advertisement
Forums

The Forum is sponsored by 

AAPL stock: Click Here

You are currently viewing the Tips and Deals forum
Stickies wicket. Do you know how to?
Posted by: Buzz
Date: November 22, 2013 03:26PM
Is there a way to get Stickies to appear where I left them before the Mac is restarted? After a restart, all notes are grouped in upper left hand corner of main monitor... I would prefer they be where I left them on my secondary monitor so I don't have to move them each time the mac is restarted. IIRC, the notes stayed where you left them in OS 9..., why not OS X? Thanks... my google fu has found many tips & tricks for Stickies; just not the non-relocation upon restart that is being sought.

Sometimes it is what it is...
and then there's times when it's really better.

==
Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: Stickies wicket. Do you know how to?
Posted by: hal
Date: November 22, 2013 04:07PM
I completely forgot that stickies existed. I just searched my 10.8.5 imac and found it, launched it. Moved a window, quit, restarted and found that the two default stickies had moved back to the left side.

Looked for a fix - didn't find anything obvious, but I selected the menu item Window > Arrange By > Location on Screen.

This collapsed the windows (ala windowshade) and grouped them on the left side. I uncollapsed them, moved one of the windows, then quit. When I restarted the app, the two windows were where I left them when I last quit.

Doesn't make sense, but it does what you want...
Posted by: Article Accelerator
Date: November 22, 2013 04:09PM
Buzz
Is there a way to get Stickies to appear where I left them before the Mac is restarted? After a restart, all notes are grouped in upper left hand corner of main monitor

That doesn't happen on my system. They are exactly where and how I left them after a restart.

I left them on my secondary monitor so I don't have to move them each time the mac is restarted.

Ah! That may be the issue. Mine are on the primary screen.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/22/2013 04:10PM by Article Accelerator.
Date: November 22, 2013 04:34PM
It's definitely appearing to be a primary vs. secondary screen thing...
the secondary screen is for "helper" stuff, and that's where I prefer the notes to reside... w/o having to move 'em each time.
Any more ideas? Thanks.

==
Posted by: hal
Date: November 22, 2013 05:09PM
Mine stay on the non primary monitors.

What OS are you running?
Date: November 22, 2013 08:23PM
hal- 10.6.8 or 10.7.5 depending on the Mac Pro's mood... will probably put Mavs on it after the holidays, pretty much totally overwhelmed until then, so breaking in a new OS is not on the list, or even the list's horizon until then... just trying to use Stickies to help keep track of stuff, but it's frustrating when the notes spring back to the main monitor. Again, google fu netted some results, just none on point. FWIW, secondary monitor (Samsung 20") is connected via mDP to DVI adapter and DVI cable, and it only has DVI and VGA ports, w/ the VGA port not having been tried.

==
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 173
Record Number of Users: 186 on February 20, 2020
Record Number of Guests: 5122 on October 03, 2020