advertisement
Forums

The Forum is sponsored by 

AAPL stock: Click Here

You are currently viewing the Tips and Deals forum
I don't get Amazon Subscriptions...
Posted by: hal
Date: December 11, 2013 03:37PM
I went to order more of my favorite tea. I ingest this stuff in a very predictable manner so I thought I'd take them up on the offered subscription. Filled out all of the info, get to the end and I'm told that the first installment will arrive on Jan 20.

But I want it now! And then repeat every three months.

Did I do something wrong? Did I miss the 'send the first batch right now' button?
Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: I don't get Amazon Subscriptions...
Posted by: Paul F.
Date: December 11, 2013 03:41PM
I tried that for something once... got the same run-around, and decided it was easier to just order it myself.

I order my tea from englishteastore.com in... well... not "bulk" really, but packages big enough they last me a good long time.

Paul F.
-----
A sword never kills anybody; it is a tool in the killer's hand. - Lucius Annaeus Seneca c. 5 BC - 65 AD
----
Good is the enemy of Excellent. Talent is not necessary for Excellence.
Persistence is necessary for Excellence. And Persistence is a Decision.

--

--

--
Eureka, CA
Posted by: Lemon Drop
Date: December 11, 2013 03:43PM
I think you have to go back and click "one time delivery" and pay the higher price? they don't want people taking the discount when they're not doing the subscription service, since they don't charge you until the ship date.
Date: December 11, 2013 03:52PM
Going back to a one time delivery gives me a one time delivery. So I did that because I don't want to run out of tea next week. If more arrives on Jan 20, I won't be needing it for another two months because it just did the one time purchase.

So I'll always have an extra 2 month supply on hand. That's just dumb.

I just assumed that a subscription meant that I get one now and every three months from now on.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/11/2013 03:52PM by hal.
Posted by: Mike Johnson
Date: December 11, 2013 03:59PM
Lemon Drop
I think you have to go back and click "one time delivery" and pay the higher price? they don't want people taking the discount when they're not doing the subscription service, since they don't charge you until the ship date.

See, they're smarter than me. You are too.
Posted by: archipirata
Date: December 11, 2013 04:00PM
I bet it's a logistics thing where they have some cost savings by shipping all of the subscriptions of a certain product on the same day each month.

Athens, OH
Posted by: Gareth
Date: December 11, 2013 04:04PM
Do you have other subscriptions set up? If so, they will align all your shipments together.

If not, I'm not sure how they decide what the delivery date is. But yea, they probably put it at some point in the future to discourage people from taking the discount, getting the item right away and then canceling the subscription (because you used to be able to do this, and the discount used to be 15% for just one subscription).
Date: December 11, 2013 04:27PM
They should have the discount kick in for the second delivery and send the first one now. It's only about 5% - not worth a big hassle to me.
Posted by: srf1957
Date: December 11, 2013 04:38PM
Sheesh just order what you need to get to the first sub.
Posted by: TheToddler
Date: December 11, 2013 05:54PM
15 percent grandfathered in ... Saves some decent money on some regular stuff we started years ago and the flexibility in changing the delivery dates here and there works for us.
Posted by: space-time
Date: December 11, 2013 07:10PM
I think you still get 15% if you have 5 or more active subscriptions
Posted by: Chakravartin
Date: December 11, 2013 07:10PM
Gareth
Do you have other subscriptions set up? If so, they will align all your shipments together.

If not, I'm not sure how they decide what the delivery date is. But yea, they probably put it at some point in the future to discourage people from taking the discount, getting the item right away and then canceling the subscription (because you used to be able to do this, and the discount used to be 15% for just one subscription).

I think they do try to group delivery dates, but I have gotten immediate shipping on several subscription orders.

...And then when the second delivery date approaches, I've inevitably gotten an email notification that the item is no longer available and they're substituting a more expensive item if I don't cancel.

So, I cancel.
Posted by: richorlin
Date: December 12, 2013 06:54AM
You have some flexibility with the delivery dates and I believe you can skip a delivery, which will allow you to "catch up".

richorlin

[DrawingMyLife.com]

[www.dudeism.com]
Posted by: 3d
Date: December 12, 2013 08:43AM
If I remember correctly there is a "send it now" option for people who run out of the item earlier than scheduled. Jump through the subscription hoops. And then go back and click on the send it now option.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 236
Record Number of Users: 186 on February 20, 2020
Record Number of Guests: 2330 on October 25, 2018