advertisement
Forums

The Forum is sponsored by 

AAPL stock: Click Here

You are currently viewing the Tips and Deals forum
iPod trouble can disk utility fix?
Posted by: photomaz
Date: January 07, 2006 01:05PM
My daughter's 20g click wheel iPod just decided to start selecting song tracks at the speed of light. It then locked up and when she turned it off and back on, we got the mac symbol with a line through it. She reset it, but now all her songs are gone. We never enabled the ipod in disk mode. When we plug it back into her iMac through firewire, should we try to repair the disk with disk utility before re-installing the software?
Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: iPod trouble can disk utility fix?
Posted by: Phy
Date: January 07, 2006 02:32PM
RTM
Posted by: rexrzer
Date: January 07, 2006 03:31PM
Don't use Disk Utility on your iPod. Like Phy wrote, get out the manual and follow the simple directions to restore the iPod's software, which will erase everything on its HDrive and install the iPod software. Go to Apple's Support web pages, and download the latest software for your particular iPod. That's the place to start after you read the manual.

What's the difference between reality and fiction? Fiction has to make some sense.
Posted by: spacescape
Date: January 07, 2006 03:45PM
"IF" you have done a recent sync then just reset it and put it back to factory defaults... Read the Manual though...

Oh, and my 40 Gig iPod Photo wasn't displaying the correct CD art and when I reset it and re-synced my library everything went back to normal.

Bill
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 224
Record Number of Users: 186 on February 20, 2020
Record Number of Guests: 5122 on October 03, 2020