advertisement
Forums

The Forum is sponsored by 

AAPL stock: Click Here

You are currently viewing the Tips and Deals forum
ISO: a showerhead that concentrates the spray
Posted by: mrbigstuff
Date: November 04, 2013 10:08PM
I bought a hand held shower head that has worked well but substantially diminished the intensity of the water flow. I'm willing to buy another to get that a more forceful spray. Suggestions?
Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: ISO: a showerhead that concentrates the spray
Posted by: Grateful11
Date: November 04, 2013 10:16PM
Are saying it once worked fine but no longer? If so you probably have a clogged screen in the handheld piece.

Grateful11
Posted by: Black
Date: November 04, 2013 10:17PM
I researched this recently, and all I can offer is check the post count on the people who respond in this thread with glowing recommendations for a particular model....

New forum user map 8/2015: [www.zeemaps.com]
Date: November 04, 2013 10:30PM
Grateful11
Are saying it once worked fine but no longer? If so you probably have a clogged screen in the handheld piece.

bad sentence construction on my part.

yes, it does what it is supposed to do, doesn't leak, sprays water in different patterns, etc. however, it has too many holes and disperses the water too widely. I'm looking for something that has fewer holes, and/or a bottleneck to increase the pressure.
Posted by: Rolando
Date: November 04, 2013 11:12PM
Might I suggest one of these (with an appropriate adapter)!

San Antonio, TX (in the old city)

"All that is required for evil to prevail is for good men to do nothing." - Edmund Burke
“Neutrality helps the oppressor, never the victim. Silence encourages the tormentor, never the tormented." - Eli Weisel

"To announce that there must be no criticism of the President, or that we are to stand by the President, right or wrong, is not only unpatriotic and servile, but is morally treasonable to the American public." - Theodore Roosevelt (1918)

"I don’t want to see religious bigotry in any form. It would disturb me if there was a wedding between the religious fundamentalists and the political right. The hard right has no interest in religion except to manipulate it." - Billy Graham 1981

"Politics and governing demand compromise. But these Christians believe they are acting in the name of God, so they can't and won't compromise" - Barry Goldwater
Date: November 04, 2013 11:29PM
DON'T HOSE ME, BRO
Posted by: Ca Bob
Date: November 05, 2013 12:11AM
Are low flow shower heads something that your state or local laws require? You may have run into that in terms of what you were able to buy. Just a thought.
Posted by: billb
Date: November 05, 2013 05:03AM
I have a well with a minimal water pressure set up.
Also have iron rich water and iron sediment.
I'm constantly cleaning faucet screens and flow restrictors as it doesn't take much of a restriction to become problematic. ( I can tell when the whole house water filter needs to be replaced as the clothes washer cycle time increases by about 5 minutes ).

Maybe your current shower head has a flow restrictor you could remove.

google image search: "showerhead flow restrictor" for pics of the various shapes and designs and where they get "hidden" in a device. I'd leave any sediment filter screens that you find in place.

If you have low water pressure - there's a little water drop symbol on the box to look for when purchasing that will identify a fixture designed for systems with lower water pressures .

a primer:
[www.showerstore.com]

The Phorum Wall keeps us safe from illegal characters and words
The doorstep to the temple of wisdom is the knowledge of one's own ignorance. -Benjamin Franklin
BOYCOTT YOPLAIT [www.noyoplait.com]
[soundcloud.com]
Posted by: mspace
Date: November 05, 2013 08:34AM
I love the shower head we use from this company. They really know their stuff. Made a complete difference with the water pressure in my 4th fl apt.

[www.takeashower.com]
Posted by: Robert M
Date: November 05, 2013 09:09AM
mspace,

Water Management makes a very nice hand held shower and it produces a strong spray. It was too strong for my shower and there is no way to reduce the strength. Or, should I say, I couldn't find a way to do it. I spoke to the staff and they definitely know their stuff. Ended up having to return the hand held shower.

Our primary bathroom has a handheld from Hans Grohe. It's similar to the one we had in our old apartment. Great handheld! Not cheap but excellent. We ended up moving the Hans Grohe hand shower to our primary bathroom and purchasing an inexpensive, basic Waterpik model from Costco for our secondary bathroom. While the Waterpik isn't as good as the Hans Grohe, it was cheap and it does the job.

Robert
Posted by: willmill
Date: November 05, 2013 09:38AM
These are very good to use with low water pressure:
[www.amazon.com]
If the link doesn't work, try a search for Oxygenics. Well worth the money.
Posted by: Buck
Date: November 05, 2013 10:49AM
Take the screen out!
Date: November 05, 2013 04:10PM
It's not the screen; it's too many outlets on the shower head.
Posted by: BernDog
Date: November 05, 2013 04:11PM
I'll echo taking out the flow restrictor. I have a basic Speakman, and it just pops right out. I'd start my search right there. Do some googling to see what shower heads have flow restrictors that are easily removed.
You need...
Posted by: RAMd®d
Date: November 05, 2013 10:12PM
...the Commando 450.

Unless you're delicate.

When a good man is hurt,
all who would be called good
must suffer with him.

You and I have memories longer than the road that stretches out ahead.

There is no safety for honest men except
by believing all possible evil of evil men.

We don’t do focus groups. They just ensure that you don’t offend anyone, and produce bland inoffensive products. —Sir Jonathan Ive

Perfection is the enemy of progress. -Winston Churchill

-An armed society is a polite society.
And hope is a lousy defense.

You make me pull, I'll put you down.

Mister, that's a ten-gallon hat on a twenty-gallon head.

I *love* SIGs. It's Glocks I hate.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 128
Record Number of Users: 186 on February 20, 2020
Record Number of Guests: 2330 on October 25, 2018