advertisement
Forums

The Forum is sponsored by 

AAPL stock: Click Here

You are currently viewing the Tips and Deals forum
Best place to sell gaming systems and games?
Posted by: StingMe
Date: February 22, 2014 10:17AM
I've recently moved and need to get rid of some gaming systems that the kids no longer use - gonna keep one or two Wiis for now (good idea to keep a spare around?) but say goodbye to Super Nintendo, Nintendo64, and Nintendo Gamecube systems (and games) as well as a bunch of Playstation 1&2 games and controllers (PS2 gave up the ghost some time ago), and a handful of Nintendo DS games.

I'd rather get rid of everything at once and not deal with eBay, Amazon, etc. - does anybody have any experience with selling these things to Vintage Stock, Gamestop, Best Buy, ToysRUs, etc. or any online services? Any other recommendations?

I realize that Best Buy may only be interested in the newest of the games so I'm more interested in finding a one stop shop for all or most of the games and systems.

Thanks in advance for sharing your experiences! grinning smiley
Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: Best place to sell gaming systems and games?
Posted by: Forrest
Date: February 22, 2014 10:47AM
Are you sure you want to sell the GameCube games -they run on the Wii with a GameCube controller?
Posted by: wurm
Date: February 22, 2014 11:51AM
We had a similar situation over the summer (son got a job and his own apartment) and I looked for options to do just as you. There are several places out there, but I ended up selling pretty much everything between just two places.
Amazon Video game trade-In and Old School Game Vault.

We used both because a few games had quite different values at each place. But in both cases, the transaction was easy and payment (or credit in Amazon's case) came fairly quickly.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/22/2014 11:53AM by wurm.
Posted by: StingMe
Date: February 22, 2014 12:30PM
Didn't know about GC/Wii - thanks.

Amazon trade-in and Old School both look like good options - much better than Gamestop, etc. locally. Thanks for the suggestions!
Posted by: D. Lawson
Date: February 22, 2014 12:56PM
If you do end up deciding to unload any/all of the Gamecube games, please shoot me a list first. Ours is seeing some use once again now that our toddler is figuring out how the controllers work, but we only have a handful of games for it.
Posted by: Schpark
Date: February 24, 2014 10:49AM
Note: only the older Wii's have gamecube compatibilty so make sure if your Wii has it or not. My Wii that has compatibility has the Gamecube controller ports on the side.

"Without death, life would lose much of its meaning. My goal is to live in such a manner that I alter world in some fundamental way before I'm gone. As I get older and watch my son grow I realize I've already achieved my goal." - Ztirffritz
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 88
Record Number of Users: 186 on February 20, 2020
Record Number of Guests: 2330 on October 25, 2018