advertisement
Forums

The Forum is sponsored by 

AAPL stock: Click Here

You are currently viewing the Tips and Deals forum
First Tuesday GiveAway Postings: Get Yer Bootey Here !
Posted by: cbelt3
Date: February 04, 2014 08:08AM
We missed first Monday ! So without further ado, here's my list. Hope someone adds to this. The usual rules apply, pirate talk here, arr...

All items free as in beer. Feel free to donate cost of shipping to your favorite charity.

Gen 1 iPad (16G). LCD screen has failed. Touchscreen is not cracked. Everything else works.

2 broken Magsafe Gen 1 power adapters. Cables chewed by puppies. 1 60W and 1 85W (I think)
Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: First Tuesday GiveAway Postings: Get Yer Bootey Here !
Posted by: C(-)ris
Date: February 04, 2014 08:14AM
I'll take the iPad!

C(-)ris
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Throwback Thursday Signature:
Date: February 04, 2014 08:21AM
iPad has been Pillaged !

Adding another item....

Telestial International Prepaid Cell Phone, complete with SIM. Used in England, Ireland, and France. I'll hand over site login and passwords and whatnot to you so you can use it in yer travels for foreign booty ! Destroy and loot the Spanish Armada, and then txt yer mateys about it !
Posted by: Acer
Date: February 04, 2014 08:56AM
cbelt, are the mag ends chewed, or just the cables in the middle?

EDIT: Arrrr!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/04/2014 08:57AM by Acer.
Posted by: clay
Date: February 04, 2014 09:54AM
I'll probably ask for help on shipping on these items. PM me if you're interested.

-misc screws and parts from a couple of 15" pre-unibody Macbook pros and 13" macbook white unibodies
-couple of working, but previously activated tracfones --one is a flip phone, other is a dumb touchscreen 'smart'phone (lg800g). both worked the last time I checked, and I will include a power cord with each.
-ide ribbon cable with space for 2 drives
-molex (or whatever they're called) to sata power adapter...use this in an older computers that didn't have native sata.
-32 mb (yes, mb, not gb) compact flash card
-64 mb (yes, mb, no gb) usb flash drive, still works, but the usb connector got a little bent at one point, so it's not perfectly straight. worked the last time I used it
-couple of empty CD/DVD spindles with plastic case cover, I think I have both 50 and 100 disc versions...I'll have to look to see how many of each I have
Posted by: MindMeld
Date: February 04, 2014 10:01AM
My wife and I will be traveling in Western Europe this Spring. Will the Telestial International Prepaid Cell Phone work on most of the continent? If so, I will take it. Thanks
Date: February 04, 2014 10:11AM
MindMeld
My wife and I will be traveling in Western Europe this Spring. Will the Telestial International Prepaid Cell Phone work on most of the continent? If so, I will take it. Thanks
Yes it will, and you've GOT it ! PM me mailing info plz.
Date: February 04, 2014 10:16AM
Acer
cbelt, are the mag ends chewed, or just the cables in the middle?

EDIT: Arrrr!

Acer- the mangy mutts chewed the cables in the middle. They are repairable if ye have the tools and the patience. Or minions to do it. Having minions is helpful.
Posted by: Racer X
Date: February 04, 2014 10:31AM
Acer has first dibs on he power adapters I assume, but if he passes, I want them.
Posted by: Acer
Date: February 04, 2014 10:48AM
Racer, go ahead. I was contemplating, but I think I'll pass.
Date: February 04, 2014 10:53AM
Racer's got the mutt chewed power cables.

Chihuahuas, NOT Mynocks.... smiley-shocked003

Just PM me yer mailing information.
Posted by: mrlynn
Date: February 04, 2014 11:12AM
Buried Treasure! Antiques!

Collectibles!

Posted back in 2010. One Forum member asked about shipping the scanner, but in an excess of dilatoriness I never got back to him (color me embarrassed). Anyway, here it is again! (If that member still wants it, he'll get first dibs.)

(1) Xerox Imaging Systems Model 380 B&W scanner. Comes with Automatic Document Feeder Model 7021. SCSI interface.

I bought it from an employee back about 1990, and used it with an SE running 6.0.8 and later a IIfx running 7.0.1. Haven't touched it in maybe 10 years, but should be fine. It's been kept in a dry room on a bookshelf.

