it around September 30th according to them. I'm in no rush.
Posted by: MartyStickle
Date: September 20, 2013 06:24AM
Ordered 32gb gold from the AS. October it said.

Asheville, NC Area
Posted by: Will Collier
Date: September 20, 2013 07:14AM
I still have an original, now long-out-of-contract 4. I think I'll buy a used 5 to replace it as the gotta-have-the-new-one masses dump theirs. The wife's 4S is about to go out of contract, too, and I'd just as soon not owe The Death Star any more allegiance.
Posted by: decay
Date: September 20, 2013 07:27AM
Will Collier
I still have an original, now long-out-of-contract 4. I think I'll buy a used 5 to replace it as the gotta-have-the-new-one masses dump theirs. The wife's 4S is about to go out of contract, too, and I'd just as soon not owe The Death Star any more allegiance.

Will,
Best buy is offering the iPhone 5 (yes, the 5) with $100 for a smart phone trade in - any working smart phone.

www.BestBuy.com/TradeIn

Trade in any working smartphone and get a guaranteed $100 Best Buy® gift card to use toward the purchase of your iPhone 5 starting at $99.99 with 2-year activation.

their small print

---
Posted by: Will Collier
Date: September 20, 2013 07:33AM
Thanks, but I'd just as soon avoid the 2-year contract. Since all Verizon 5's are unlocked for GSM out of the box, I may try to get one of those...
Posted by: willmill
Date: September 20, 2013 07:46AM
32GB Silver for delivery on 30 Sep. Ordered at 3:15AM ET. Gold was already a 7-10 day delay.
Posted by: kahuna1342
Date: September 20, 2013 07:51AM
Ordered two just as the online store opened. One 64 and one 32, both space gray. Supposed to be available to ship in 1-3 days. I am upgrading from a 4S that will pass down to my wife(3GS) and my son gets to upgrade from a 3GS. Now the waiting begins. First world problems, sigh, wink smiley

Two wrongs don't make a right, but, three rights make a left.
Posted by: BernDog
Date: September 20, 2013 08:19AM
Did mine through Verizon. 16GB space gray x2. Quoted shipping date as on or before next Tuesday. We'll see...
Posted by: Steve G.
Date: September 20, 2013 08:49AM

Firstie at Covent Garden store UK

Tokyo

Beijing

Aleppo
Posted by: archipirata
Date: September 20, 2013 09:45AM
Order ompleted through the Apple Store app at 3:02am EST. Space gray, 16gb. Shipping time 1-2 days.

Athens, OH
Posted by: jdc
Date: September 20, 2013 10:06AM
this guy already bought his and dropped it -- 5C and 5S -- skip to the 1 minute mark

[www.youtube.com]

----

Edited 999 time(s). Last edit at 12:08PM by jdc.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/20/2013 10:07AM by jdc.
Posted by: DavidS
Date: September 20, 2013 10:27AM
Went by Best Buy at 7:45am - they only had AT&T 32GB Space Gray model. I then drove 1/4 mile up the road to AT&T store - about 30 people waiting outside. I went on to work.

I'd prefer to get it at Best Buy b/c I'm signed up for a $50 gift card on purchase and it goes to Reward Zone points. I'll wait until they get some in stock.
Posted by: bhaveshp
Date: September 20, 2013 11:51AM
Got mine this morning at the Stanford Apple store.

Son got in line at 4:30 am - 4th in line. I arrived at 7am. They didn't have any Verizon models in Silver or Gold, so we both got Space Gray.

Bonus: We got a picture with Phil Schiller & Eddie Cue!
Date: September 20, 2013 12:07PM
bhaveshp

Son got in line at 4:30 am - 4th in line. I arrived at 7am. They didn't have any Verizon models in Silver or Gold, so we both got Space Gray.

this_thread_is_useless_without_pics
Posted by: Done
Date: September 20, 2013 12:41PM
AT&T is the worst to order from, they have the longest ship dates even when there are plenty of phones. I did it last year and you could walk into the Apple store and get one that day but I ordered from AT&T and it was going to take a month before I got it. So I cancelled my order which was a super hassle and walked into Apple and got one. Actually they wouldn't even cancel the order even after talking to customer service and managers, I just took it back when it arrived in the mail.

I know Apple keeps the biggest bulk of phones to sell in the Apple store or ship out, so that has a lot to do with AT&T shortages.
Posted by: bhaveshp
Date: September 20, 2013 01:47PM
DavidS
bhaveshp

this_thread_is_useless_without_pics

Had the boy text it to me:

Posted by: sekker
Date: September 20, 2013 04:02PM
Nice!

Followup to my order: it turns out that my credit card company found fault with our 2 AM Internet order and put credit approval on hold! Called at 7 AM to release the hold, but it took me over 2 hours, 5 phone calls and three online chats total (not in that order) for AT&T to take my money.

Looks like we are now deep into October for delivery. Bummer.
Date: September 20, 2013 11:26PM
Follow-up to my order -
I called Best Buy near my office around 12:30pm to see if they were now taking reservations for future shipments. The customer service person on the phone said they were not, BUT they had just received an unexpected drop-shipment of iPhones that was different than the inventory they had at 8am. They had one 64GB AT&T model left in Space Gray. She could not hold it for me.

I must have hit every stoplight in the 3 miles from my office to Best Buy, but they still had it when I got there. I found the email from July for the gift card with buying a new phone on contract. It was $25 instead of $50, but that's fine.

The phone got set up easily with no problem. However, they could not find evidence of the $25 bonus. Two managers tried to access it and finally called Best Buy's corporate promotions phone number. In the meantime, the guy who was helping me told me to go pick out a case from the clearance rack and they would throw that in for free. Shortly after everything got rung up, the manager told me that the $25 gift card would come in an email to me later today. They told me to go ahead and keep the case.

Sure enough, I got the email from BB an hour later. Overall, a good transaction.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/20/2013 11:26PM by DavidS.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 144
Record Number of Users: 186 on February 20, 2020
Record Number of Guests: 2330 on October 25, 2018