advertisement
Forums

The Forum is sponsored by 

AAPL stock: Click Here

You are currently viewing the Tips and Deals forum
RYF Foscam Wireless IP cam pan/tilt $50 shipped
Posted by: Black
Date: April 04, 2014 09:25PM
eBay daily deal. Good price for those of you wanting to get your feet wet with a DIY security setup. Indoor use only, but can be set up to look out a window.
[www.ebay.com]

New forum user map 8/2015: [www.zeemaps.com]
Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: RYF Foscam Wireless IP cam pan/tilt $50 shipped
Posted by: space-time
Date: April 04, 2014 09:27PM
only $10 more on Amazon, and it will probably be easier to return/exchange if necessary.

[www.amazon.com]
Date: April 04, 2014 09:48PM
space-time
only $10 more on Amazon, and it will probably be easier to return/exchange if necessary.

[www.amazon.com]
I like this:
Want it Monday, April 7 to 60623? Order within 56 hrs 13 mins and choose Local Express Delivery at checkout.
So I can order it at 5 AM on Monday and still receive it Monday? That's amazing.

Posted by: Catzilla
Date: April 05, 2014 12:31AM
Black

So I can order it at 5 AM on Monday and still receive it Monday? That's amazing.

No that's Amazon!

What do you need to use this? Fixed IP?
Posted by: Mini 9
Date: April 05, 2014 06:43AM
I posted here about my first Amazon "SAME DAY DELIVERY" three years ago.

[forums.macresource.com]

I recall buying a Roku in morning, getting it about noon, trying it out, and realizing it failed to do one thing I thought/wanted it to do, and returning it all within like 8 hours total time.

Black
space-time

[www.amazon.com]
I like this:
Want it Monday, April 7 to 60623? Order within 56 hrs 13 mins and choose Local Express Delivery at checkout.
Date: April 05, 2014 09:36AM
Catzilla
Black

No that's Amazon!

What do you need to use this? Fixed IP?

No fixed IP. If you want to access it over the web you need a service like dyndns.org (I pay $20 a year and can have as many cameras as I want for that.)

Posted by: onthedownlow
Date: April 05, 2014 09:47AM
Foscam has an app and a service (free) that takes care of all of the routing and DNS for you (I have two of their 720p models, like this), but I can tell you that it barely works, if it even works at all. Most of the time the Foscam site that does this is offline.

So setting it up yourself, manually, with DYNDNS or other service is the way to go with these.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/05/2014 09:48AM by onthedownlow.
Date: April 05, 2014 11:25AM
onthedownlow
Foscam has an app and a service (free) that takes care of all of the routing and DNS for you (I have two of their 720p models, like this), but I can tell you that it barely works, if it even works at all. Most of the time the Foscam site that does this is offline.

So setting it up yourself, manually, with DYNDNS or other service is the way to go with these.

Good to know, thanks. Have never not been able to get to my cameras via dyndns-- will be two years in August.

Date: April 05, 2014 11:26AM
Yesterday it looked like it had 9 hours left... today 8 days.
So cancel RYF status.

Posted by: Ammo
Date: April 05, 2014 12:56PM
I ordered a wireless camera a couple of years ago, and found the installation very confusing (granted, I am pretty clueless about anything to do with connectivity). How much do you need to know to use a camera like this one for remote viewing?

Where is there dignity unless there is also honesty? - Cicero

Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a battle you know nothing about. —Wendy Mass
Posted by: Mini 9
Date: April 05, 2014 02:46PM
I have three wireless cams. And use Synology's Surveillance Station to DVR them. I like it. But the camera 'license' for Synology is ridiculous.
Posted by: PeterB
Date: April 05, 2014 07:39PM
I don't bother with IP. I simply have different wireless cams on different frequencies; much simpler to install, and no reliance on an internet connection of any kind.

Freya says, 'Hello from NOLA, baby!' (Laissez bon temps rouler!)
Date: April 06, 2014 03:16AM
Ammo
I ordered a wireless camera a couple of years ago, and found the installation very confusing (granted, I am pretty clueless about anything to do with connectivity). How much do you need to know to use a camera like this one for remote viewing?
There is a learning curve. I was able to find the help I needed on a bike forum to get up and running.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 157
Record Number of Users: 186 on February 20, 2020
Record Number of Guests: 5122 on October 03, 2020