This is a rare and unique item, great for your collection of antique Macs and peripherals!

As I recall, this came with imaging and OCR software, which even back then worked pretty well. I'm pretty sure I can find the software in my boxes of old programs. I have kept the scanner around thinking I could use it with my IIfx Resurrection Project, but that project has been on 'temporary' hold for the last few years.

Free for the cost of shipping. I'm in Framingham, MA, 01701 (between Boston and Worcester, if you would like to pick up). It's fairly bulky, though not super heavy.

(2) From the early days of the Macintosh, SoftStyle's
"Laserstart is application software which allows your
Macintosh computer to print to the Hewlett-Packard
LaserJet printer."

Never used; original box contains manual, cable, and
diskette with software.

For a collector of early Macintosh paraphernalia, this
rare item is a worthy addition to your collection.

(3) Apple Stylewriter 4100 Inkjet Printer(s)

Actually two, one in pieces, one intact. Some years ago, daughter's pet rat got into original and chewed a couple of wires. Bought the second one on eBay, intending to swap parts. Never got around to it. Never tested the second one, as cartridges were expensive, and daughter's carts had dried up.

This of course is a serial printer.

Free for the cost of shipping, intact printer or both. Or pick it/them up if you're anywhere near Framingham, Massachusetts (01701, between Boston and Worcester).

/Mr Lynn

"Hillbilly at Harvard"
Honky-tonk Country and Bluegrass
Founded in 1948 by Pappy Ben Minnich
Saturdays 9am - 1pm Eastern
WHRB-FM, Cambridge, MA
Streaming at [www.WHRB.org]
Be there!

The HAH weblog: [hillbillyatharvard.wordpress.com]

Topical weblog: [walkingcreekworld.wordpress.com]

On the river in Saxonville.
Posted by: sekker
Date: February 04, 2014 11:22AM
I can confirm that repairing chewed-on Magsafe cords is an easy repair (I just did one that was 'eaten' by a couch's moving footrest).

I do recommend using a soldering iron to secure the connection.
Posted by: mstudio
Date: February 04, 2014 07:05PM
I have a working 600Mhz G3 ibook. 12" screen, working except for one of the USB ports, the other port is fine as is the firewire port. Airport card present, maxed at 640MBs ram. Combo drive. Oh, yeah, the } ] key is missing. Pretty clean. The power adapter is a little chewed up...does everyone have dogs that destroy these things? Battery holds a 5 minute charge. Fresh install of Tiger. Gets online fine. So as I write this I'm wondering who would want this...if it's you, PM me.
Posted by: mrlynn
Date: February 04, 2014 08:45PM
I have about 6 Dell Pentium 3 Optiplexes and Dimensions, taken out of service June 2011. Have a few other random PCs, too. Most work. Most are full-size towers, so you can use them for cases, PSes, etc. Good hobbyist material!

Also have 6 or 7 17" CRT monitors, plus plenty of PS 2 keyboards and mice.

Probably not worth shipping, though I will if you pay for it. Otherwise, I'm in 01701 (Framingham, MA).

/Mr Lynn

"Hillbilly at Harvard"
Honky-tonk Country and Bluegrass
Founded in 1948 by Pappy Ben Minnich
Saturdays 9am - 1pm Eastern
WHRB-FM, Cambridge, MA
Streaming at [www.WHRB.org]
Be there!

The HAH weblog: [hillbillyatharvard.wordpress.com]

Topical weblog: [walkingcreekworld.wordpress.com]

On the river in Saxonville.
Posted by: ArtP
Date: February 04, 2014 09:52PM
clay
I'll probably ask for help on shipping on these items. PM me if you're interested.

-misc screws and parts from a couple of 15" pre-unibody Macbook pros and 13" macbook white unibodies

I could use those screws if no one else has claimed. I have a upcoming Macbook Pro project that is probaby missing some bottom screws so this is right on time....

PM sent
Posted by: ArtP
Date: February 04, 2014 09:57PM
lol - I gotta gather some stuff to post and give back for next month now that Tues is the new Monday...
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 295
Record Number of Users: 52 on November 20, 2014
Record Number of Guests: 847 on February 04, 2015